PDA

View Full Version : Good spots for yabbies

voodoorick
5th February 2012, 10:21 AM
Gday to all,
i'm after some locations to take the kids to catch some yabbies that are reasonably close to Adelaide, i'm sick off them sitting in front of the playstation so i figure a trip to the great outdoors is whats needed to prove there is more to life than computer games. great in theory but not having grown up in SA i have no idea where to go. so any help would be great.
cheers
voodoorick:feedback:

Sir Roofy
5th February 2012, 10:30 AM
gday to all,
i'm after some locations to take the kids to catch some yabbies that are reasonably close to adelaide, i'm sick off them sitting in front of the playstation so i figure a trip to the great outdoors is whats needed to prove there is more to life than computer games. Great in theory but not having grown up in sa i have no idea where to go. So any help would be great.
Cheers
voodoorick:feedback:

sorry cant help with locations ,but what agreat idea

enjoy your day out with the kids

rockndot
5th February 2012, 10:39 AM
Well with all the floods that happend down vic border sa border,
head thatway and find some bigger lakes or backwaters of the Murray river
google the map and look for water ,
I am traveling(fly) to melb next week and will be head to the wimmera mallee area , and Yabbying will definitly on the agenda
Grew up in the mallee, love going back.
Good luck with your trip,
will also give the kids something to tell there mates and there kids one day.

wildgu6
5th February 2012, 11:39 AM
Hey buddy, last feed of yab's I got was the back of lake Bonney at Barmera. Didn't bag out but still a nice snack. Should be some good spots around Blanchtown or here's a good one, not too sure but you could mix the day up with some wheelin too at (Loveday 4x4 adventure park, specs lake should have a few or down at the river at the camping area.) great idea though to get the kids away from those glue boxes,
Enjoy

my third 256
6th February 2012, 09:16 AM
try the irrigation ditches at murray bridge on the left hand side before you go over bridge