PDA

View Full Version : Powerful 4X4 roofrack

Aben Dean
9th February 2012, 07:27 AM
i had planned to buy the Patrol roofrack from powerful 4x4 which had patrol laser cut on it but after calling them, i was told that its a small sized rack, what are the views on this Rack:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GQ-GU-Full-Length-HEAVY-DUTY-Roof-Rack-Cage-/250946336368?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6d913670

Anyone uses it??

Any reviews will be appreciated.

Airstrike
9th February 2012, 11:03 AM
it looks good and sturdy. the ad looks like a screen dump. Dont know if its someones elses. I prefer the 4 feet over the 3 any day. Get one a do a review :)

Aben Dean
9th February 2012, 03:04 PM
lol....it says sold 18......anyone here out of that 18??

ozzyboy
9th February 2012, 06:45 PM
they look identical to the one i got of mal.
Great looking rack, but the only advice i would give is to replace all bolts / washers with stainless.
I get small rust marks on the roof after any substantial rain.

ozz

Knorf
1st June 2012, 02:00 PM
I found their rack to be really heavy and a bit too ugly for my liking. Sold mine and got a track lander instead.

megatexture
1st June 2012, 08:41 PM
i have one and they are heavy but solid as a rock can easily take 2 spare tyres and 3 jerry cans fire wood an myself up there with no bending or signs of weakness the. bolts do rust and ive not swaped them to stainless and more then likely wont but for its price its a great bar and i would buy one of these again if i was to buy steel but i do think next time ill get an alloy rack.

megatexture
1st June 2012, 08:48 PM
oh and the racks that have the "patrol" laser cut in it arnt verry suitable for spotlight if you intend on putting them up there

grimace
1st June 2012, 09:00 PM
g'day knorf, just wunderin how much you payed for the tracklander? i bought one off ebay and got stung bigtime but we won't be going there......cheers...

big_fletch
2nd June 2012, 03:32 PM
I have one of these racks, definetly very solid and i would buy one again no worries

dutchy100
2nd June 2012, 04:45 PM
hi my name is dutchy new to the forum
bought one of these roofracks with four mounts each side yep solid as a rock stand or jump on it no movement

Knorf
12th June 2012, 11:47 AM
Grimace,

I was lucky enough to pick mine up second hand for $500, same as I sold my steel one for. I payed about 1k for my full length powerful4x4 rack including postage but should have got the track lander at about 1.5k straight up. Even minister for finance agreed the dollars would have been better spent on the expensive one which makes a pleasant change.

With less weight in the rack itself means I can carry a greater load on the roof and when unloaded chews less juice. Nothing at all wrong with the powerful rack I must say, just heavy and ugly.

grimace
12th June 2012, 09:28 PM
thanks man, i actually got a quote for around $1,700 for this sort of money i might as well buy the black widow for the same price. anyone out there got a black widow? are you happy with it?? please let me know fellas cheers....

Blacklotusdog
13th June 2012, 10:27 AM
Just to throw it out there as another option, i am planning on getting a windcheetah rack in the near future and through all my searching they look like a really good product. Especially like the sliding eyelet system and all the holders and accessories that are available for them.

http://www.dolium.com.au/view/pg?command=cman_view_webpage&webpage_id=9&pkey=dolium