PDA

View Full Version : Sub Tank Transfer Small Spillage

nullack
18th February 2012, 02:59 PM
With my new GU patrol, when I filled both tanks and drove it to the point I needed to transfer from sub to main, I found later a small amount of diesel in the fuel filler hole, kinda wet, not a large amount but nonetheless for a brand new vehicle it suprised me.

Is this normal?

It wasnt enough to escape out the flap and onto the body, just a bit inside the fuel filler space.

the evil twin
18th February 2012, 05:42 PM
With my new GU patrol, when I filled both tanks and drove it to the point I needed to transfer from sub to main, I found later a small amount of diesel in the fuel filler hole, kinda wet, not a large amount but nonetheless for a brand new vehicle it suprised me.

Is this normal?

It wasnt enough to escape out the flap and onto the body, just a bit inside the fuel filler space.

Probably just a bit of blowback if there was a surge in the main while you were transferring. Keep an eye on it and if it does it every time get them to check it out.

The system will transfer up to 1/2 a litre when you start under certain conditions as part of the self test so if it was a blockage/loose pipe or something the residue would be there all the time I reckon.