PDA

View Full Version : blocking egr

tony78
12th February 2012, 02:58 PM
hey guys.im reading up on blocking the egr valve off and installing a dawes valve.ive got a zd30ddti.will this work for my engine without causing any more problems

YNOT
12th February 2012, 03:08 PM
Blocking the EGR may cause issues with over boosting, on some engines (talking ZD30 only) it does and others it doesn't. If you fit the dawes and needle valves first you will have full manual boost control and blocking the EGR won't be a problem. It's the same story fitting a bigger exhaust, may cause boost issues but no problem if you have dawes/needle valves. ZD30 is very sensitive to airflow changes.

Tony

tony78
12th February 2012, 03:15 PM
thanks tony.so you recommened i fit a dawes valve and needle valve first then block the egr off hey.i see everyone says to buy the dawes valve from 3barracing but where do i get the needle valve from and how much would i expect to pay

YNOT
12th February 2012, 04:02 PM
This is where I got my needle valve from; http://www.hydraulicsdirect.com.au/products.aspx?type=DV&cat=131

DV06 is the one you want.

Tony

tony78
12th February 2012, 04:17 PM
awesome cheers tony

nullack
18th February 2012, 02:17 PM
Hmmm Im not so sure about a simple valve for boost control. I dont know if this is applicable or not but on my rx7 I used an electronic boost controller that holds the wastegate tight and shut until it's needed unlike the simple valve which did let the the wastegate spill before it needed to, to some degree. Doesnt the chipit diesel module control boost? Wouldnt that be better than a simple dawes valve?