PDA

View Full Version : Teno's Troll

teno45
6th February 2012, 10:59 AM
Hey Guys,

Whilst I've been lurking in the background on the forum for a few weeks, I figured I'd best post up an introduction!

After Months of Research, weeks looking for the right Patrol, I finally picked it up from Canberra last Thursday! Brought it back home via the Brindabella's. Bought it off a Forum member for a pretty good price. details as below:

2008 3.0L CRD Turbo Inter-cooled Diesel,
~55000kms on the Clock
Alloy Bullbar
Snorkel
Tow bar
2in Lift (Dobinson Shocks and Kings Coils)
Maxis Bighorns
IPF HIDs
Provent Catch Can
GME UHF
ScanGauge
7" DVD Player with GPS Nav and Reverse Camera

So far Im pretty happy with it! Got a huge list of things I want to do to it, funds providing. First couple to start me off, just basic ones:
Store toilet paper (after being dangerously close to being caught short on thursday!)
Headlight and Bonnet protectors.
Floor Matts.

Next off once I sell my old car:
Steel Bullbar - Not sure on brand but I like the ARB Deluxe, just not a fan of the price.
Winch, once the new bar goes on.
Rear Wheel carrier.
Red Arc Battery Isolator.
Drawers for the boot.
Maybe a Roof Console.

Little about me: 23years old, Currently working as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer in Avionics for Regional Express. Living at home until I can afford to buy a place (might be a while now after this purchase). Girlfriend of 12months who isnt overly enthusiastic about camping /4wheel driving but comes along on the agreement I find her a toilet, and if its over two days, there has to be a shower handy.

Im looking at doing a lot of weekend trips around the area (Wagga, NSW) and hopefully in the next 18months Im looking at doing the Cape if we can get up there!

Cheers, Teno

Bigrig
6th February 2012, 11:04 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

Yep, got the roll of date paper in my essentials toolbox too mate!!!! lmao

Enjoy!!

wildgu6
6th February 2012, 11:04 AM
G'day Buddy welcome aboard
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.
hope you enjoy the new rig mate with no dramas

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

rusty_nail
6th February 2012, 11:05 AM
hey Teno,

first off, welcome to the forum mate, hope ya enjoy your stay here, and im sure you will find lots of useful info on the site.

are you down wagga way? im not far, im in griffith, and am down that way for work all the time (probs once a fortnight). my car is on stands atm, as im painting her up but i would be keen to go for a bash when i get her back on the road(which should only be another few weeks now fingers crossed).

anyway welcome again!

cheers

nic

growler2058
6th February 2012, 11:28 AM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Ramsi23
6th February 2012, 11:41 AM
Welcome aboard Teno. Enjoy the GU CRD. What a great way to break in your new Patrol. As for the gf, no doubt she'll come around eventually.

Maxhead
6th February 2012, 11:41 AM
Geez that Troll looks familiar! haha

Hope you enjoyed the Brindies mate. That truck could just about guide you on all those tracks with your eyes closed...LOL

Dhuck
6th February 2012, 11:47 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Sir Roofy
6th February 2012, 11:56 AM
Welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

plenty of options for the little lady
portable showers and toots available
and lots of long drops in the parks

AB
6th February 2012, 01:16 PM
Girlfriend of 12months who isnt overly enthusiastic about camping /4wheel driving but comes along on the agreement I find her a toilet, and if its over two days, there has to be a shower handy. Welcome to the forum mate, nice neat looking rig!

I am in the same boat mate and have finally "kind of" won her over and it makes her a little bit more excited to go camping.

I got a cheap camper which may be a long way off your list but do some basics to start off...

Need to make it easier for camping for her...

Coleman hot water on demand for hot water whenever and comes with the shower head for showers. Grab a cheapo toilet/shower tent too with EVA floor from bunnings.
If you can't afford one of them just get a big pot and a 12v pump/shower head and put it on the fire when needed.
The big bunnings tables
Get a toilet seat and make a frame for it and dig a massive hole with a shower/toilet tent so she doesn't have to walk 100m and dig a hole in the middle of the night....Check out my craptastic 2000...lol...-->http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8306-AB-s-new-craptastic-2000-Bush-Toilet&highlight=craptastic

teno45
7th February 2012, 08:47 PM
are you down wagga way? im not far, im in griffith, and am down that way for work all the time (probs once a fortnight). my car is on stands atm, as im painting her up but i would be keen to go for a bash when i get her back on the road(which should only be another few weeks now fingers crossed).

Yer mate, Wagga born and bred! Always keen to get out an about (when I get time off work!) Good luck with finishing the troll.

Geez that Troll looks familiar! haha

Hope you enjoyed the Brindies mate. That truck could just about guide you on all those tracks with your eyes closed...LOL
It should look familiar! and pretty much did lead us through the Brindies! got lost once or twice, but that just adds to the enjoyment!

Get a toilet seat and make a frame for it and dig a massive hole with a shower/toilet tent so she doesn't have to walk 100m and dig a hole in the middle of the night....Check out my craptastic 2000...lol...-->http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8306-AB-s-new-craptastic-2000-Bush-Toilet&highlight=craptastic

A Mate has what must be the Craptastic 1000, plus the shower-tent, and surprisingly enough the mrs loved it! Might just have to build one...

Clunk
8th February 2012, 12:57 AM
g'day Teno and welcome aboard mate.............. you can never have too much bog roll on board, you never know when you'' get caught short, I myself never keep any less than 2!!!!! lmao