PDA

View Full Version : holiday

daves
29th January 2012, 08:14 PM
Hi,
we just spent a week over on morton island cruising around in our 2003 LWB Patrol,
Had a ball it was my first time at driving on sand and loved it We are normally driving
dirt(mud) tracks in national parks and state forests on the north coast area.

Get out there and explore.

Love my nissan

Bigrig
29th January 2012, 08:20 PM
It's a beautiful place no doubt mate!!

Any happy snaps??

daves
29th January 2012, 08:37 PM
Yeh just need to put them on my computer and work out how to put photos up as I am new to the site,
is there a way of keeping track of the threads that I post or do I have to remember where i posted them.

Bigrig
29th January 2012, 08:41 PM
You can view your listed threads through your personal information/setup page mate.

daves
29th January 2012, 08:45 PM
thanks heaps buddy

wildgu6
30th January 2012, 07:04 PM
Hi,
we just spent a week over on morton island cruising around in our 2003 LWB Patrol,
Had a ball it was my first time at driving on sand and loved it We are normally driving
dirt(mud) tracks in national parks and state forests on the north coast area.

Get out there and explore.

Love my nissan

Good stuff Dave, Piccys mate we love piccies. Hope you had a ball.
Last member to go to Moreton Is ran into a bit of missfortune. tou can read his story here.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8399-ROLLED-GU-!-the-full-story-with-pics-amp-video

daves
31st January 2012, 10:29 PM
No way sorry to see that happen to a fellow nissan driver,my heart goes out to 04off,
glad we didnt run into that,
Tried to put some pics on dont know if it worked,I have heaps more if the other ones work
I will put more up soon

Maxhead
1st February 2012, 05:36 AM
Sounds like a great week of paradise mate.

Pics, pics and more pics...LOL.

Try this : http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?667-How-To-Ask-a-Question-or-How-To-Upload-Photos.

Sir Roofy
1st February 2012, 07:43 AM
Welcome aboard mate

daves
1st February 2012, 08:55 PM
I have finally put up some pics or I hope so cause i was trying to make an album but no success so i hope this works

daves
1st February 2012, 10:09 PM
The kids love going over there I think they would sleep in the water if they were allowed.

Clunk
1st February 2012, 10:16 PM
nice work Dave, great snaps mate

daves
1st February 2012, 10:18 PM
Cheers clunk71

Silver
1st February 2012, 11:25 PM
thanks daves. Is it possible to buy fuel on Moreton now?

Bigrig
2nd February 2012, 08:22 AM
thanks daves. Is it possible to buy fuel on Moreton now?

Only in 20 litre drums from the shop ... apparently ...

Silver
2nd February 2012, 11:48 AM
thanks BigRig, that was the last update I had too, was hoping it had changed

04OFF
2nd February 2012, 01:35 PM
daves, that second last pic (@ tangalooma) was just near where we stayed, that young guy in the pic was doing martial arts practice outside our place almost every day, your pic must have been taken about friday afternoon id say ?

Is it possible to buy fuel on Moreton now?

Fuel (unleaded) was sold at Castaways at Bulwer, i think it was $60 for 20L (in a returnable plastic jerry)

Corona's were $120 a carton :eek:, the shop had heaps of stuff, and apart from fuel & beer, i actually thought everything else was very well priced, concidering the location.

Tangalooma is a different story, you need a tub of vasso to shop there, $8.00 for one bag of ice (smaller than a servo bag too) $7.00 glass of tap beer.

The Quad Bikes were unreal fun tho :thumbup:

daves
3rd February 2012, 04:43 PM
We stayed in V41 from the 16th to the 23rd of jan.Very good it was friday arvo wish i had been speaking to you all a bit earlier then we might
of had another 4by to cruise around with.Yeh some of the prices nearly gave me a heart attack but we took heaps of
our own stuff,We had enough fuel after filling both tanks so i didnt have to purchase any of that over priced fuel and
took plenty of my own beer as we havnt won lotto yet and i get thirsty a fair bit.

Bigrig
3rd February 2012, 04:47 PM
We stayed in V41 from the 16th to the 23rd of jan.Very good it was friday arvo wish i had been speaking to you all a bit earlier then we might
of had another 4by to cruise around with.Yeh some of the prices nearly gave me a heart attack but we took heaps of
our own stuff,We had enough fuel after filling both tanks so i didnt have to purchase any of that over priced fuel and
took plenty of my own beer as we havnt won lotto yet and i get thirsty a fair bit.

Wouldn't mind getting back over there myself - been about 4-5 months and I simply love the place ... we always brace ourselves for the pricing onslaught, but as you say, the "vitals" (beer and petrol) are easily sorted prior to getting on the island!!! lol

daves
3rd February 2012, 05:11 PM
Yeh its a cool place it was our second time over there and we will go again for sure.
Remember to keep the fluids up.They say to drink lots of water(there is plenty of water in beer)hahaha

04OFF
4th February 2012, 09:06 AM

We were V35 (14-21st, + the unexpected night at Kooringal) we most likley saw each other without knowing.

Having a 4.5L , i soon learnt to take extra fuel on holiday anyway, and as we had been to Moreton before as well, we knew we had to bring "everything" :smile:

Next time we should let each other know when we are planning to go, we will most likley be staying up toward Bulwer next time tho.

Bigrig
4th February 2012, 10:20 AM
We were V35 (14-21st, + the unexpected night at Kooringal) we most likley saw each other without knowing.

Having a 4.5L , i soon learnt to take extra fuel on holiday anyway, and as we had been to Moreton before as well, we knew we had to bring "everything" :smile:

Next time we should let each other know when we are planning to go, we will most likley be staying up toward Bulwer next time tho.

I'd be up for that if the invitation is open boss - love Moreton!!

daves
4th February 2012, 11:14 AM
sounds good the more the merrier,yeh we were going to stay out in one of the towns next time to,I think we would be looking at going
again around august but nothing planned yet,I will let you all know when we organise anything,let me know if have any time frames for
when you might be going back over.