View Full Version : ECU Error Codes

philws
27th February 2012, 09:11 PM
G'day All,

Car Details:
2003 GUIII Manual Patrol
Boost + Pyro Gauge
Needle & Dawes Valve

Driving home from work this-evening my check engine light went on. When I got home I checked it as per the reference manual. I got Codes:
INT/AIR volume (excessively high signal from Mass Air Flow Sensor)
Air Duct, Charge Air cooler, Variable Nozzle Turbo Charger Control System,
Variable Nozzle Turbo Charger, Mass Air Flow Sensor failure, Circuit malfunction
Turbo Pressure
Circuit malfunction, Charge Air Pressure Sensor failure

When I stopped the car at the servo and then started it again the light had gone but after a few seconds it lit up again, not driving particularily hard boost on the gauge was only showing 5-6 psi. when the light goes on though it does feel like it is in limp mode i.e. it will drive like normal on light throttle but as I increase throttle there is less and less change; full throttle had very little effect. boost would get up to about 10 psi.

Are the two codes related? What is the process for identifying what is wrong? other than feeling a little underpowered the engine is running well, no smoke no weird noises.

Thanks for your help

Phil

97_gq_lwb
28th February 2012, 06:06 AM
The first thing i would do is check the battery voltage before i take any notice at all of fault codes.
Over or undercharging can cause incorrect feedback to the ecu giving all sorts of false codes.
I have read that the afm is a common part to fail on the zd30 though.