PDA

View Full Version : Hi - Question about bubbling dash

JamClan
13th February 2012, 02:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

We think we have found the place to be if you own a Patrol!

We own a 2004 GU IV PAtrol ST. It is the best car and we love to take it off road, but especially the beach.

We have a lot of bubbles on our dash. After reading on your forum, we found out we might be able to get it replaced. So, my husband rings around and finds out that we can't. The truck is too old. BUT Nissan Australia said they have a record of our Patrol having the dash replaced in 2006 and said they would supply the dash, but we would have to pay for labour. So, my question is Should we have to pay for labour? The second dash is less than 6 years old and has bubble over about 60% of the dash. I think Nissan should pay for the labour. I would love to hear from anyone else that has had to have a second dash replaced. Thanks and we look forward to being part of this online community :)

AB
13th February 2012, 02:39 PM
Welcome to the forum, hopefully someone who has had this done can help you.

If you don't get answers here you may want to put up separate post about it in another section as a lot of people don't read the intro's but see how it goes for a few hours.

Enjoy!

growler2058
13th February 2012, 02:52 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Gerry KH
13th February 2012, 04:19 PM
Hi, I have a 2007 Patrol and I am having the same bubble problem so I shall ring Nissan and see what happens. Will keep you up to date on this one,
Gerry KH

Dhuck
13th February 2012, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Dave

JamClan
14th February 2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! please keep me posted about your dash!!

wildgu6
14th February 2012, 09:03 PM
G'day & welcome aboard Jamclan,
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.
My thoughts are, if nissan had an issue in 06 (recall no doubt) and its the same prob', they should pay the labour.
Bit if they wont come to the party, grab the dash and fit it yourself.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Maxhead
15th February 2012, 05:41 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

y60fromDK
15th February 2012, 07:56 AM
Welcome to the forum

ben101
16th February 2012, 12:53 PM
I have a GUIV 2004 patrol (i.e. its the 2005 model plated late in 2004) and recently got the dash done under warranty here in Sydney no questions asked. They just punched something into the computer, said it was a listed defect and booked me straight in to get it sorted. Maybe try ringing around your nissan dealers and drop a few hints about how your looking for somewhere to get your vehicle regularly serviced. From what I can gather these guys can make it happen if they want to so all you might need to do is throw them some incentive, maybe even say you want a major service done as well if it is the right time etc.

Oh and welcome to the forum! I'm only very new here myself so glad to help if in any way I have.

xcape08
16th February 2012, 04:25 PM
i had my dash bubble as soon as it came out of warranty...i had a friend who worked at a Nissan Dealer he told me Nissan was doing a silent recall on dashes that bubbled,which means they will change the dash only if one complains. they are going back as far as patrols 6-8 yrs old. they did mine.
Push the point....good luck

Clunk
19th February 2012, 01:58 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard

Goodwood
20th February 2012, 08:58 AM
Gday and welcome to the forum i'm a newbie myself but looks like a friendly bunch in here.
Had 3 dashes replaced under warrenty on mine but haven't had to since it ran out of warrenty,good luck with it and keep us informed.

Finly Owner
4th March 2012, 01:32 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim

Rip'n'Shred
4th March 2012, 02:35 AM
Hi and welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

timbar
4th March 2012, 03:10 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Stropp
23rd March 2012, 10:51 AM
I just picked up a late 04 and took it to the local nissan dealer and they have put through a out of warranty request, they will supply the dash and i pay for labour about $495 they tell me. tried to tell him its been like it for quite some time but will wait and see, they tell me the pad retails for $1600??