PDA

View Full Version : newbee

RACH
7th February 2012, 04:53 PM
Hello everyone im new here basicly in need of sum help please....

I have a Nissan patrol gu 3ltr diesel 2000 blowen up i think, lost power, start'd running like a tractor blowing blue black diesel smoke. engine light had flahed on and off prior, still started but runs very rough un-driveable.

does anyone know what maybe the problem?? or even how much it would cost approx to get looked at ??

PLEASE as i need 2 get it fixed ....

Thanx Rach....

growler2058
7th February 2012, 05:06 PM
Gday Rach welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice, someone will be around soon to offer some advice

Maxhead
7th February 2012, 05:20 PM
Hey Rach, welcome to the forum.

Give us some more info if you can.

Does it idle?
Any knocking noise or any funny noises?
Any indication before this issue?

Doesnt sound that good though but could be a number of things.

Bigrig
7th February 2012, 05:26 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

Enjoy!!

Silver
7th February 2012, 05:29 PM
Welcome, Rach.

Can't help with your diesel issues.

RACH
7th February 2012, 06:51 PM
thanx every1

AB
7th February 2012, 07:27 PM
Hey Rach, welcome to the forum.

Give us some more info if you can.

Does it idle?
Any knocking noise or any funny noises?
Any indication before this issue?

Doesnt sound that good though but could be a number of things.

Welcome to the forum Rach, if you can answer NissPat's questions it may help us more.

Here is some more detailed information as well = http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?479-3.0lt-GU-Patrols-Grenade-Facts

Have you done all the simple checks first such as checking the air filter for any blockages, etc?

Dhuck
7th February 2012, 07:28 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

RACH
7th February 2012, 07:55 PM
yeah it did idle, and made knocking noises just lost power and hade no exceleration.

Bigrig
7th February 2012, 08:09 PM
yeah it did idle, and made knocking noises just lost power and hade no exceleration.

Hmmmm ... thrown a cylinder (or two)?

Need one of the techo lads to get their opinion on this one ... hang tight, no doubt they'll be on ...

RACH
7th February 2012, 08:11 PM
thanx mate.

YNOT
7th February 2012, 08:54 PM
It's difficult to say for sure without seeing and hearing your engine but by your description it does not sound good. Time to get it towed to a mechanic.

Tony

wildgu6
7th February 2012, 09:34 PM
G'day Rach' welcome aboard
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Unfortunately i agree with Tony, doesnt sound good if theres knocking noises and blue smoke.
Dont want to scare you but had a similar prob' with my 2.8 a couple years ago, oil light, knocking, loss of power but no blue smoke and cost me $7k for 2nd hand motor,
Got prices anywhere from 2k to 12k to rebuild, needed a quick fix so went 2nd hand.
Hopefully your prob' aint that bad, but wouldnt drive it until a good mech' has a squiz at it.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Clunk
8th February 2012, 12:42 AM
g'day Rach and welcome aboard................ hope the problem isn't too bad but it doesn't sound promising