PDA

View Full Version : This cant be a good find to 1 week before a big trip

patrol2.8
9th February 2012, 10:35 PM
pulled the radiator out to flush etc and near shite myself when i did luckily the radiator is in very good condition despite how it looks theres no leaks and its now cleaned and all the fins clear have included shots of the old and new thermostats as well as the thermostat housing was really impressed with how clean the cooling system was thermostat housing is the original one and shows no corrosion at all

Bigrig
9th February 2012, 10:42 PM
At least you're doing the right thing and checking/preparing mate - many don't, and wonder why it goes pear shaped on their trips!

Good find and hope the trip is a bottler!!

patrol2.8
9th February 2012, 11:02 PM
Thanks really looking forward to seeing my daughter up in port hedland your not wrong about trip prep no sooner do we get back I have to prepare car and camper for a trip through the flinders ranges work has told me I have to take leave as I have to much funny thing is there the reason I have to much they keep asking me to cancle or move them when I do put in for them last time we got away was 2007 been way to long

taslucas
9th February 2012, 11:03 PM
At least you're doing the right thing and checking/preparing mate - many don't, and wonder why it goes pear shaped on their trips!

Good find and hope the trip is a bottler!!

X2 mate. Better to find a week before the trip rather than a week into the trip!.
Always got a heap of mud filling the radiator when cruising, then dries, so always keeping it in mind.
Hope ya have a good trip:)

patrol2.8
13th February 2012, 08:43 PM
Yeah i will be watching out for mud from now on too didnt realise just how much of it sticks and thanks starting to get into holiday mode just gotta get through the next four days and im on 24hr call out for it

Xfactor
14th February 2012, 10:20 PM
Whats the highflow part number please.... good that every thing is in good nick tho

patrol2.8
15th February 2012, 11:40 PM
Xfactor high flow number is TT268-180 make is Tridon they are about $54.00 do you need the hose numbers ?

Cowboy
19th February 2012, 07:57 PM
Good that you checked...wow

I just had our radiator out, and flushed.
Hmmm, the damn thing was 80% blocked on the inside........clear on the outer
Can't figure how as coolant is done when listed for service and never any overheating issues.
the innads of ther motor are very good and clean, so pays to have it checked from time to time.
Specially when tuggin' a van of 2100kg behind it.

patrol2.8
5th March 2012, 12:58 PM
Cowboy glad you found yours early to mines fine travling @110with air con on only goes just over half when goinf up a hill in a temp of 38deg so very happy also as side note fully loaded with a rooftop tent have been using 16.5 ltrs per hundred ks

patrol2.8
17th March 2012, 11:07 PM
hey guys just got back today from a 4week run through th wa outback took a run up to visit the daughter in port hedland for her birthday the radiator held up perfectly and didnt even look like boiling even in extreme heat with the aircon on

Woof
17th March 2012, 11:41 PM
hey guys just got back today from a 4week run through th wa outback took a run up to visit the daughter in port hedland for her birthday the radiator held up perfectly and didnt even look like boiling even in extreme heat with the aircon on

Great news there mate.............so, photos...where are the photos..LOL

patrol2.8
18th March 2012, 11:42 PM
up loads keep failing will try again tomorrow

patrol2.8
27th March 2012, 01:31 PM
Some pics off my phone