PDA

View Full Version : how much is it worth

Andy185
20th February 2012, 05:31 PM
I have a DX 1995 4.2D. The roof and some panels have badly rusted, however the engine and drive train are in good condition. The motor has done 340km. I am looking to either sell as is or break down to sell parts. How much should I ask for the motor etc or what do you all reckon it would be worth considering the rust issue. Chassis also in reasonable condition.

AB
20th February 2012, 05:33 PM
Hi Andy, has it got turbo or (N/A) naturally aspirated?

Andy185
20th February 2012, 06:53 PM
No turbo mate

Airstrike
20th February 2012, 07:51 PM
have you got electric windows and if so willing to sell???

AB
20th February 2012, 08:06 PM
Hard to say mate, you can make some good money selling parts if you can be bothered taking them all off.

I know someone who paid 6k for a TD42 with the safari turbo that had done around 300,000km's.

You would have to think you could get at least 3k-4k for the motor depending on It's condition

The motor itself is worth a bit, even at 340k.

If the body is fairly rusted then maybe parts would be the way to go.

Diffs, transfer, gearbox, etc...It all adds up.

Andy185
20th February 2012, 09:37 PM
I have two people interested but only in the motor and they keep asking me how much but I have know idea whats reasonable to ask for it. I know a reco motor is $6500. No it doesn't have electric windows.

Airstrike
20th February 2012, 10:47 PM
I have two people interested but only in the motor and they keep asking me how much but I have know idea whats reasonable to ask for it. I know a reco motor is $6500. No it doesn't have electric windows.

Sorry I meant Electric Side View mirrors

97_gq_lwb
20th February 2012, 11:07 PM
I have seen the same motors for the last 6 months on ebay for around $2500 that haven't sold.
I bought a whole patrol the same rusted out with a few extras like a winch bar electronic rust prevention etc for $750 wich was a great deal.
I was also offered one around the same time for $1500 i never bought i wish i did.
I honestly think it it would be worth between 2-3 for someone wanting an engine conversion that needed the lot.

Airstrike
20th February 2012, 11:22 PM
Andy where in bundy are you located. I will be in bucca this weekend if i can come look?

Andy185
21st February 2012, 06:37 AM
Yeah I am at Burnett Heads and no I don,t mind if you want a look-see. I was hoping to sell complete vehicle and had throught about $3,250 for it come and see make a reasonable offer. Send your ph number via private message and i will contact you.

Airstrike
21st February 2012, 09:07 AM
Copy PM sent

MQ MAD
23rd February 2012, 05:26 PM

The cost of a reco motor doesnt come into the equation im afraid
They usually come with a warranty of sorts, itll usually get serviced by said reco mob to ensure its running good
2nd hand motor , even wreckers give minimal if any warranty
Most wreckers give a written report on an engine, if that but if theres an issue and they offer some warranty , youll have to remove engine to return for issues
2nd hand engine,do a test or two take a punt,anything copuld go wrong
As for parts and there worth ???
Whos removing said parts ???
Your time is worth money, and most dont have the time to extract every last $$$ and most nowadays dont have the space
IMHO IF time ,space is an issue,go for a complete take the lot price
Some parts youll still have in the shed or kikn around the yard for awhile