15th February 2012, 05:37 PM
Well my intercooler finally gave in
the other day not serious but a pain
had it pressure tested yep gone alright
so the man at nitrad in warragul says
it will be a week or so wait for a new core
they had got on to nissan but they reckon theres none in aus
ok no probs how much,$600 he says,mmm left it at that, looked up patrolapart
rang them this morning ,last one on the self was sold, bugger ,he tells me that they could get one for me tomorrow ,cool ill go down and get it in the morning then how much then,$55o deal done and dusted ill fit it up in there driveway no probs he says
then about lunch time i get a call from them you guessed it where they get them done cant get the cores either,monday next they,l call and let me know
if they have done the job ,thats cutting it fine for us as we were going to n.s.w
on the wednesday,not alls lost though if i cant take the trol we,l have to take
the pulsar grrrrr

belzi82
15th February 2012, 05:45 PM
I know you don't like ebay but there may be one on there!

belzi82
15th February 2012, 05:47 PM
Okay forget above there isn't any

Sir Roofy
15th February 2012, 05:49 PM
i know you don't like ebay but there may be one on there!

there was but not the best ive seen $110 ill wait
thanks bel

Warnie
16th February 2012, 08:37 AM
Unlucky mate, I hope it gets sorted for your trip.

macca86
16th February 2012, 03:24 PM
thought of buying an upgraded one form A.R.E or cross country or A.S.E a little more but much better quality and should have them in stock

BillsGU
16th February 2012, 04:47 PM
thought of buying an upgraded one form A.R.E or cross country or A.S.E a little more but much better quality and should have them in stock

Bought one from ASE about six weeks ago via ebay (paid up front with PayPal). When I had not heard from them in two weeks I rang them and they said " oh - hang on a minute". I then heard lots of typing on a keyboard. And they said they had "found" the paperwork and the intercooler arrived a few days later. It looks good and fitted well - until I wanted to do an oil change. The oil filler cap would not come off because it hit the intercooler. I called them to see if they had sent me the right one. They asked for photos - which I sent immediately - and said they would get back to me. I am still waiting.

macca86
16th February 2012, 05:01 PM
Bought one from ASE about six weeks ago via ebay (paid up front with PayPal). When I had not heard from them in two weeks I rang them and they said " oh - hang on a minute". I then heard lots of typing on a keyboard. And they said they had "found" the paperwork and the intercooler arrived a few days later. It looks good and fitted well - until I wanted to do an oil change. The oil filler cap would not come off because it hit the intercooler. I called them to see if they had sent me the right one. They asked for photos - which I sent immediately - and said they would get back to me. I am still waiting.

really that sucks can you space it up or will it foul the bonnet? I was looking at getting one from them. poor service though mind you they prob get heaps of calls and emails a day from tyre kickers etc but still money paid you should be looked after

BillsGU
16th February 2012, 07:02 PM
really that sucks can you space it up or will it foul the bonnet? I was looking at getting one from them. poor service though mind you they prob get heaps of calls and emails a day from tyre kickers etc but still money paid you should be looked after

I may have to put spacers under the intercooler in the end - but I paid $950 for the bloody thing and I expect some sort of reply. Even if they say "yep - thats normal". But if it was I would have expected spacers in the kit. Spacers may affect the bonnet clearance and damage the intercooler - voiding my warranty. I don't think a prompt reply is unreasonable.

I will keep you all informed on the outcome - or lack thereof.

Sir Roofy
16th February 2012, 07:19 PM
thought of buying an upgraded one form a.r.e or cross country or a.s.e a little more but much better quality and should have them in stock

did look at them and yes thought of getting one ,but think ill save for it and get what i really want

Sir Roofy
16th February 2012, 07:20 PM
unlucky mate, i hope it gets sorted for your trip.

hopefully it will be sorted buy then but will be a goer for the n/meet up

BillsGU
16th February 2012, 07:54 PM
did look at them and yes thought of getting one ,but think ill save for it and get what i really want

What do you REALLY want? Too late for me - but I'd like to know.

Sir Roofy
17th February 2012, 07:46 AM
what do you really want? Too late for me - but i'd like to know.

im looking at a crosscountry one ,not to long a bit deeper look ok
just have to catch up to snicko for some feed back on hers

BillsGU
21st February 2012, 04:01 PM
I may have to put spacers under the intercooler in the end - but I paid $950 for the bloody thing and I expect some sort of reply. Even if they say "yep - thats normal". But if it was I would have expected spacers in the kit. Spacers may affect the bonnet clearance and damage the intercooler - voiding my warranty. I don't think a prompt reply is unreasonable.

I will keep you all informed on the outcome - or lack thereof.

Have sent them two emails since and I am STILL waiting for a reply. As they don't want to talk to me I am starting a dispute process with PayPal to recover my money. The intercooler does NOT perform as I had a right to expect and they DONT want to even talk to me about it. I am sick of spending the hard earned on products that are not up to scratch and having to foot the loss. I expect this with cheap overseas crap - but NOT with an expensive Austrailan built product.

Sir Roofy
21st February 2012, 06:32 PM
have sent them two emails since and i am still waiting for a reply. As they don't want to talk to me i am starting a dispute process with paypal to recover my money. The intercooler does not perform as i had a right to expect and they dont want to even talk to me about it. I am sick of spending the hard earned on products that are not up to scratch and having to foot the loss. I expect this with cheap overseas crap - but not with an expensive austrailan built product.

hi bills gu i ended up putting a gu recor back on
both tanks where welded and the core is more solid so far it has done the job
went for a drive the other day in the hills a couple of steep pinches and was happy with the result
got it from patrol apart

macca86
22nd February 2012, 07:22 AM
Have sent them two emails since and I am STILL waiting for a reply. As they don't want to talk to me I am starting a dispute process with PayPal to recover my money. The intercooler does NOT perform as I had a right to expect and they DONT want to even talk to me about it. I am sick of spending the hard earned on products that are not up to scratch and having to foot the loss. I expect this with cheap overseas crap - but NOT with an expensive Austrailan built product.

Bugger I was really wanting that brand too as it was cheaper than cross country and bigger than ARE might just do the ARE scoop and cooler package then. Hope it sorts out for you mate.

BillsGU
22nd February 2012, 09:52 AM
hi bills gu i ended up putting a gu recor back on
both tanks where welded and the core is more solid so far it has done the job
went for a drive the other day in the hills a couple of steep pinches and was happy with the result
got it from patrol apart

I did think about doing that Roofy - but then I thought if I am going to spend the money I would go for something a bit up market. The fact is that the ASE intercooler performs very well - its the clearance issue that is the problem.

They did contact me today and have suggested some solutions. A step in the right direction at last !

Sir Roofy
22nd February 2012, 10:27 AM
i did think about doing that roofy - but then i thought if i am going to spend the money i would go for something a bit up market. The fact is that the ase intercooler performs very well - its the clearance issue that is the problem.

They did contact me today and have suggested some solutions. A step in the right direction at last !

thats a good start then,the only reason i went with the recor
was the fact that they welded both tanks and a better core ill let you know how it goes when i get back

Sir Roofy
27th February 2012, 03:40 PM
thats a good start then,the only reason i went with the recor
was the fact that they welded both tanks and a better core ill let you know how it goes when i get back

billsgu ,had a good run with the intercooler
but feel it needs more air
another bigger airbox would make a difference and a bigger turbo as well?
might have a chat with the young blokes at patroldocta about an air box
they make s/s ones for there comp cars and see what they suggest

BillsGU
27th February 2012, 05:01 PM
billsgu ,had a good run with the intercooler
but feel it needs more air
another bigger airbox would make a difference and a bigger turbo as well?
might have a chat with the young blokes at patroldocta about an air box
they make s/s ones for there comp cars and see what they suggest

I have a feeling their suggestion would involve spending LOTS of money !!

Sir Roofy
28th February 2012, 08:16 AM
i have a feeling their suggestion would involve spending lots of money !!

what i saw when there wernt cheap ,but this dosen,t seem to deter the
young blokes these days

BillsGU
28th February 2012, 05:19 PM
what i saw when there wernt cheap ,but this dosen,t seem to deter the
young blokes these days

A credit card goes such a loooooooooooooong way !!!