PDA

View Full Version : G,day from me

Ghurkin
6th February 2012, 05:11 PM
G,day, I recently inherited my Dads 1993 Nissan patrol, It a 4.2 turbo diesel and although I know nuthin about off road driving Im loving the old girl on the road so far, am already looking for spots to go camping and got a few mates that will show me what to do on the dirt.

Its got duel batteries, snorkel, spotties, winch and a home made rack that winds a tinnie up on the roof and needs a bloody good clean.

Cheers Ghurkin

Sir Roofy
6th February 2012, 05:23 PM
welcome aboard mate lucky you scoring a top rig like that
enjoy your stay

Ghurkin
6th February 2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome roofy, this old bus was used by my parents who went up north alot, its been everywhere and has about 480,000 on it, Ive been told thats about half what I should expect if I change the oil and filters regularily? Its my first diesel so got no idea just yet.

Cheers Stevo

Maxhead
6th February 2012, 05:35 PM
G'Day Stevo, welcome to the forum mate. Nice setup

Ghurkin
6th February 2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks nisspat, I didnt get the tinne that goes on the roof, I did get my dads old markham whaler boat though and that needs fixin too.

Silver
6th February 2012, 05:45 PM
Welcome, Stevo!

If you mean the usual thing when you say you inherited the rig, then sorry for your loss.

What a lot of memories you will create with it now. The old bloke should be looing down, (or maybe up :-) ) with a smile seeing how pleased you are to have it.

Ghurkin
6th February 2012, 05:56 PM
Welcome, Stevo!

If you mean the usual thing when you say you inherited the rig, then sorry for your loss.

What a lot of memories you will create with it now. The old bloke should be looing down, (or maybe up :-) ) with a smile seeing how pleased you are to have it.

Dad passed away on jan the 2nd this year after a two year battle with prostate cancer, Id rather have him back any day than the fourby and the boat, I find myself talking to him sometimes when driving big bertha as my mum calls the patrol, still we go on dont we.

My 12 year old son and I are planning some big adventures and we cant wait to get out amongst it all.

Heres a pic of my Dad, I miss the old bastard, might go and have a beer.

Dhuck
6th February 2012, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

growler2058
6th February 2012, 08:24 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Bigrig
6th February 2012, 08:36 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

Sorry to hear about your father mate - I'm sure he's looking down happy as that you too are going to make good use of the rig!

Enjoy!!

Clunk
8th February 2012, 01:09 AM
g'day mate and welcome aboard, sorry to hear about your loss but as Bigrig has already said, sure your old man is happy as larry looking down knowing you'll enjoy the rig as much as he did.