PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Giddyarp
1st February 2012, 10:33 PM
Hi there all !!!!!

New member here and have recently moved to Cairns from WA..... Looking forward to my first cape york trip in June and getting to sample some of the local tracks !!!!

My name is Dane and my rig is a Metallic Grey 1992 4.2 diesel Patrol that I bought stock as a rock two years ago and have been pretty busy with since I have had it...

Mod list so far:
Safari Turbo (rebuilt fuel pump and injectors at same time)
Safari Snorkel
2" OME lift
285/75 Cooper ST Maxx tyres on GQ TI rims (Just put em on used to run 33" Maxxis bighorns)
Home made drawers (Very proffesional looking and very proud of em !!!!!!!)
Half cargo barrier
UHF and stereo
ARB Winch bar and side rails/steps
Roof top tent
Side and rear awnings
Air compressor under passenger seat
VY Commodore seats (Wish I hadnt done this mod now though !!!!!)
Upgraded rear seats so I could have headrests
CRAB Bar for my little fellas car seat
Safari Tuff clutch
90 amp alternator
Dual batteries
Twin bonnet scoops (For looks more than anything) :)

Mods to come soon !!!!!!

Intercooler
Front auto locker
Extended breathers

Since owning the old girl we have toured a bit of WA and a few Nullarbor Perth to Brissy runs.......

Looking forward to getting to know some of you on here !!!!!!

Clunk
1st February 2012, 10:41 PM
g'day mate and welcome mate, would love to see some happy snaps of your rig if you're able.........

Giddyarp
1st February 2012, 10:43 PM
Hi Clunk will put some pics up in the next day or so !!!!

Clunk
1st February 2012, 10:47 PM
no worries squire, just dont take to long as people round here can get a little antsey if they dont get their piccy fix!!!! hahahaha

Silver
1st February 2012, 10:51 PM
Welcome, Gidyarp!

Interested to know what you put in the second row seats to get a head rests, and any tips or tricks you learned. I have an 89 Mav wagon and the cargo barrier looks like it would win a head butting competition

Giddyarp
1st February 2012, 10:58 PM
no worries squire, just dont take to long as people round here can get a little antsey if they dont get their piccy fix!!!! hahahaha

This is an older pic !!! The stickers and pinstriping are gone !!!! Now has bonnet scoops and TI rims as well :)

Bigrig
1st February 2012, 10:59 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

Awesome setup mate!!!

Enjoy!!

Giddyarp
1st February 2012, 11:03 PM
Hi silver,

I got a set of middle row seats out of a higher spec model that had headrests fitted to em !!!! If you cant find any of them around I have seen guys permantly fix a headrest setup directly to the cargo barrier...

Dhuck
1st February 2012, 11:10 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

timbar
2nd February 2012, 01:19 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Woof
2nd February 2012, 01:31 AM
Hey Dane, welcome mate, long time no see, how is QLD treating you.....great to see you here

wildgu6
2nd February 2012, 06:50 AM
G'day Buddy welcome aboard
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

growler2058
2nd February 2012, 07:03 AM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Maxhead
2nd February 2012, 07:41 AM
G'Day Dane, welcome to the forum mate.

AB
2nd February 2012, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Giddyarp
2nd February 2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks all for the warm welcome.... Hi there dog man was a flat out year last year.... Was last minute sent to the middle east and spent 6 months up there so never got to say goodbye to the western patrol club before I left.... Qld has been great so far mate and am looking for a new club up here....

Woof
3rd February 2012, 01:10 AM
Thanks all for the warm welcome.... Hi there dog man was a flat out year last year.... Was last minute sent to the middle east and spent 6 months up there so never got to say goodbye to the western patrol club before I left.... Qld has been great so far mate and am looking for a new club up here....

All good mate, will pass this on to the club.
Where is Drew these days, has he moved over East as well?

Giddyarp
4th February 2012, 07:30 PM
Gogman,

Yeah Drew is back over here as well now and is working for the shell distribution plant in Brissy !!!! His truck is still as impressive as ever and has had a locker and a few other bits and pieces added since leaving WA.

antiskeptic
5th February 2012, 06:15 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. - Pretty mean set up there mate

xerat
18th July 2012, 09:59 AM
Hi mate welcome to the forums

Finly Owner
19th July 2012, 10:56 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim