PDA

View Full Version : My very first recovery

rkinsey
25th February 2012, 02:12 PM
Well, I finally got to use my winch and recovery gear for the first time in over a year, and it wasnt to get myself ourt of trouble either.

Wasnt even 4WDriving! Recovery was at home. We are having extensions done to our house and it has been raining so much that the ground is absolutley soaked. (We started in November 2011 and the day the builder laid the slab it started raining and hasnt stopped since)

After digging the trenches for the sewer and stormwater the builder tried to get his bobcat out but only succeeded in diging himself in.

Thanks to all of the posts on this forum which has given me a great deal of information on saftey and recovery techniques I pulled the 3 ton bobcat that was buried up to its belly, through the mud and onto solid ground. Didnt even engage 4WL. Chocked the front and rear wheels and used my Warn highmount 15000lb winch strung with 9mm thick 12000lb breaking strain cable to get him out without ripping up the newly laid PVC pipework.

I dodnt have any pics of the actual recovery but I did use my cable dampner and used appropriate recovery signals to all involved. Thanks boys. Here are some photos of the bogged bobcat though.

growler2058
25th February 2012, 02:27 PM
Nice work!!

Bigrig
25th February 2012, 02:28 PM
Top effort mate!!! Just goes to show what can be done!!!

NissanGQ4.2
25th February 2012, 03:56 PM
Think the grass needs cutting *LMAO*

At least the last couple of days have been nice, I was nearly going 2 sell the patrol and but a boat.

Nice work on the safe recovery, shame you didn't get it on vid.

Can you PM the builders details, that's only of course only if you would recommend them.

Cheers

Todd

Woof
25th February 2012, 04:05 PM
Great work mate, well done

DX grunt
25th February 2012, 08:06 PM
Congrats mate.

The first time I used my winch in anger was to open the sliding garage door. The mother wouldn't open coz the tracks were stuck, so I winched it open. lol

Worked first time, too. Not recommended though.

Rossco

rottodiver
25th February 2012, 08:15 PM
awesome work...... must be sooooft for a bobcat to get stuck!!!!

Scotty

rkinsey
26th February 2012, 09:01 AM
Think the grass needs cutting *LMAO*

At least the last couple of days have been nice, I was nearly going 2 sell the patrol and but a boat.

Nice work on the safe recovery, shame you didn't get it on vid.

Can you PM the builders details, that's only of course only if you would recommend them.

Cheers

Todd

Gday Todd,

PM sent mate. I would most certainly reccomend our Builder. They have done a fantastic job with the weather we have had in the last 4 months. They have actually only worked 20 work days and are at lockup already.

Yep, the grass does need cutting but I cant get down the back because it is still under water. If it is fine today I'll break out the liquid wipper snipper and deal with it that way......

Cheers,

Rob

matus368
28th February 2012, 08:15 AM
Oh my good:D how long it was raining before that work?:D

rkinsey
29th February 2012, 04:00 PM
Oh my good:D how long it was raining before that work?:D

They poured the slab in November (4 Months ago) and it started raining that day.... it hasnt stopped since!!!

NissanGQ4.2
29th February 2012, 04:11 PM
Gday Todd,

PM sent mate. I would most certainly reccomend our Builder. They have done a fantastic job with the weather we have had in the last 4 months. They have actually only worked 20 work days and are at lockup already.

Yep, the grass does need cutting but I cant get down the back because it is still under water. If it is fine today I'll break out the liquid wipper snipper and deal with it that way......

Cheers,

Rob

Thanks for the PM rob, hope you got the grass cut, them rains are back...........

Maybe you should of got the bobcat 2 dig a big hole for a swimming pool.......................at least you wouldn't need 2 fill it up...mother nature would fill it for you!

I hate rain!!!!!!!!!