PDA

View Full Version : brakes on 85 patrol

jonny6guns
11th February 2012, 07:13 AM
can someone please tell me how to bleed brake master cylinder on my MQ

Bigrig
11th February 2012, 10:08 AM
Hey mate, no doubt someone will be able to assist, but how about slipping over to the introductions section and posting up some info about you and your rig. No harm done boss, but something we ask for prior to posting questions - lets people know who you are etc and you'll generally get a better start on things for answers being provided.

That said, welcome aboard and hope you hang around and enjoy the forum!!

jonny6guns
11th February 2012, 02:51 PM
just bled master cylinder,all 5 bleed points,new shoes,pads,calliper kits and master cylinder and still pedal goes to floor....im gettin a bit frustrated

the ferret
11th February 2012, 07:22 PM
Try bleeding the rear left, then the rear right, then front left and then front right in that order.
Then bleed the master cylinder again at the highest fitting or bleeder.
DONT push the pedal to the floor when bleeding, half way is far enough, keep the fluid topped up.
You can also do a gravity bleed by un doing the bleeders one at a time and letting it bleed under it's own pressure.
Always hold the pedal down until the bleeder is closed and don't pump it like a rabbit scratching flees.
Check that the front pads have moved out to the rotor, inside and out.
Adjust the rears right up unlil it's all bled and then back them off.
Cheers, the ferret.

daves
12th February 2012, 09:08 AM
Hi Jonny,
Dont know for sure but i think that when you bleed the master cylinder you loosen the point that you are bleeding from
then slowly push the brake peddle right down then tighten before you raise the brake peddle.Repeat this until you have
a peddle.

MQ MAD
12th February 2012, 10:38 AM
Bleeding the brake master, before you refit it, have you just replaced it with a newie , or rekitted it ???
Either way BEFORE you fit it , give the actuall master cylinder a pre bleed,or all the air in it will go into the brake lines and youll have all the excess air to push thru the lines
Pre breed is simple, full the master cylinder up and give the piston a few pumps, use whatever you have lying around,block the holes,(using fingers or such) could be grab a mate to do this, pump the piston a few times, then release pressure with fingers , but be carefull for fluid release(eyes , paint jobs ect), do this a few times
Thats it pre bred, then fit in all up , then pump the pedal and bleed lines from the furtherest point to the closest point

jonny6guns
12th February 2012, 05:57 PM
replaced it with brand new one,bled it on car.will take it off and redo it,also have been offered the use of a pressure bleeder if worse comes to worst

the ferret
12th February 2012, 06:26 PM
'Ya don't have to take it off to bleed it, it's just that it's better to bleed it on the bench first, but as it's now a new one and it's on, just take ya time and bleed the whole system, starting with the master cylinder.
Better if you have someone to push the pedal for you, and like I said before, dont pump the sh!t out of it, steady steady.
Cheers, the ferret.