PDA

View Full Version : tb42e auto changing at high revs

saw13
14th February 2012, 02:47 PM
Hey lads, i have recently just done a huge conversion in my swb, from carby manual to efi auto ( complete engine box all wiring fuel tank ect!!!! ) huge a** job and its the second time i have done this(never again), anyways the lad i bought the motor ect off sometimes had problems with it just not starting so found out it had some thing to do with the ECU, when it would play up he would unplug the original and plug in one of his mates ECU to fire it up, turn it off the put his original ECU back in and it would be fine for a week or two then would have the same problem (wierd)
so after i finished all the swapping nd cursing, it was running sweet as, then having the same problem until two days ago when it just wouldnt start at all, i pulled out the ECU noticed there was corrosion around 3-4 pins, i gently cleaned them up then on basicly just fell off, so i went nd grabbed the other ECU of a mate, plugged it in it started first go but was up in revs about 1500-1700 it finally came down after warm up and sat about 800-1000 on idle no a/c, as it took it for a drive it wouldnt change gears untill about 4000 rpm through ever gear, but when i switch it to HOLD on the auto switch it will change fine using it manually, i rang wholsalers autos and asked the Q. he suggested on changing the TPS position, either that or the speed sensor cog is out or something but that has never been touched,
if anyone has any info that might be able to help it would be greatly appricated, thanks

Airstrike
14th February 2012, 03:16 PM
Tough. If it were manual I would say either gearbox/clutch or the TPS. I dont have the hold option as Im a manual. BUT I did have the rev hassles and it was the wiring from the TPS and my clutch had pooed its pants.. I did however have an auto previously and when that happen I had to overhaul auto trans. Dont know about the start. Maybe search for faults usinf ECU talk?

saw13
16th February 2012, 12:46 AM
Hmm I just got the ECU fixed nd put it back in today, but now it is the same with reving high before it changes gears, also noticed when I have the key to the on position, there is like a buzzing noise coming from the auto, it so has me beat now!!!! ECU talk? What is that Ryan?
Would that be the block under the dash?