PDA

View Full Version : New member from Norway

HitMix
5th February 2012, 09:48 PM
Hello everyone!

Yesterday i picked up my first Patrol. It is a 1998 model (Y61) (is it called GU in Australia?)
As this is my first patrol, i dont have much experience with them from before, and hope that you on this forum can help me with some issues i wonder about.

I registered here because it is not many norwegian forums with this kind of expertise :)

My patrol is completely original and in good condition. The only thing done to it so far is a bull bar(?)
and a chip. (Its a 2.8TD-6 by the way)

My plans are a roof rack with worklights backwards so far.

I am gong to make a question-thread in the electrical-part of the forum, but may as well post it here as well:

In my patrol there is just ordinary 1-DIN cd-player, but i am going to mount a rear view camera, and want a 2-din player with a screen for that. I have seen someplace on the internet that a similar patrol had a 2-din frame, and wonder if anyone know where i can get such a frame?

Looking forward to any answers you guys might have :)

Here is a pic of my Patrol :)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, please have some patience and correct me if i am wrong :)

Bigrig
5th February 2012, 09:56 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

Enjoy!!

growler2058
5th February 2012, 09:57 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice, the english is fine, wait till ya try reading some of our posts after a few beers hahhahaha

Silver
5th February 2012, 10:10 PM
Welcome, HitMix!

What kind of driving is available in Norway?

Rick

Dhuck
5th February 2012, 10:15 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

HitMix
5th February 2012, 10:50 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

Enjoy!!

Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice, the english is fine, wait till ya try reading some of our posts after a few beers hahhahaha

Welcome to the forum mate.

Thank you guys! :)

Welcome, HitMix!

What kind of driving is available in Norway?
Rick

Thank you, I am not exactly sure what you mean? There is some offroad trails around, but sadly not many around where i live. But i live on the country, so there is plenty of tractor roads and sand/rock mines around to drive in. In the winter there is of course alot of snow to :)

Silver
5th February 2012, 10:55 PM
Thank you guys! :)

Thank you, I am not exactly sure what you mean? There is some offroad trails around, but sadly not many around where i live. But i live on the country, so there is plenty of tractor roads and sand/rock mines around to drive in. In the winter there is of course alot of snow to :)

thanks HitMix. Exactly the detail I was looking for.

I have no real idea about Norway, except that parts of it I have seen on TV and movies are beautiful, and it gets cold.

Clunk
5th February 2012, 10:59 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard, some beautiful country side you have over there, would love to see some photos if your able to post them up................ oh and your English is great mate, far better than my Norwegian!!!!!! hahahahahaha

HitMix
5th February 2012, 11:00 PM
thanks HitMix. Exactly the detail I was looking for.

I have no real idea about Norway, except that parts of it I have seen on TV and movies are beautiful, and it gets cold.

You are right about that, it is very beutiful, and very cold too :p now it is about average temperature (14-15 C below) Last year at this time it was around 20-25 below..

HitMix
5th February 2012, 11:19 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard, some beautiful country side you have over there, would love to see some photos if your able to post them up................ oh and your English is great mate, far better than my Norwegian!!!!!! hahahahahaha
You have a good point there ;)

Some pictures:

Summer:

Winter:

Snowmobile hobby:

Work:

I work as a telecommunication technician, climbing poles and finding faults in the telephone-wires :)

Clunk
5th February 2012, 11:21 PM
yep there we go, like I said absolutely stunning countryside................. my cousin lives in Norway but unfortunately I don't remember which part.

too cold for me up on the poles!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

HitMix
5th February 2012, 11:25 PM
yep there we go, like I said absolutely stunning countryside................. my cousin lives in Norway but unfortunately I don't remember which part.

too cold for me up on the poles!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

On the poles hahahaha :p

AB
6th February 2012, 07:56 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, great pictures!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

taslucas
6th February 2012, 08:30 AM
Gday mate, welcome to the forum. Beautiful pictures. I would love to visit one day

Sir Roofy
6th February 2012, 09:00 AM
welcome aboard mate great pics thanks for sharing
enjoy yor stay

Maxhead
6th February 2012, 09:49 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

HitMix
6th February 2012, 10:35 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, great pictures!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Gday mate, welcome to the forum. Beautiful pictures. I would love to visit one day

welcome aboard mate great pics thanks for sharing
enjoy yor stay

G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Thank you guys, much appreciated :D

wildgu6
7th February 2012, 09:14 PM
G'day Buddy, missed your intro, so a belated welcome aboard
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete