PDA

View Full Version : What do people think of TJM gear

Maxhead
1st February 2012, 08:33 PM
Never had a bit of their gear on me truck. So I'm thinking what's it like???

Any input would be great?
Bullbar
Lights
sidesteps
winch
locker
suspension
etc

Bigrig
1st February 2012, 08:36 PM
Locker - better than ARB's

Dunno on the rest! lol

Maxhead
1st February 2012, 08:52 PM
Yeah I have heard good things about them as well

growler2058
1st February 2012, 08:56 PM
Wifeys prado has tjm xgs gold 2"lift and were happy as pigs in poop with it.
Im over the other 3 letter big name brand because of poor customer service after sales service overpriced inaccurate sh1t AHHHH rant over.............but ill never buy from them again now im finished hahahahaha TJM all the way for us

Edit: Of the big names that is. Its still custom for the Troll

Maxhead
1st February 2012, 09:17 PM
Wifeys prado has tjm xgs gold 2"lift and were happy as pigs in poop with it.
Im over the other 3 letter big name brand because of poor customer service after sales service overpriced inaccurate sh1t AHHHH rant over.............but ill never buy from them again now im finished hahahahaha TJM all the way for us

Edit: Of the big names that is. Its still custom for the Troll

Hey mate , I have been noticing the same. You ring ARB direct and they quote you retail prices and think they will get your business. You ask them for a discount and they tell you to get fuc(*d
Well, I have rang around and will save some $$$

Vl-nitron
1st February 2012, 09:49 PM
i have a lot of tjm recovery gear and i think it is good quality stuff for a very reasonable price and our local tjm dealer is happy to knock a bit off the price

wildgu6
1st February 2012, 10:18 PM
TJM for me to Kris, winch bar is tuff as nails and looks great too. Have slammed a couple of good sized trees and nose dived into a couple of ditches and like I said tuff stuff, saved the Trol from serious injury a few times. TJM rocks

GBrowne
2nd February 2012, 06:30 AM
I have used TJM bars, suspension etc on a few vehicles and they are good. I think that choosing between top suppliers its a matter of choice between what products you like (obviously if all are within budget). Unfortunately for bank balance i'm now getting into customised stuff *sigh*

growler2058
2nd February 2012, 07:06 AM
Hey mate , I have been noticing the same. You ring ARB direct and they quote you retail prices and think they will get your business. You ask them for a discount and they tell you to get fuc(*d
Well, I have rang around and will save some $$$

Im just over em talkin AT me as if i have NFI, espesially when half of em are snotty nosed pimply faced twats hahahhahaha.

Bigrig
2nd February 2012, 08:17 AM
Im just over em talkin AT me as if i have NFI, espesially when half of em are snotty nosed pimply faced twats hahahhahaha.

Tell us how you feel about the sales experience with them though??!!! you are still 'just' referring to major 4wd outlets aren't you???

Lmfao!!!!!

growler2058
2nd February 2012, 08:25 AM
Just 1 that starts with A and ends with B

TJM however have been friendly and a joy to spend my hard earned with.

Bigrig
2nd February 2012, 08:31 AM
Just 1 that starts with A and ends with B

TJM however have been friendly and a joy to spend my hard earned with.

A joy?? You are easily pleased aren't you??!! lmao

I find nothing joyful about spending my hard earned unless the end result is an amber ale being passed to me over the bar!!!! lol

growler2058
2nd February 2012, 08:52 AM
A joy?? You are easily pleased aren't you??!! lmao

I find nothing joyful about spending my hard earned unless the end result is an amber ale being passed to me over the bar!!!! lol

Wouldnt know im on a diet and dont drink such baaaaaaaaaad fluids hahahahahhahahahahahahahhaha;-)

97_gq_lwb
2nd February 2012, 01:08 PM
I have an old tjm winch bar it's well made and secures to the gq chassis with about 10 bolts.

BigMav
2nd February 2012, 06:29 PM
One thing sticks in my mind when I visited an ARB dealer to get a quote on suspension for my Navara. This young guy was telling me I had to buy a steering dampner. But it doesn't have one I say to him. Yes it definitely has one he says again, no it doesn't I repeat. This went on for a bit until I finally dragged him out of the shop and pointed underneath my car and said where is it then dickhead? He then had a blank look on his face and I jumped in my car and drove off. Nice one champ.

taslucas
2nd February 2012, 06:47 PM
the only tjm thing i have is a snatchy, which i havent used yet. But i have seen a lot reviews that rate tjm highly (albeit very biased from something something action mag).

Boofa
21st March 2012, 09:51 PM
i bought a uhf from them st rd adelaide, top blokes dunn much about there other products though

97_gq_lwb
21st March 2012, 10:07 PM
I have a very old tjm bar on the front of mine seems to be very well made they definitely went over the top with the amount of bolts securing it to the chassis.