PDA

View Full Version : Nissan patrol gu 3ltr diesel 2000 blowen up i think,

RACH
7th February 2012, 02:35 PM
lost power, start'd running like a tractor blowing blue black diesel smoke. engine light had flahed on and off prior, still started but runs very rough un-driveable.
does anyone know what maybe the problem??
PLEASE as i need 2 get it fixed ....
thanx Rach....

Timbo
7th February 2012, 02:46 PM
Hi Rach..

Sorry to hear that. Doesn't sound good but could be a number of things. I think you're best bet is to take it to a mechanic to get it checked out properly.

Head on over to the Introduction thread too.. would be good to introduce yourself to the forum!

patrol_maverick
9th February 2012, 05:26 PM
Sounds like it's just about finished. All the one's I've seen/ heard like that needed a rebuild. Then there's the one's that are towed in that are past the running rough/ blowing smoke stage ;)
I'd be getting a compression test done.

Haydog Havoc
11th February 2012, 11:27 AM
Could be a number of things, Could be a failed injector, could be airflow sensor, could be a rub through on the wiring to the injector pump or or even bad earths for the ecu etc or worse still it could be failed rings /piston etc
I would definately look at taking it to a reputable mechanic.
You could also look at checking for fault codes, as there should be one stored (after check engine light flashed on)
There is probably something on this forum that tells you how to get the codes out and what they are.
From memory you bridge pin 8 and pin 1 on the diagnostic connector for 5 sec (ignition on engine off) then remove it and take note of the flashes of the check engine light.
However please research this first as its been a long time since i have done this and am no longer sure.
Good Luck.

YNOT
11th February 2012, 12:06 PM
Could be a number of things, Could be a failed injector, could be airflow sensor, could be a rub through on the wiring to the injector pump or or even bad earths for the ecu etc or worse still it could be failed rings /piston etc
I would definately look at taking it to a reputable mechanic.
You could also look at checking for fault codes, as there should be one stored (after check engine light flashed on)
There is probably something on this forum that tells you how to get the codes out and what they are.From memory you bridge pin 8 and pin 1 on the diagnostic connector for 5 sec (ignition on engine off) then remove it and take note of the flashes of the check engine light.
However please research this first as its been a long time since i have done this and am no longer sure.
Good Luck.

Check here for how to read and erase fault codes; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?595-Reading-and-erasing-GU-Patrol-fault-codes&highlight=reading+erasing

Tony