PDA

View Full Version : Members getting logged out

AB
30th January 2012, 09:05 PM
I have had a couple of new members email me saying that they log in and when they go to reply or put up a post they automatically get logged out.

I remember some of us chatted about this last year and I think we worked out that cookies were the cause of it maybe?

Does anyone remember that convo we had...lol

Does anyone remember what the solution was?

Was it their browsers, internet settings, cookies or security, etc????

Bigrig
30th January 2012, 09:08 PM
I get that, but only on tapatalk

YNOT
30th January 2012, 09:09 PM
I am having a problem at the moment with my "eagle" thread, when I try to "reply with quote" it keeps coming up with the multiquote from earlier. I think it's probably a problem with the cookies again.

Tony

wildgu6
30th January 2012, 10:16 PM
I am having a problem at the moment with my "eagle" thread, when I try to "reply with quote" it keeps coming up with the multiquote from earlier. I think it's probably a problem with the cookies again.

Tony

Tony Had this prob' running vista and had to uncheck the quoted post/s to stop it. Now running win7 and Pauly gave the lappy a look over and prob's gone.
Sorry Andy, remember the conv' but cant remember where or what the cure was, Inet Settings rings a bell, but havent changed mine & still happens to me now and then.

BillsGU
30th January 2012, 10:23 PM
Andy - I run a forum and of late we have had a lot of problems with Internet Exploder. I have encouraged those with problems to use Fire Fox as their browser - and all their problems go away. Fire Fox is much more stable, has less bugs and is FREE.

Clunk
30th January 2012, 10:27 PM
No problems for me using Chrome or crappatappa..... which makes a pleasant change lol

wildgu6
31st January 2012, 07:07 AM
Andy - I run a forum and of late we have had a lot of problems with Internet Exploder. I have encouraged those with problems to use Fire Fox as their browser - and all their problems go away. Fire Fox is much more stable, has less bugs and is FREE.

Hi Bill, I use firefox as well but still have the prob'. Think it's in the settings which I haven't looked at, Could also be the type of service using, I'm using a pre paid wi fi modem,

taslucas
31st January 2012, 07:57 AM
I use Firefox or tappa and both work fine. Every now and then when on Firefox if I take too long to type a reply then I get logged out but this is very rare.

growler2058
31st January 2012, 08:05 AM
Yeah I have trouble getting a log out if I eat too much cheese hahahahahaha ooopss wrong log out

taslucas
31st January 2012, 08:32 AM
Yeah I have trouble getting a log out if I eat too much cheese hahahahahaha ooopss wrong log out

In your case it must be easier to log out than log in!

growler2058
31st January 2012, 08:51 AM
In your case it must be easier to log out than log in!

:hijacked: Better an empty house than a bad tennant hahahahahahahaha :hijacked:

my third 256
31st January 2012, 08:51 AM
im having problems unsubscribing fron a thead
when i click on unsubscribe it tells me there is an
error reading that post

wildgu6
31st January 2012, 09:43 AM

You idiot...ROFPML
A bit of good Indian will help you log out

growler2058
31st January 2012, 10:43 AM
You idiot...ROFPML
A bit of good Indian will help you log out

I try :-) hahaha

wildgu6
31st January 2012, 11:34 AM
I try :-) hahaha

Your a classic Gman.....you bring tears to my eyes...hahahaha

growler2058
31st January 2012, 11:50 AM
So youve been near me when ive had a logout then AHHH hahahahahahahaha

wildgu6
31st January 2012, 12:16 PM
So youve been near me when ive had a logout then AHHH hahahahahahahaha

Got nothing for that one apart from....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BillsGU
31st January 2012, 04:02 PM
Hi Bill, I use firefox as well but still have the prob'. Think it's in the settings which I haven't looked at, Could also be the type of service using, I'm using a pre paid wi fi modem,

OK - thanks Wild. Good to know.