PDA

View Full Version : Trolhunter

Trolhunter
6th February 2012, 07:52 AM
Dear forum members I'm from Cape Town South Africa we are a family of active travelers into Africa and my dad often travels to Namibia. I just bought a Patrol TD42 with 350,000 k's on the clock. We own a well equipped workshop so we can fix everything ourselves. It is a hobby workshop but we have our own lift and all the tools you can dream of. My dad does not do drugs but he does do tools. So the high k's does not really phase us. The Patrol is in original condition with the engine never been touched except for a new alternator. We are new to the Patrols and any advice will be appreciated. We are serious preventative maintainers, so known issues at these k's we can then deal with. I have a good all-round knowledge on diesels and engines and gearboxes and diffs. Aim to let this vehicle see 700,000 at least.

Regards

Trolhunter

Dhuck
6th February 2012, 08:04 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
6th February 2012, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, beautiful place in Capetown!

I wouldn't stress too much about the km's. Look after her, regular quality oil and filter changes and you should see plenty more km's left.

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Bigrig
6th February 2012, 08:08 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

Enjoy!!

growler2058
6th February 2012, 08:22 AM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice. Td42 350k is still a youngish motor mate as long as it has had a regular servicing and ya keep it up youll get anothe 350k outa it

Sir Roofy
6th February 2012, 08:54 AM
welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

wildgu6
6th February 2012, 09:36 AM
G'day Buddy, welcome aboard
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Maxhead
6th February 2012, 09:47 AM
G'Day Trolhunter, welcome to the forum

Clunk
8th February 2012, 01:11 AM
g'day Trolhunter and welcome aboard mate

joelogozzo
9th February 2012, 12:31 PM
G'day and welcome mate.