PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bumper Lights for 2006 ST... Standard? Wiring?

OzzieNorm
26th February 2012, 06:39 PM
Hi Folks.
My 2006 ST wagon has spent its life at a coal mine. May have never been registered... [And is still is not. I'm working to that goal. Rego check within 2 weeks.]

It has no lights in the rear bumper. (Has after market indicators mounted inside the rear doors at the top of the windows...)

I have looked on CarPoint; and all the 2006 ST that I checked have such lights.

I have procured genuine 2nd hand bumper lights - as the lights could be required to pass rego; and I would rather not have the inspector have any cause for failing the ST for rego - for if he finds one thing, then other 'minor' matters may be added to the failure list. :-(

===
1) Did such bumper lights come standard on a 2006 ST wagon?
2) If so, where do the bumper lights connect to the wiring harness? Please.
3) Is there a harness specifically for the rear bumper lights?

===
I have looked under the rear of my vehicle. There are harnesses (left and right sides) that come out (or go in) to the floor well on each side behind the rear wheels - and then go up over the fuel tank (perhaps to connect to the main body harness...) [Ultimately, I may have to break into those harnesses to locate the necessary power sources.]

Thanks.

Bigrig
26th February 2012, 06:48 PM
Hey mate, not sure on the. Urgent setup, but aftermarket quarter panel assemblies that have the brake, reverse and indicator lights are available new from places like Bursons etc for around $80 a side. Not a hard job wiring them up if you're electrically minded.

Doesn't answer your question as such, but gives you an option for getting it sorted.

Best I could come up with boss!!! Don't hate me!!! lmao

OzzieNorm
26th February 2012, 09:05 PM
Hey mate, not sure on the. Urgent setup, but aftermarket quarter panel assemblies that have the brake, reverse and indicator lights are available new from places like Bursons etc for around $80 a side. Not a hard job wiring them up if you're electrically minded.

Doesn't answer your question as such, but gives you an option for getting it sorted.

Best I could come up with boss!!! Don't hate me!!! lmao

Hi BigRig. Thanks for the input. Appreciated.
I found some of those rear quarter panel lights on eBay (using patrol GU lights as the search). $130 a pair delivered. However, need to be specific with respect to getting the right lights for the right model year...

The genuine bumper lights that I bought were $40 delivered. Now to install and get working.

Thanks again.

Bigrig
26th February 2012, 09:50 PM
Hi BigRig. Thanks for the input. Appreciated.
I found some of those rear quarter panel lights on eBay (using patrol GU lights as the search). $130 a pair delivered. However, need to be specific with respect to getting the right lights for the right model year...

The genuine bumper lights that I bought were $40 delivered. Now to install and get working.

Thanks again.

Pleasure mate. I installed them on mine when I did the quarter chop, and happy as with the setup - appreciate the reason Nissan did them that way (visibility) but the quarter panel setup is gold. You would have thought they'd go for too many lights rather than installing blanks!! But that is the great mystery of car building I guess .. lol

OzzieNorm
27th February 2012, 04:36 PM
Went to a local wrecker this morning. He had a late model ST. Was happy to cut out the right side harness for the bumper bar lights.

This is all the better an outcome - as the purchased harness segment has the coloured wires that I will just need to colour match when I splice into my harness. Beauty. :o}