PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

James.Belsyde
6th February 2012, 04:20 PM
Okay, so these are probably pretty standard questions coming from someone who knows very little about Patrols and/or 4x4 driving.
I've just bought a 91 model Patrol GQ ST and the steering wheel in it doesn't fit as there is a bit of play in it , which will make it difficult to steer accurately when towing. Are the steering wheels in a Pulsar or Silvia the same size as those in a Patrol?
Also, the truck has a 6 inch lift kit on it with extended leaf springs and shackles. If I were to remove them and sell them online what sort of money would I expect to get? Only removing them because the lift kit makes it difficult to tow horses which are an unstable load as it is.

Cheers,
James

rusty_nail
6th February 2012, 04:27 PM
no idea about the lift kit but as for the steering wheel, i just replaced my wheel, you need a boss kit, they arent too expensive being about 130 for a new wheel and a boss kit. very simple to replace too. have a look at by thread "giving the car a facelift" you will see i have a new steering wheel also.

taslucas
6th February 2012, 05:04 PM
Hi James, do you know what brand the springs and shackles are? And what sort of condition are they in? If you could post a photo or two maybe someone on here would be able to give you an estimate on price.

YNOT
6th February 2012, 08:54 PM
Okay, so these are probably pretty standard questions coming from someone who knows very little about Patrols and/or 4x4 driving.
I've just bought a 91 model Patrol GQ ST and the steering wheel in it doesn't fit as there is a bit of play in it , which will make it difficult to steer accurately when towing. Are the steering wheels in a Pulsar or Silvia the same size as those in a Patrol?
Also, the truck has a 6 inch lift kit on it with extended leaf springs and shackles. If I were to remove them and sell them online what sort of money would I expect to get? Only removing them because the lift kit makes it difficult to tow horses which are an unstable load as it is.

Cheers,
James

Are you sure the play is in the steering wheel and not further down in the steering box, drag link or tie rod? Pulsar/Skyline steering wheels are a bolt up fit but a bit smaller.

Tony