PDA

View Full Version : Maybe an amazing story

AB
16th February 2012, 07:43 PM
Maybe an amazing story...lol

My uncle had a large cattle farm up in Bairnsdale and 30 years ago my old man lost his wedding ring when he was shutting a gate on the farm.

We just saw on the news yesterday that they found a gold wedding ring with the date engraved on the back of it. Not many wedding rings these days have engraved dates.

This ring was found in a cows stomach when they were cutting it up and the cow came from a farm in Bairnsdale. I know It's a long shot but Mum rang the Tv station today and told them the date which was engraved on the ring and they are going to check it to see if it matches.

Imagine if it was the ring!!!!!!!!!!

Fingers crossed I guess...Long shot but I wouldn't imagine there would be many wedding rings sitting on a paddock in Bairnsdale with a date engraved just waiting for a cow to scoop it up...lol

taslucas
16th February 2012, 08:06 PM
That's awesome! It would be a truly amazing story to tell. Fingers crossed for them too!

growler2058
16th February 2012, 08:10 PM
Bloody oath hope it is ands not a yarn the ol boy spun. Like actually flogged it off to buy more beer hahahaha

Bigrig
16th February 2012, 08:15 PM
Maybe an amazing story...lol

My uncle had a large cattle farm up in Bairnsdale and 30 years ago my old man lost his wedding ring when he was shutting a gate on the farm.

We just saw on the news yesterday that they found a gold wedding ring with the date engraved on the back of it. Not many wedding rings these days have engraved dates.

This ring was found in a cows stomach when they were cutting it up and the cow came from a farm in Bairnsdale. I know It's a long shot but Mum rang the Tv station today and told them the date which was engraved on the ring and they are going to check it to see if it matches.

Imagine if it was the ring!!!!!!!!!!

Fingers crossed I guess...Long shot but I wouldn't imagine there would be many wedding rings sitting on a paddock in Bairnsdale with a date engraved just waiting for a cow to scoop it up...lol

That would be nothing short of incredible ... unless he "lost it" on purpose ... in which case ... damn that hungry cow!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO

robbo0001
16th February 2012, 09:07 PM
Thats awesome....hope it works out for your Dad, AB.

I lost a watch in the surf at Kings beach at Caloundra (18th birthday present from my oldies, engraved with my birthdate), in 1993.
Washed up at my feet, on patrol as a Lifesaver at Kings Beach....in 1996.
It was stuffed, obviously...but still have the engraved rear portion of the watch.
Miracles do happen.:cheers:

AB
16th February 2012, 09:11 PM
Thats awesome....hope it works out for your Dad, AB.

I lost a watch in the surf at Kings beach at Caloundra (18th birthday present from my oldies, engraved with my birthdate), in 1993.
Washed up at my feet, on patrol as a Lifesaver at Kings Beach....in 1996.
It was stuffed, obviously...but still have the engraved rear portion of the watch.
Miracles do happen.:cheers:

That would have been a shock...lol...Whats the chances of that!!!

robbo0001
16th February 2012, 09:19 PM
"And some say, I have had no luck since......"
Haha.....just jokes.
One in a million chance....your Dad may just be one in a BILLION.
Fingers crossed, a good news story is always good to hear about.

AB
16th February 2012, 09:21 PM
EDIT: I was thinking at the time how did it not just pass straight through? Maybe it did and has been eaten over and over during the years and this time it just happened to be half way through some cow's system?? Un-bloody-believable if it turns out to be your dads!!

Funny, I had some people today say to me....How did it stay in the cows stomach for over 30 years...lol....Yeah ummm Cows don't live for 30 years.

Finly Owner
16th February 2012, 09:46 PM
Funny, I had some people today say to me....How did it stay in the cows stomach for over 30 years...lol....Yeah ummm Cows don't live for 30 years.
Two stomachs, two rings. hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa.

wildgu6
16th February 2012, 09:49 PM
Amazing stories there fellas, Could be the start of a new thread.
What are the chances, on both counts. Hope all dates add up for the folks Andy. That would be a great feeling for em.
Fingers crossed mate. Great story for future campfires aye. Good luck as Dave had. How bizzare