PDA

View Full Version : Driveline vibration

Thirsty
15th February 2012, 10:02 PM
I have a 4.5L auto, with a really bad vibration with wering noise at 10 odd Kph. I'm going try another tailshaft to see if thats it. this noise has been gradually getting worse for a while now. I have just done the front wheel bearngs and the rear are fine. It does sound like its coming from the rear although the vibration is that bad it vibrates everything now. Has anyone had a similar experience or thoughts?

cheers

Bigrig
15th February 2012, 10:17 PM
Uni joint on the shaft? Seems odd to be the shaft itself unless bent - even if it dropped a weight or two, at that speed you wouldn't think it noticeable (not saying it can't be though).

Russell1974
15th February 2012, 11:12 PM
Are the control arm bushes flogged out or panhard rod I had vibration in my 4.2td and found out they were a contributing factor but my were flogged out heaps

thomas.h
17th February 2012, 03:57 PM
most likely going to be backlash in the uni joints, easiest way to check is lay under the car grab hld of the driveshaft on either side of teh uni and twist in opposite driections if you feel any free play at all replace the uni joint

Thirsty
17th February 2012, 08:39 PM
most likely going to be backlash in the uni joints, easiest way to check is lay under the car grab hld of the driveshaft on either side of teh uni and twist in opposite driections if you feel any free play at all replace the uni joint

Theres nothing in the uni's although there is a mm in the slip joint.

Cheers

Thirsty
19th February 2012, 10:45 AM
I haven't tried the other tailshaft yet, I do have some chunky muddys. So I'm trying a set of HT's today to see if it could be an odd wearing tyre.

Thirsty
19th February 2012, 07:06 PM
Problem Solved - TYRES.