PDA

View Full Version : Gu 8 ?

gowalkabout.com.au
2nd February 2012, 06:51 PM
Looks like i am about to jump out of the land rover camp into the nissan camp and buy a new
2012 st. having driven a few GU's am thinking it is going to be a welcomed change :smile: . my only concern atm is i have heard that there may be some issues with fitting a lift kit to the new GU8 because of the VDC. can any of you that are in the know tell me if this is right or not?

Thanks

growler2058
2nd February 2012, 07:24 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice.

Mods can ya move our newest member to the intro cheers

wildgu6
2nd February 2012, 07:53 PM
G'day Buddy welcome aboard
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

gowalkabout.com.au
2nd February 2012, 08:32 PM
thanks for the welcome. i have now posted in the intro section. this post was ment more for the question on the lift kit. but if the post is in the wrong area could you please point me to the right area.
thanks

YNOT
2nd February 2012, 08:54 PM
Modifying vehicles with stabillity control can be done but opens up a bit of a legal and insurance minefield. Manufactures put a lot of effort into getting their stabillity programs spot on, even small changes to the vehicle (tyres, suspension etc) can have a major affect on vehicle behavior.

Tony

Rip'n'Shred
2nd February 2012, 08:58 PM
Looks like i am about to jump out of the land rover camp into the nissan camp and buy a new
2012 st. having driven a few GU's am thinking it is going to be a welcomed change :smile: . my only concern atm is i have heard that there may be some issues with fitting a lift kit to the new GU8 because of the VDC. can any of you that are in the know tell me if this is right or not?

Thanks

Wow, interesting. I am looking at buying one also on the next couple of months.

Maxhead
3rd February 2012, 06:38 AM
Hmmm, interestin. I've been speaking to a fair few 4x4 shops re GU8 and accessories inc lift. No mention of any issues but they probably didn't know about stability control......

Do you know what the issues are? Personally I can see any problems.

Rip'n'Shred
3rd February 2012, 01:53 PM
Went to local nisan dealer and asked the salesmen. Got lots of blank looks and told they haven't been told that from nissan. I wouldn't take that as gospel though, they are pretty lack lustre. They did say the 2012 would'nt be out till march or april.

Maxhead
3rd February 2012, 01:57 PM
They did say the 2012 would'nt be out till march or april.

I would find a different dealer mate, mine arrives late next week,.....LOLOL

Don't you love when they feed you full of crap, but then again most car salesman are like that..Hahah no offence to any car sales people on here!

Rip'n'Shred
3rd February 2012, 02:37 PM
Lol, have thought that many times. Have you checked with your dealer if they know about the VDC?

gowalkabout.com.au
3rd February 2012, 02:54 PM
Spoke to the dealer here in Hobart who said they are sitting in a holding yard in Victoria and would only be about a 1 to2 week wait on delivery. He did say that Nissan was trying to hold them till the start of this month so they could try to clear the 7 series.
As for the dealer knowing about VDC all I got was blank looks and then one said that they think the navara has the same setup and they haven't heard of any problems. I also just spoke to arb and they said as long as you correct the cambers it shouldn't be an issue.

Maxhead
3rd February 2012, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I just spoke to local TJM and the guy here rang TJM themselves and checked, the word was there shouldn't be any dramas....famous last words..LOLOL

There should be a bit of stock around currently and there is more on the ship heading this way. Nissan released a bulletin in October(i think) advising their dealers of the changes in the GU8 and the release date which was Feb.

teleman
3rd February 2012, 07:20 PM
Great to have converted another. :)

BenB
22nd February 2012, 08:56 PM
Hi there, Has there been any update in your quest for a GU8. I have just made the jump from a Disco 2 to a GU7 and am pretty happy, just missing the ACE. Other than that Im as proud as punch! Was freaked out byanother friend with a Disco 3 which was an electronic nightmare.