PDA

View Full Version : Nasty virus and Trojans, beware.

the ferret
26th February 2012, 03:54 PM
Warning to anyone who visits the patrol4x4 forum ATM.
There has been a lot of nasty viruses and Trojans picked up from the site, even by logging in, I have picked up Trojans each time.
My advice is stay away till it can be sorted.
I have PM'd AB but he may be away having a good weekend.
Cheers, the ferret
EDIT, Yep, sounds like he had a good weekend LOL..

Bigrig
26th February 2012, 04:09 PM
Theres some good people, and lots of good information on there, but like I needed another reason not to go there!!! lmao

Shame really, as I'm sure it started out like this forum and just got too big to manage and collapsed on itself. Bit of a free for all when I last visited (may have improved though).

Hopefully they sort the problem, but by the same token, 'business is business' as it were and just like true businesses, I hope we pick up some more clientele from the fallout.

NissanGQ4.2
26th February 2012, 04:55 PM
Someone probable installed my screen saver. Damn that STD infected screen saver!!!

MQ MAD
27th February 2012, 10:13 AM
Dont have an issue over there
But i keep the antivirus software upto date

Maybe ya picked up a virus from all the naughty sites ya vist Rod

AB
27th February 2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the heads up Rod!

Just so everyone is clear this side of the fence is happy and no known problems of the kind...LMAO

Just for the record Rod, had a disaster of a weekend...lol

TimE
27th February 2012, 02:11 PM
Dont have an issue over there

Maybe ya picked up a virus from all the naughty sites ya vist Rod

Still getting Malicious Software warnings when visiting that site.

I use Avast and it is pointing to http://directmarketingmanage.in/in.cgi...ect.... as the problem

the ferret
27th February 2012, 03:00 PM
Might pay to let OldMav in on that one Mate, I'm not going there!!

the ferret
27th February 2012, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=MQ MAD;193018]Dont have an issue over there

Maybe ya picked up a virus from all the naughty sites ya vist Rod[/QUOTE.

LOL!!

wildgu6
27th February 2012, 10:28 PM
Well i guess thats what happens on an inferiour site..........hahahaha
Cheers Rod

the ferret
27th February 2012, 10:39 PM
The trojans picked up were photoclass"trojan.maljava",exploitwebsite9, blackhole toolkit14, fakeavwebsite, so there is a lot of risk I would say.
Any of these sites have the potential of freezing your puter, they are tricky and dont give any way of escape, what ever you click on, you are at high risk for the time being..
Cheers, the ferret
EDIT... I only posted this info as I have many friends on this forum and others, loyal or not to any particular forum, everyone is entitled to any warnings that may come about.
Worm and virus removal can be expensive, not to mention the fact that your bank account may have been compromised by any one of these viruses.
I would also like to ad that it is not the fault of the said forum that they are under attack by these ratbags and that I'm sure that those in control are doing everything in their power to solve the problem.
Cheers, the ferret.

ManBoy
29th February 2012, 03:27 PM
Does anyone have any updates as to the status of Patrol 4x4?? It seems as those google now has a warning against it when you search for it.

04OFF
29th February 2012, 03:57 PM
Not fixed yet Manboy, might be a while yet i think !

ManBoy
29th February 2012, 04:04 PM
How bad is it I haven't been brave enough to have a look.

Maxhead
29th February 2012, 04:15 PM
Still sick at the moment. Google report:

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page

What is the current listing status for p4x4
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 4 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 677 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 24 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-02-28, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-02-28.
Malicious software includes 20 trojan(s), 10 scripting exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 4 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 21 domain(s), including nastrerey.in/, kpain.osa.pl/, appfree.in/.

9 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including pictures-host.in/, discount12-promo.in/, directmarketingmanage.in/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS32244 (LIQUID).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this website, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Centre.

Timbo
29th February 2012, 04:18 PM
Moral of the story is...

NEVER visit PATROL4x4.

If you read Patrol4x4 backwards, it says VIRUS. Ok not really, but if you squint your eyes, it almost could! Hahaha.

ManBoy
29th February 2012, 04:48 PM
I don't know exactly what that all means Nisspat but I'll take it as Patrol 4x4 is very much off limits for the time being, maybe even forever, cheers.

Maxhead
29th February 2012, 04:50 PM
I don't know exactly what that all means Nisspat but I'll take it as Patrol 4x4 is very much off limits for the time being, maybe even forever, cheers.

Yeah, a bit of jargon from google saying there are infections on that site. As long as your PC is wearing its condom it will be right>LOLOLOLOL

ManBoy
29th February 2012, 05:36 PM
Well the PC is owned by my employer so I'm sure the security is maintained by the lowest bidder and I really don't want to have the conversation where I try to explain what sort of site I got infected on.

hekarewe
29th February 2012, 06:31 PM
just went to log onto that site and was red flagged by my security soft wear so the problems are still there.

AB
29th February 2012, 08:09 PM
Shame for them though as that would be a nightmare for any site owner.

I would be blasting my provider and getting them to sort out their firewalls and remove the bugs pronto.

Seems that Google has already found plenty of bugs in their site whilst crawling which is not a good sign.

They will need to contact Google once It's all resolved and try to get them to remove their warnings too.

It's easier to ride a bicycle up Big Red then get in the good books with Lord Google...lol

97_gq_lwb
29th February 2012, 10:01 PM
I used to frequent that site until some limp wristed tosser became a moderator and went on a power trip.

Silver
29th February 2012, 10:06 PM
I spend very little time over there - generally only when a web browser search shows they might have an answer I'm after. I by far prefer this forum.

That said, I would not wish that kind of strife on any forum owner. Well, maybe some, but not that one :-)

Bigrig
29th February 2012, 10:09 PM
I used to frequent that site until some limp wristed tosser became a moderator and went on a power trip.

There's a few 'non moderators' who adopt a similar philosophy mate ... as said, shame as there is some good people on there and obviously for the duration it's existed, a lot of good info. It may have improved in my time away, but just appeared to be (personal opinion only) a lot of bickering bullsh1t and ego's going on - and trust me, those who've met me know I'm no prude!!

the ferret
29th February 2012, 11:30 PM
There's a few 'non moderators' who adopt a similar philosophy mate ... as said, shame as there is some good people on there and obviously for the duration it's existed, a lot of good info. It may have improved in my time away, but just appeared to be (personal opinion only) a lot of bickering bullsh1t and ego's going on - and trust me, those who've met me know I'm no prude!!
patrol 4x4 is a good site, it has about 35000 members I think, been going for a long time and has a whole mine of info contributed over the years which you would expect from such a long standing site.
Some of the members are not my cuppa tea, most of the members however are just like those here, eager to help and show what can be done for minimal cost as DIY
Knowing some of the background of patrol4x4, I can only sympathise with the raw deal they are getting by some RATBAG.
It would be a shame to have it close down because of some arzol encripting viruses.
This could happen to any site, I just hope it's resolved soon and all the info is not lost.
Cheers, the ferret.

Bigrig
29th February 2012, 11:46 PM
patrol 4x4 is a good site, it has about 35000 members I think, been going for a long time and has a whole mine of info contributed over the years which you would expect from such a long standing site.
Some of the members are not my cuppa tea, most of the members however are just like those here, eager to help and show what can be done for minimal cost as DIY
Knowing some of the background of patrol4x4, I can only sympathise with the raw deal they are getting by some RATBAG.
It would be a shame to have it close down because of some arzol encripting viruses.
This could happen to any site, I just hope it's resolved soon and all the info is not lost.
Cheers, the ferret.

Yeah, I've seen you on there Rod, and you're spot on as I said also - good people, and good info. My parting comment would be maybe it's just not 'controlled' as effectively (which is harder I know with that many members) as here and certain people and comments are allowed to slip through .. I never saw anything like the welcome process etc, and know of comments made that its "f*#king ridiculous" and "what a bunch of w@nkers" etc and generally speaking, it comes from know it all young fellas who are the prime reason for half our problems in the general publics (and governments) eyes.

the ferret
1st March 2012, 12:54 AM
Yep, well said Big rig.
No wellcome processs, a few smart arzes, a lot of politics too, but having said that, all in all a handy place to visit, mind you, a bit suss ATM.
Cheers, the ferret.

oncedisturbed
1st March 2012, 01:28 AM
well said bigrig, I float around over there on and off as well as Perth4x4 and 4wda (most of the time) quite regularly and there some top guys over there, sadly some members on most forums like their own power trip. Used to hate dropping on members attitudes when i used to be a site admin / global mod on gaming forums.

Had a quick gander on the Patrol4x4 site and it appears some knucklehead/s tried to hack in through the backend server, I would be shooting a rocket up the host if I were them

the ferret
1st March 2012, 11:18 AM
Hi Guys, I have a few members over there asking me for prices, but sorry, not going back there till all the security is re installed, sick to death of having to clean out my computer, not to mention the stress.
I tried to log in there this morning and was hit with a barrage of warnings LOL
It's warm and cosy and nice and safe here.
Cheers, the ferret.

Snafu
4th March 2012, 12:29 AM
Yeh its a bugger as I needed to contact a member ( barney ) on the patrol4x4 forum in regards to the bonnet scoops he is making so I can get one ordered.

canuck
6th March 2012, 12:10 PM
Cheers, the ferret.

I'll second that. We've a ton of info over there specific to the Safaris and to importing and running them in Canada. It would be a shame to lose all of that.

Tweakedoffroad
6th March 2012, 04:06 PM
From what I have been told it won't be much longer till its fixed

Timbo
6th March 2012, 04:31 PM
Notice the lack of cheering? :P

Honestly, I'd love to see a few of the blokes from that site over here. There's a couple in particular that REALLY know their stuff! I think they'd be far better off with all of the awesome people here to mingle with and chew the fat. There are certainly some real knobs over there though, I won't mince my words but I'll try and remain someone family friendly.

But alas, it doesn't matter what I think. I'm just glad this site is rock solid with an active crew of moderators who are patient and helpful and an Admin who is on top of 99.9% of any issues that arise.

Maxhead
6th March 2012, 05:30 PM
I'm not going to comment to much as I have already expressed my opinion on Patrol4x4. The owner/admin is no where to be seen and all we hear is it will be all fixed soon. How long has it been since the site got infected? A: Way to long!.
This is a bit of a shame because it was a really good forum.

One thing I can say is the owner/admin of this forum is 100% behind this website and will do anything in his power to support it, maintain it, back it, protect it and will also do anything to look after his members.

I have had dozens of PM's from the other forum members supporting my comments. This explains it all.

That's all

canuck
6th March 2012, 06:58 PM
I'm not going to comment to much as I have already expressed my opinion on Patrol4x4. The owner/admin is no where to be seen and all we hear is it will be all fixed soon. How long has it been since the site got infected? A: Way to long!.
This is a bit of a shame because it was a really good forum.

I am willing to throw Link some slack over there. Yes, he's been away and things may not have been as good as they could have been. But chit happens and a guy has to take care of his life before a business. The mods there like mods ion most forums are pretty decent guys volunteering their time and expertise. Most people are welcoming but there are trolls that surface in every forum. It is very friendly here, but I don't see why it has to be an either or thing.

Maxhead
6th March 2012, 07:19 PM
I am willing to throw Link some slack over there. Yes, he's been away and things may not have been as good as they could have been. But chit happens and a guy has to take care of his life before a business. The mods there like mods ion most forums are pretty decent guys volunteering their time and expertise. Most people are welcoming but there are trolls that surface in every forum. It is very friendly here, but I don't see why it has to be an either or thing.

Mate, I totally understand. Sh1t does happen but most businesses or forums for that matter have back-ups in place for these situations to reduce the impact on their customers/members. Unfortunately the mods and an Admin have no idea what is going on or where the site is hosted to be able to help. This is unfortunate as the site has been one of the best around.

Also, this is not about this forum or that forum but its about the support/feedback people are getting from the BOSS! and I am more then comfortable this site is supported100% by the boss!

I just want to say I have nothing against the Patrol4x4 site or their members or mods but I think the owner needs a good kick up the arse no meter what has happened.!

growler2058
6th March 2012, 07:21 PM

Fair comment I only read about other Trolls in the paper on the weekend (different to the nissan ones ) but even so there's no reason to tolerate w@nkers/ trolls. That was the first forum I signed upto. Reckon I've got two posts there. Came here and never looked back first impressions count IMHO in saying that people are fine to roam where ever they want ay everyone marches to a different tune be a funny ol joint if they didn't. I've met one of the mods from patrol4x4 and he seems like a top bloke willing to help.

AB
6th March 2012, 07:22 PM
I appreciate the positive feedback everyone but I am closing this thread as I don't want to go down this path.

Let's just hope that they sort the problem out as I'm sure there are some good minded die hard fans on that site which would be bleeding if all that data was lost. Same as if it happened here.