PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance

Rudda32
13th February 2012, 06:23 PM
Hey all, I was hoping someone could tell me if there is a time limit from the day of a car accident to the date the quote is done.

AB
13th February 2012, 07:21 PM
Hopefully someone can advise you better mate but I think there may be a slight waiting period. I think home insurance can be 24 hours but not sure about car insurance.

oncedisturbed
14th February 2012, 07:14 PM
My understanding is it will depend on the insurers authorised repairer and there workload. When i put the wifes car and the it got written off from memory was 3 weeks from initial lodging with rac to inspection / writeoff, payout was 4 days after that.

AB
14th February 2012, 07:48 PM
I completely miss read this question...lol

I thought you were asking from the date of getting insurance versus if you have an accident the next day are you covered....haha

Yep, have another beer AB...lol

Rudda32
14th February 2012, 09:25 PM
Guys my wife hit a car up the bum, and 95 days have lapsed between the accident and the quote date.
I was wondering how long was too long for a quote.
I want to argue that more damage may have been sustained in that time.

Bigrig
14th February 2012, 09:29 PM
Guys my wife hit a car up the bum, and 95 days have lapsed between the accident and the quote date.
I was wondering how long was too long for a quote.
I want to argue that more damage may have been sustained in that time.

Yeah, that's a bloody long time mate ... did she happen to take photos? So you can compare to the quote? I know it sounds obvious, but that would be the only way to know for sure outside of any form of "statute of limitation" on claim time.