PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your Patrol today!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Stropp
16th July 2013, 04:30 PM
received the new 3" mono shocks, need to try to get them on prior to next week for the dwelly meetup :)

threedogs
16th July 2013, 05:07 PM
in rehab after a day of tampering yesterday fitting the snorkel,
Poor Nev the Nissan

mudnut
16th July 2013, 06:26 PM
I shoulda stayed in bed and left the Old Trol alone. After opening the radiator cap, I was, thinking that the coolant is looking a bit brownish-grey. Supposed to be good for three years or 100000Ks, not 2 years and 6700ks, as it happens. I got a huge plastic tub, and shoved it under the radiator drain, then undid the tap... a mouse dying of thirst could've got a better stream. Placed another tub under the engine drain. Cracked the plug, and undid it slowly. When it popped out, I was drowned in a ruddy gush, and found the bittering agent wasn't quite to my taste. I don't think a drop went into the tub! Used an old mop to clean up the stinking mess. When I went to pour that into the first tub, now in the shed, the plastic split. The muddy goop splashed all over my legs ran into my sneakers and proceeded to swamp the shed. I have filled the system with fresh water to flush it out, for a few days. Oh the joys of doing ones own maintenance.

:1087:

TPC
16th July 2013, 06:34 PM
I shoulda stayed in bed and left the Old Trol alone. After opening the radiator cap, I was, thinking that the coolant is looking a bit brownish-grey. Supposed to be good for three years or 100000Ks, not 2 years and 6700ks, as it happens. I got a huge plastic tub, and shoved it under the radiator drain, then undid the tap... a mouse dying of thirst could've got a better stream. Placed another tub under the engine drain. Cracked the plug, and undid it slowly. When it popped out, I was drowned in a ruddy gush, and found the bittering agent wasn't quite to my taste. I don't think a drop went into the tub! Used an old mop to clean up the stinking mess. When I went to pour that into the first tub, now in the shed, the plastic split. The muddy goop splashed all over my legs run into my sneakers and proceeded to swamp the shed. I have filled the system with fresh water to flush it out, for a few days. Oh the joys of doing ones own maintenance.

:1087:

Damn pity you didn't get a video of that, I love laughing at other people having issues like that.

threedogs
16th July 2013, 06:40 PM
X 2, I'd pay to laugh at others misfortune, lol
reminds me of fish on the simpsons with all the eyes

BigRAWesty
16th July 2013, 07:11 PM
Got my diff lamination kit today. Woo hoo...

mudnut
16th July 2013, 08:04 PM
Cool. Laminating the underside of the front diff is a mod I would like to do. It would also shield the tie rod a bit. What wall thickness is the steel, and can you weld it up in situ?

BigRAWesty
16th July 2013, 09:51 PM
No doing the top. Don't want more catch points under the front..
I went the road runner kit, I can't make it for that price.. Although it will need a bit of grinding to make fit..
I'll do a build thread for those interested..

Sent from my C6603 using Motorculture mobile app

Ade
16th July 2013, 11:02 PM
Charged all batteries..and still charging lol

Sent from my GT-S5690 using Motorculture mobile app

Kast
17th July 2013, 12:15 AM
Hey mate bull bar overhaul is costing me $300. They melt it overnight then blast it. Then undercoat followed by a coat of zinc and then powder coat.
The pain is being without a car for 4 or 5 days.

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Motorculture app

Thanks Hodge ( I tried giving you a thanks but 'action was denied', so I'll do it the old fashion way!).

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Rustyboner81
18th July 2013, 02:13 PM
Put her in to the paint shop to get the cancer cut out

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Motorculture mobile app

Hodge
18th July 2013, 02:26 PM
Just had her on Dyno to identify a turbo noise. Also waiting for my bullbar to return sometime today so I can fit her back on.

threedogs
18th July 2013, 02:32 PM
@ Hodge be interesting to see your figures what mods have you got, Chip ,Nads,snorkel,or Zorst????
Oh and tyre size

Hodge
18th July 2013, 02:46 PM
@ Hodge be interesting to see your figures what mods have you got, Chip ,Nads,snorkel,or Zorst????
Oh and tyre size

Shes only got an 2.75 beaudesert and snorkel, standard tyres. It wasn't a proper dyno as such, he just had her on rollers under load and was monitoring noises and stuff under bonnet and turbo. She's going back there for valves, catch can and once EGR is blocked she'll get a full dyno tune.
Still, she goes so well now, I still can't believe how much difference exhaust alone made. I actually now can't wait to have the bar back on and go for a good proper drive to feel her across all gears.

MEGOMONSTER
18th July 2013, 06:03 PM
My new LOSER door lights. Love em to pieces.

Lonicus
18th July 2013, 06:26 PM
Surprised you don't have a couple of little spotties focussed on your seats when the doors open :)

MEGOMONSTER
18th July 2013, 08:52 PM
Surprised you don't have a couple of little spotties focussed on your seats when the doors open :)

Trying to work out how I can illuminate the patrol logo on my seats.

Rustyboner81
18th July 2013, 09:25 PM
Ordered the GQ tri color tail lights to replace the red/clear ones.
Gonna reroute the wiring through the body to iliminate lights in the bumper then im gonna remove the rear bumper untill i get a rear bar

Rustyboner81
18th July 2013, 09:36 PM
F-ing sweeeet seat

BigRAWesty
18th July 2013, 09:56 PM
Ordered the GQ tri color tail lights to replace the red/clear ones.
Gonna reroute the wiring through the body to iliminate lights in the bumper then im gonna remove the rear bumper untill i get a rear bar

Did you go the flat looking gq sets or the gu4 look-alikes?

Sent from my C6603 using Motorculture mobile app

MEGOMONSTER
18th July 2013, 10:13 PM
F-ing sweeeet seat

Here's another pic for those who have missed out. 31911

trekster
18th July 2013, 10:32 PM
Found the leak in the front causing water to get into cabin, and finished my reversing camera install.

TPC
18th July 2013, 10:38 PM
Found the leak in the front causing water to get into cabin, and finished my reversing camera install.

What was the leak?
Also where did you mount the camera?

trekster
18th July 2013, 11:06 PM
What was the leak?

firewall grommets, camera mounted to aluminium part of rear bar, will post pics in my car's thread tomorrow

cheers,
Eric.

trekster
21st July 2013, 10:17 PM
\

TPC,

See my car thread for picture of my mounted camera.

Cheers,
Eric.

trekster
21st July 2013, 10:18 PM
Also today:

Made good progress on my drawer system, Got 1 side finished bar a handle and lock (Need to buy) screwed my anderson plug down and finished mounting volt meter above plug.

mudski
22nd July 2013, 07:36 PM
Finally finished the air locker install today! Woo, bloody hoo! Installed front locker and full front end re-race.

macca86
22nd July 2013, 07:38 PM
I drove mine today

MEGOMONSTER
22nd July 2013, 08:06 PM
I drove mine today

Excellent.

macca86
22nd July 2013, 08:29 PM
Excellent.

If you knew my dramas this year driving it is an epic result haha

Shaun 4x4
22nd July 2013, 08:53 PM
Finally finished the air locker install today! Woo, bloody hoo! Installed front locker and full front end re-race.

Good stuff. Was it hard to do? Any special tools required?

WogsRus
22nd July 2013, 10:17 PM
well finally completed my rear shelf, looks shmick and works well

Shaun 4x4
22nd July 2013, 10:30 PM
well finally completed my rear shelf, looks shmick and works well

Nice job. How much weight can it hold?

WogsRus
22nd July 2013, 10:33 PM
enough for coking but wont hold a kid or anything, i used alucabond which is a composite aluminium panel, probably hold a carton easilly...

mudski
22nd July 2013, 11:00 PM
Good stuff. Was it hard to do? Any special tools required?

Not really hard but time consuming. About three to four hours stripping it all down, about and hour or two cleaning and installing new bearings and seals.
Doing the centre was left to George yesty.
Then went over to BA's place this morning to help him get his centre back in and then over to my place to help me with mine and then we parted ways and finished the reassemble.
The compressor I installed a couple of weeks ago. That was easy.
Oh and a massive, massive thanks to George for his help and to BA's wife for supplying the food yesterday. And to BA for making the coffee.
-----------------
I tapped that app

Shaun 4x4
22nd July 2013, 11:44 PM
Not really hard but time consuming. About three to four hours stripping it all down, about and hour or two cleaning and installing new bearings and seals.
Doing the centre was left to George yesty.
Then went over to BA's place this morning to help him get his centre back in and then over to my place to help me with mine and then we parted ways and finished the reassemble.
The compressor I installed a couple of weeks ago. That was easy.
Oh and a massive, massive thanks to George for his help and to BA's wife for supplying the food yesterday. And to BA for making the coffee.
-----------------
I tapped that app

Think this one is beyond my skills. Think I will leave the install of the locker to arb.
I already have the compressor installed

BigRAWesty
23rd July 2013, 04:57 AM
Nearly finished the diff lamination.. If only this pita thing called work would back off...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

MEGOMONSTER
23rd July 2013, 05:38 PM
Fuelled up today at $1.549 but was lucky enough to fill 150 odd litres using a 40 (yes 40)cent off vouchers. What a saving.

Parksy
23rd July 2013, 05:41 PM
Installed a new bush on the gearshift lever. Big difference in shifting feel. Not as notchy. Much nicer.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/B77AAAB2-D84F-484F-A22A-96ABBCCBBD31-7903-000005EC12069B96.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/5F6F975D-B03F-4E24-AC87-80F80A08B70F-7903-000005EC16BFF0B3.jpg

Stropp
23rd July 2013, 06:00 PM
fitted the airbags on the back and new mono shocks, also swapped the rear springs around to even the body up, i cant beleive that so called professionals cant read or dont know that there are left and right springs its almost perfect now and the ride is much better, no more sea seasickness lol.

mudski
23rd July 2013, 06:31 PM
Never been aware that there was left and right springs.

Stropp
23rd July 2013, 06:40 PM
Never been aware that there was left and right springs.

yeh mate drivers side is slightly longer to make up for the constant weight in the vehicle and they tend to sag that little bit to give it a level look after a while.

Kast
24th July 2013, 10:08 PM
Shes only got an 2.75 beaudesert and snorkel, standard tyres. It wasn't a proper dyno as such, he just had her on rollers under load and was monitoring noises and stuff under bonnet and turbo. She's going back there for valves, catch can and once EGR is blocked she'll get a full dyno tune.
Still, she goes so well now, I still can't believe how much difference exhaust alone made. I actually now can't wait to have the bar back on and go for a good proper drive to feel her across all gears.

Hodge, did you fit the zorst and if so how easy was it? Was looking at a beaudesert for mine.

mudski
25th July 2013, 07:51 PM
How much is a Beaudesert sytem btw?

BigRAWesty
25th July 2013, 08:14 PM
Nearly finished diff lamination.. Duck Its solid now...
Hopefully finish the pumpkin brace tomorrow, then start rebuild.. Yay.. :D

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Parksy
25th July 2013, 08:27 PM
That looks excellent westy! Nice job. Looks stiff!

BigRAWesty
25th July 2013, 08:39 PM
She won't bend in a hurry, that's for sure..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Kast
25th July 2013, 10:06 PM

Mudski, they quoted me $1135 for aluminised steel and $1800 for stainless. add $25 for packing and $100 for freight to wa.

That's with a free flow muffler.

threedogs
26th July 2013, 04:20 PM
@ Kallen did you weld in the small piece at the knuckle, about size of match box,
stops knuckle bended after some big air,
just saw it .
Also you could weld on a pumpkin protector ???
Did you use GU or GQ diff housings ,paint with POR15 awesome on diffs

NissanGQ4.2
26th July 2013, 05:02 PM
Just got back from dropping it off 2 the smash repairers :) In a few weeks time the paintwork on the roof and bonnet should look smick as :):):) Hopefully the windscreen breaks when they pull it out so I can get a new 1 :)

happygu
26th July 2013, 05:06 PM

Around $1260 delivered to Melbourne , but well worth it in my eyes.....

Mic

AB
26th July 2013, 06:25 PM
Had that squealing sound on the work car zd30. Ended up being 2 x loose nuts on the exhaust manifold. No more squealing = happy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

florix
26th July 2013, 06:32 PM
Changed diff oils and engine oil too. I don't think the fella before me knew diffs used oil. Poor girl. Plus I have found a new love its called Magnatec, Castrol Magnatec

mudnut
26th July 2013, 06:43 PM
Nearly finished diff lamination.. Duck Its solid now...
Hopefully finish the pumpkin brace tomorrow, then start rebuild.. Yay.. :D

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Not jealous one bit.... It looks plenty tough, mate

trekster
26th July 2013, 08:19 PM
Washed the mud and crap off it that's been on there for weeks.

Much much whiter now, until I get it dirty again (most likely sunday lol)

BigRAWesty
26th July 2013, 08:30 PM
@ Kallen did you weld in the small piece at the knuckle, about size of match box,
stops knuckle bended after some big air,
just saw it .
Also you could weld on a pumpkin protector ???
Did you use GU or GQ diff housings ,paint with POR15 awesome on diffs

I did mate. Top and bottom. I didn't do the pumpkin protector as I couldn't shape it.. I need a dam anvil...
But just my stock GQ diff, and no POR15 yet..

Not jealous one bit.... It looks plenty tough, mate

Happy to do yours if you want mate.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

TPC
27th July 2013, 07:02 PM
Small jobs- Fit the front recovery points I got from Threedogs, don't think I could brake those.
Also fitted and set up the Ultra Gauge.
Tried to fix the F#%king car radio aerial but will have to pull it out and dismantle to see what's going on with it.

Shaun 4x4
27th July 2013, 08:59 PM
Took it out for a trip to mundaring power lines again.
And once again got a leak in a tyre from the bead. Getting beyond a joke now

Clunk
27th July 2013, 10:46 PM
Took it out for a trip to mundaring power lines again.
And once again got a leak in a tyre from the bead. Getting beyond a joke now

So how come you didn't come up with us then hey!!!!!?????

My folks went to the Google Play Store and all they got me was this lousy Motorculture App!!!!!!!

Shaun 4x4
27th July 2013, 11:33 PM
So how come you didn't come up with us then hey!!!!!?????

My folks went to the Google Play Store and all they got me was this lousy Motorculture App!!!!!!!

Had to shut a mate up that's been pestering me about the powerlines.
He thinks his hilux is better then my patrol. So I took him out where I knew the route.

And what would you know, had to pull him out of a bog hole and up one hill he got stuck on.
The might patrol conquers the hilux every time.

Clunk, how was dwellingup? Been out there once but didn't find a lot.

Clunk
28th July 2013, 01:39 AM
Had to shut a mate up that's been pestering me about the powerlines.
He thinks his hilux is better then my patrol. So I took him out where I knew the route.

And what would you know, had to pull him out of a bog hole and up one hill he got stuck on.
The might patrol conquers the hilux every time.

Clunk, how was dwellingup? Been out there once but didn't find a lot.

Meet up at Dwelly got postponed due to weather, so a few of us went to the powerlines instead.

Shaun 4x4
28th July 2013, 12:16 PM
Meet up at Dwelly got postponed due to weather, so a few of us went to the powerlines instead.

Guess I missed the notification about powerlines.

Clunk what where you driving yesterday?
I'm pretty sure I seen a car with clunk on the number plates but pretty sure it wasn't a patrol.
Am I mistaken?

Clunk
28th July 2013, 12:55 PM
Guess I missed the notification about powerlines.

Clunk what where you driving yesterday?
I'm pretty sure I seen a car with clunk on the number plates but pretty sure it wasn't a patrol.
Am I mistaken?

We were a bit lazy and didnt start a new thread, just kept it going in the Dwelly thread, also have some photos and vids up in there now.
This is mine mate, Clunk sticker on the rear window

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/clunk71/IMG_8301_zps4b82453a.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/clunk71/media/IMG_8301_zps4b82453a.jpg.html)

Shaun 4x4
28th July 2013, 01:41 PM
Nar that wasn't the one I was thinking. I'm certain I seen something out there with the number plate clunk.

What time where you guys out there?

Me and a few mates went through from 10:30 to about 3:30 starting from tank hill road.

Clunk
28th July 2013, 01:43 PM
Nar that wasn't the one I was thinking. I'm certain I seen something out there with the number plate clunk.

What time where you guys out there?

Me and a few mates went through from 10:30 to about 3:30 starting from tank hill road.

yeah you had a couple of hours head start on us. Also started at the water tanks

Shaun 4x4
28th July 2013, 01:45 PM
Will have to organise a day run out there sometime.

It gets better every time I go.

Clunk
28th July 2013, 01:55 PM
Will have to organise a day run out there sometime.

It gets better every time I go.
for sure............. or if you head out anywhere, just stick up a post. Rustyboner 81 was looking to head out up there next weekend

BigRAWesty
28th July 2013, 05:48 PM
Throws tools on ground, hands in air..
DONE!!!!

And I'm happy to announce the kit comes with no extras... ;)

Big thanks to YNOT's hub thread, the manuals and MR for the question hot line.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

mudnut
28th July 2013, 06:29 PM
Finally got the cooling system flushed out enough to fill with glycol and rainwater. Getting all the air out of the system is a very tedious job.

:animierte-smilies-f

BigRAWesty
28th July 2013, 06:32 PM
Finally got the cooling system flushed out enough to fill with glycol and rainwater. Getting all the air out of the system is a very tedious job.

:animierte-smilies-f

That's my next job... Looking forward to it... :rolleyes:

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

trekster
28th July 2013, 08:20 PM
Washed the mud and crap off it that's been on there for weeks.

Much much whiter now, until I get it dirty again (most likely sunday lol)

And................. back to dirty again today mwahahahaha mud and shite everywhere.....

Rustyboner81
28th July 2013, 08:41 PM
Finally got my personalised number plates ordered :D

firm351
30th July 2013, 11:50 PM
Removed the old broken antenna mast, it's beyond repair so will have to order a new one:(
While I had the inner guard opened up I noticed the bolts the hold the snorkel onto the guard weren't tight. 32366
After I tightened them up I checked the hose clamps on the duct inside the
guard and surprise surprise they were loose aswell.
I would recommend anyone with a genuine Nissan snorkel to check their bolts and clamps as mine defiantly wouldn't have been water or air tight.

rafa
31st July 2013, 12:47 AM
Got the panel fixed on pod 32367

mudski
31st July 2013, 04:19 PM
Around $1260 delivered to Melbourne , but well worth it in my eyes.....

Mic
Holy chit!

mudski
31st July 2013, 04:22 PM
Ordered my noo headlights from Mick today to replace the both broken headlights. Now will be projectors and HID...Can't wait. Also just ordered some LED replacement indicators for the ARB bar too...

BigRAWesty
31st July 2013, 09:16 PM
Freshly bushed and painted front panhard rod..
100T press makes it child's play..
Removed the broken dampener bracket and.going bolt on..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Parksy
1st August 2013, 06:20 PM
Pulled the front calipers apart the other day and cleaned them up with a wire brush. Chucked them in a bucket of water and molasses. Checked them today. Coming along nicely. Put an aquarium heater into the bucket to speed the process up.

gingerboy
3rd August 2013, 12:41 PM
Greased my driveshaft nipples :D

threedogs
3rd August 2013, 01:36 PM
went outside to mount my second Stebel horn, but way too cold.
Too many small jobs building up ATM. will need to pull finger out

Stropp
3rd August 2013, 03:26 PM
got my fairline bonnet scoop and contemplated how good it will look on the patrol.

XT43
3rd August 2013, 05:44 PM
Went and bought 20lt of delo400, two new ryco filters a couple of cans of degreaser and did my first oil change since owning the Patrol.

FNQGU
3rd August 2013, 06:50 PM
pulled the sub tank pump out and replaced it with one from the wreckers (bloody rip-off merchants) plus an in-line fuel filter before the pump... Drove 12klms and saw more metal filings in the new filter....aaaarrghh! Gonna have to drop both fuel tanks and clean them out proper when I get back from a trip tomorrow. Taking spare filters though. Should be right...

On a positive though, I also fitted HID kits to my two spotties - nice! Think I need to change the bulbs down to 5000k from the current 6000k that came in the kit.

BigRAWesty
3rd August 2013, 10:40 PM
Well I had an up and down day with the car. Front diff is back in place. LH radius arm, brake calipers are in, panhard rod in..
BUT..... :banghead:
The bloody RH radius arm thread is plucked.. It looks like it was cross threaded by last last person.. PITA... So I'm going to try a die and see how the thread goes.. If no good which I suspect will be the outcome due to fine thread, will mean a new radius arm..

Apart from that hold up, the rest went in well..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Parksy
3rd August 2013, 11:14 PM
Well I had an up and down day with the car. Front diff is back in place. LH radius arm, brake calipers are in, panhard rod in..
BUT..... :banghead:
The bloody RH radius arm thread is plucked.. It looks like it was cross threaded by last last person.. PITA... So I'm going to try a die and see how the thread goes.. If no good which I suspect will be the outcome due to fine thread, will mean a new radius arm..

Apart from that hold up, the rest went in well..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GQ-Y60-Wagon-Front-Radius-Suspension-Trailing-Arms-Ford-Maverick-/151093535201?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item232de061e1&_uhb=1

BigRAWesty
3rd August 2013, 11:18 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GQ-Y60-Wagon-Front-Radius-Suspension-Trailing-Arms-Ford-Maverick-/151093535201?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item232de061e1&_uhb=1

I'm hoping I can find something like that, just a little closer.. Lol

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

trekster
4th August 2013, 11:15 PM
Finished the other side of my drawers... carpet inside, handles on.... getting there!

Shaun 4x4
5th August 2013, 12:30 AM
Installed my rear recovery point, attempted the front but dont have the right bolts :(

Rustyboner81
6th August 2013, 02:03 PM
Put bonnet sticker on :D

And something else

Clunk
6th August 2013, 02:33 PM
Put bonnet sticker on :D

And something else

This post is useless without Pics!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha

Motorculture sucks chocolate salty balls!!!! Bring back TAPPACRAP............

threedogs
6th August 2013, 02:59 PM
Released some boost, couldn't see it doing any good at Hwy speeds with 15 psi

93patrol
6th August 2013, 03:00 PM
just bought a snorkel for the ute on ebay

Tonks
6th August 2013, 06:54 PM
Pulled my black widow draw system out

DX grunt
6th August 2013, 07:17 PM
Got all the belts , front and back panhard bushes and steering damper changed - then drove it on the bitumen. lol

Parksy
6th August 2013, 07:32 PM
Gave the front calipers a final coat of paint. Will put them back together with new seals and hardware tomorrow and maybe even get a bleed in.

Rustyboner81
6th August 2013, 08:29 PM
cant post with motorcrapture

Rustyboner81
6th August 2013, 08:35 PM
then i went shopping and bought a few things for the girl
rhino rack rails
basket for up top
and an awning....... bank account is looking pretty pathetic now

cant wait for the bar work at the end of the month

Rumcajs
6th August 2013, 09:52 PM
installed a bogaard plug n play turbo timer in my gu . Works great , easy to install

G'day mate,
By any chance you haven't got the instructions/wiring diagram for that timer? I have generic Bogaard unit and trying to figure out the wiring.
Cheers

Stropp
6th August 2013, 10:15 PM
rhino rack rails
basket for up top
and an awning....... bank account is looking pretty pathetic

Ha ha russ, one step at a Time ;)

Clunk
6th August 2013, 11:27 PM
rhino rack rails
basket for up top
and an awning....... bank account is looking pretty pathetic now

Looking good there Russ......

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

Rustyboner81
6th August 2013, 11:43 PM
Ha ha russ, one step at a Time ;)

Yeah buddy. Giant steps hshahaha

Clunk
6th August 2013, 11:51 PM
Yeah buddy. Giant steps hshahaha

How much were the racks mate?

Rustyboner81
7th August 2013, 12:13 AM
Paid $600 for the whole rack setup.

Awning from oposite lock for $275.

Kast
7th August 2013, 12:33 AM
I love living my life vicariously with OP's money. You keep going rusty, you're saving me a fortune!

Clunk
7th August 2013, 01:17 AM
I love living my life vicariously with OP's money. You keep going rusty, you're saving me a fortune!

Costing me a pretty penny in me head though!!!!!!Lol

Rustyboner81
7th August 2013, 08:56 AM
Ahh its BS... got a camping table and chairs yesterday too and the things you buy.......its never ending

Rustyboner81
7th August 2013, 10:38 AM
Got online for a quote with affinity insurance brokers...cheers stropp hopefully get a quote back today :rolleyes:

BigRAWesty
7th August 2013, 10:54 AM
Got one from sgic yesterday. Agreed value on the patrol of $9500 is 650 a year. Not to bad I thought.
I could go higher but need to list features and accessories for documentation.

Rustyboner81
7th August 2013, 11:03 AM
Apparently affinity covers accesories and covers your vehicle ANYWHERE. I have sgio now but to be honest it doesnt fill me with confidance.

Rustyboner81
7th August 2013, 02:49 PM
Ended up buying a small space case from ironman 4x4 only to find an almost identical product in bunnings for 2/3 the price. Kicking myself as its where i got my large box from

meh
7th August 2013, 04:40 PM
Got some TD recovery points on

My extended shackles from the other week I put on

And a pic from Bribie yesterday

AB
7th August 2013, 05:48 PM
I just sold my patrol.

happygu
7th August 2013, 06:10 PM
I just sold my patrol.

Good Job ..... Grab a 3 Litre GU .....

AB
7th August 2013, 06:12 PM
Good Job ..... Grab a 3 Litre GU .....

Already have one, I bought these instead...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/08/24.jpg

boots
7th August 2013, 07:23 PM
Is that OME suspension on those AB or TuffDog ?

Rustyboner81
7th August 2013, 07:32 PM

Hahahaha you freaks crack me up.
Did you sell the Q you got about a year ago?

happygu
7th August 2013, 08:26 PM
Already have one, I bought these instead...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/08/24.jpg

Are those 31's or 33's?

I reckon you'll struggle on those....need 35's at least or you'll get hung up in the ruts....

mudski
7th August 2013, 08:38 PM
Fitted my noo GME radio. Thanks to BA and his bloody advise I had to buy one. I hate it when I talk to him, it just ends up costing me money. Atelst I don't have the radio on show anymore and I can just unplug the lead from then port in the dash I made and no-one would even know. Except for you guys....:tease: Also fitted a switch, just under the aerial height switch to lower the aerial right down even when in use so I don't snag it on trees. Done that once...

AB
7th August 2013, 08:52 PM

Ome 5/16"....what else!

taslucas
7th August 2013, 08:53 PM
Got some TD recovery points on

My extended shackles from the other week I put on

And a pic from Bribie yesterday
they are extended sway bar connects not shackles??

Rustyboner81
7th August 2013, 09:07 PM
I got an ark-pak today :)

meh
7th August 2013, 10:07 PM
they are extended sway bar connects not shackles??

Yes my bad!!

mudnut
7th August 2013, 10:17 PM
Heaps more ground clearance now, because I took the side steps off, after a finding that they scrape and bend really easily. Now to save up for the rocksliders, after I pay for the gearbox and clutch change out; then the At tyres 2 inch lift, rear bar ...

Rustyboner81
7th August 2013, 10:23 PM
Heaps more ground clearance now, because I took the side steps off, after a finding that they scrape and bend really easily. Now to save up for the rocksliders, after I pay for the gearbox and clutch change out; then the At tyres 2 inch lift, rear bar ...

Yeah buddy. Thats list never gets any smaller lol

timbar
7th August 2013, 10:38 PM
bought a new steering box haven't fitted it yet but will do soon hahaha

megatexture
8th August 2013, 12:58 AM
:Yahoo!:Picked it up from panel shop with a bit of work done to the front end looks 100%

mudski
8th August 2013, 09:14 PM
Fitted a new double din head unit today plus a front mounted camera for those times when I need it for some tricky descents...

AB
8th August 2013, 09:15 PM

I'm picking mine up this weekend. Ill throw them up here.

Shaun 4x4
8th August 2013, 09:52 PM
Got online for a quote with affinity insurance brokers...cheers stropp hopefully get a quote back today :rolleyes:

I just did this too. Have always been worried about something happening of road and not being covered.
Hopefully they come back with a decent price

Clunk
9th August 2013, 12:13 AM
I just did this too. Have always been worried about something happening of road and not being covered.

X3........... was gonna have a look at TCIS but got bored filling out the details on their website lol

BigRAWesty
9th August 2013, 06:11 AM
Got a tax return of $1100. Not huge as its first year of business and you can't claim first year losses. But that's still $1g to get the patrol finished.
That's the injectors and sound deadening covered now. Keeps the wife happy

Hodge
9th August 2013, 08:07 PM
Finally had the suspension fitted today. 2" lift, steering damper, etc.. Different car to drive, handles much better. Didn't have a chance to get the roof rack done. Roof racks and some rubber next week since now I can fit the tyres under there.
http://imageshack.us/a/img7/3944/e0ob.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/3042/wduw.jpg

Shaun 4x4
9th August 2013, 08:39 PM
Installed my turbo timer
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd483/Shaun0305/Nissan%20Patrol%20GU%20ST/20130809_131756.jpg

I have also install and wired up my boost and egt gauge with amp read out.
Also installed my twin volt gauge with another amp read out.
Just got to finish connect up the engine bay side of things tomorrow

TPC
9th August 2013, 09:21 PM
Got my car serviced by Detrac Diesel at St Marys, seem like good blokes that know what they are doing.
Thanks Pearcey for the suggestion.

Shaun 4x4
10th August 2013, 01:45 AM
Also put on a set of TDs recovery points on.

oncedisturbed
10th August 2013, 02:34 AM
Finally had the suspension fitted today. 2" lift, steering damper, etc.. Different car to drive, handles much better. Didn't have a chance to get the roof rack done. Roof racks and some rubber next week since now I can fit the tyres under there.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Hodge, anychance you can take a pic for us of how your dampner sits in both brackets at all? Just replaced the drag link on mine and 1 end of the dampner looks a bit low and may need to be turned slightly

Hodge
10th August 2013, 10:44 AM
Hodge, anychance you can take a pic for us of how your dampner sits in both brackets at all? Just replaced the drag link on mine and 1 end of the dampner looks a bit low and may need to be turned slightly

Here you got mate, hope they help.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?22578-For-once-disturbed-steering-damper-photos&p=408396#post408396

Drewboyaus
10th August 2013, 07:09 PM
Fitted up the Kaymar bar with help from a mate....

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

rafa
10th August 2013, 07:28 PM
Fitted up the Kaymar bar with help from a mate....

Nice work!

Rustyboner81
10th August 2013, 09:54 PM
good lookin bar

NissanGQ4.2
11th August 2013, 12:26 AM
Nothing, but did pay it a visit at the smash repairers

8ltrs of paint stripper on roof and 4ltrs on bonnet

32749 32750 32751

32752 32753 32754

32755 32756 32757

threedogs
11th August 2013, 03:03 PM
Only a small job but fitted a strut to the small rear door, works a treat.
self opening, lol
Thanks to some help from members on how to remove trim, it went quite well.

Woof
11th August 2013, 06:19 PM
Just whacked 3 stickers on.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/20130811_132041_zpsf73909f2.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Uriah57/media/20130811_132041_zpsf73909f2.jpg.html)

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/20130811_132012_zpsfc90cb7f.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Uriah57/media/20130811_132012_zpsfc90cb7f.jpg.html)

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/20130811_132352_zps70bd553b.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Uriah57/media/20130811_132352_zps70bd553b.jpg.html)

trekster
11th August 2013, 06:35 PM
Got the trol fair bogged today

taslucas
11th August 2013, 06:43 PM
Got the trol fair bogged today

No PICS!!!????

Winnie
11th August 2013, 06:43 PM
Got my cross country intercooler on. Have not put the scoop on or cut the hole in the bonnet so it has not made a difference yet

Got sick of Motorculture so gone back to Tappa

MEGOMONSTER
11th August 2013, 08:01 PM
Got my cross country intercooler on. Have not put the scoop on or cut the hole in the bonnet so it has not made a difference yet

Got sick of Motorculture so gone back to Tappa

Looks great mate.

Clunk
11th August 2013, 08:12 PM
Just whacked 3 stickers on.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/20130811_132041_zpsf73909f2.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Uriah57/media/20130811_132041_zpsf73909f2.jpg.html)

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/20130811_132012_zpsfc90cb7f.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Uriah57/media/20130811_132012_zpsfc90cb7f.jpg.html)

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/20130811_132352_zps70bd553b.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Uriah57/media/20130811_132352_zps70bd553b.jpg.html)

Oh so thats why you didnt go out on the trip today.................. looks bloody good though mate

Drewboyaus
11th August 2013, 08:37 PM
Mounted my reco'd winch in the bar. Still got to do the wiring.......

Rustyboner81
11th August 2013, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=trekster;408929]Got the trol fair bogged today

PICS! i always forget to get pics when the hearts racing, any more details though?

Shaun 4x4
11th August 2013, 09:53 PM
Got my pillar pod installed and my gauges.
Boost and egt is all set up.

Need some bits to finish of the dual volt and amps.
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd483/Shaun0305/Nissan%20Patrol%20GU%20ST/20130811_165122.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd483/Shaun0305/Nissan%20Patrol%20GU%20ST/20130811_165115.jpg

Great gauges. Can be completely dimmed down to nothing with the factory nissan dimmer.

Parksy
12th August 2013, 03:11 PM
Re-sealed the engine oil cooler. Absolute prick of a job and the weather turned to shit as I started. Windy and raining. :( but jobs done. Just to stop the 1 drip a day leak.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/FB0F7F04-CC9A-4D62-A29D-16A1670D1271-2056-000002301E24663B.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/96478C61-99E6-4453-94DA-7ACAD6E195F4-2056-00000230161848FE.jpg

meh
12th August 2013, 04:24 PM
Threw a few explicit words at the car as it began to miss fire last night on the way to work and again this morning to the shops.

Checked the fuel filter, was cactus. Gooey glumps of ?the filter element come out of the filter

New fuel filter, gave the MAF a spray/clean and wow what a difference it made to the car !!

AB
12th August 2013, 07:50 PM
Rossco and I drove up to Benalla to pick up our sliders from DRC Fab.

Great bloke, very talented and bloody good quality.

Welds are spot on too, this bloke is very crafty!

I'll update and show pics when installed but I'm going to put some checkerplate on them first to stop sticks and branches from getting caught up.....Dazz's advice!!!

MEGOMONSTER
12th August 2013, 07:57 PM
Rossco and I drove up to Benalla to pick up our sliders from DRC Fab.

Great bloke, very talented and bloody good quality.

Welds are spot on too, this bloke is very crafty!

I'll update and show pics when installed but I'm going to put some checkerplate on them first to stop sticks and branches from getting caught up.....Dazz's advice!!!

Pre fitment pics.

Winnie
12th August 2013, 07:59 PM
HURRY UP THEN, SLACKER! lmao

AB
12th August 2013, 08:00 PM
Pre fitment pics.

I left them in Rosscos shed....He's probably selling them on Ebay as we speak...lol

MEGOMONSTER
12th August 2013, 08:03 PM
I left them in Rosscos shed....He's probably selling them on Ebay as we speak...lol

Already sold. Lol.

Punderhead
12th August 2013, 08:05 PM
Cleaned the crap out of the back so I could measure up for the back wall bracing for my chop.

Cheers

Winnie
12th August 2013, 08:06 PM
Just bought some really cheap rocksliders on eBay from a bloke in Christmas Hills. Awesome!

Shaun 4x4
12th August 2013, 11:47 PM
Only a small job but fitted a strut to the small rear door, works a treat.
self opening, lol
Thanks to some help from members on how to remove trim, it went quite well.

Do you have the details of the strut and where you got it from?

Woof
13th August 2013, 12:00 AM
Just bought some really cheap rocksliders on eBay from a bloke in Christmas Hills. Awesome!

Beware of those HILL people......................................better not say anymore...LOL

meh
13th August 2013, 06:24 AM
Ordered Dawes valve, needle and EGR block!

trekster
13th August 2013, 06:01 PM
No PICS!!!????

Pics in the Coffs tune up weekend thread, unfortunately for me a few forum members witnessed it hahaha fortunately for me one of them pulled me out :D

Parksy
13th August 2013, 06:16 PM
Got my new radiator today. Will hopefully fit it tomorrow if time permits. Booked in with nissan to get the front brake lines replaced. Free of charge. Apparently there's a recall on it that's been missed all these years...Sh1t!!

Bloodyaussie
13th August 2013, 06:17 PM

Your funny!!!!!

MEGOMONSTER
13th August 2013, 06:26 PM

That's amazing, I too was sold a set of sliders from Christmas hills.

mudski
13th August 2013, 06:51 PM
Rock sliders! That alright! I didn't want any!!!!
As for me, fixed BA's trailer while he did some gardening, then went home and drank some beers, then decided to fix my front bar indicators. Put my expensive Narva hand held LED light up behind the bar so I could see what I was doing, finshed the job and went down the shop for more beer and totally forgot about the light. Now I have a charger but no light :(

Winnie
13th August 2013, 06:59 PM
In seriousness though a bloke I met through a mate and have since become friends with, is a really good welder and is making a set of sliders for his GQ wagon, he's going to make a jig from that set and start making them up so I should have sliders in the next few months.

mudski
13th August 2013, 07:01 PM
I forgot! I also fitted my noo HID Projector lights from Mick's Projectors, plus put HID's in my IPF's....And my diff guard from Mal. But that wasn't today, it was yesty....Now my pony looks sexier!!!!
Just need a TD42Ti and my life is complete.....

trekster
13th August 2013, 08:39 PM
tightened up the power steering pump v-belt

Clunk
13th August 2013, 10:02 PM

Have you guys had your quotes back yet?

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

oncedisturbed
13th August 2013, 10:40 PM
my air tank came in tonight, now just gotta work out where I am going to put it and plumb in the compressor

Shaun 4x4
13th August 2013, 11:17 PM
Have you guys had your quotes back yet?

No I haven't. Have you?

Clunk
13th August 2013, 11:32 PM
No I haven't. Have you?

No not yet, seem to be taking their sweet time about it...... might have to give them a call and find out what the go is

Shaun 4x4
13th August 2013, 11:38 PM
No not yet, seem to be taking their sweet time about it...... might have to give them a call and find out what the go is

Doesn't fill me with much confidence in the insurance company.

Clunk
14th August 2013, 12:30 AM
Doesn't fill me with much confidence in the insurance company.

Yeah tell me about it

Stropp
14th August 2013, 12:41 AM
Scored some genuine factory 240 xgt hid spotties today so the standard 240 xgts are for sale now $300 Ono pr

TPC
14th August 2013, 01:49 AM
Scored some genuine factory 240 xgt hid spotties today so the standard 240 xgts are for sale now $300 Ono pr

What wattage and condition?

Stropp
14th August 2013, 02:11 AM
Will check in the morning, one needs attention as it intermittently goes out but wriggle the wires and it comes back on, the lightforce bloke said it just needs a wire kit for it about $11 I have an email from him on file. The both bodies are good, I will take pics tomorrow.

Shaun 4x4
14th August 2013, 11:40 AM
Yeah tell me about it

I got the quote back. $2200 a year!
I didnt even pay that much for my last car which was worth 80gs

oncedisturbed
14th August 2013, 11:43 AM
2200???? Wtf thats a big quote

Never underestimate the power of the darkside, let the tap flow through you.

Shaun 4x4
14th August 2013, 02:53 PM
Yer i know it is. But is cover all off road driving.
I dont know any other compant that does it?

Drewboyaus
14th August 2013, 03:02 PM
Yer i know it is. But is cover all off road driving.
I dont know any other compant that does it?

Check with Shannon's.......

Stropp
14th August 2013, 03:10 PM
hell, mine is $1300 for 46k. But i am an elderly sensible driver lol.

Rustyboner81
14th August 2013, 10:39 PM
got mine back, insured rb30 GQ with accessories and all my upgrades $15,000 agreed value premiums $1150

im happy with that, i'll have it take over from what i got now on 1/9/13

Rustyboner81
14th August 2013, 10:42 PM

on good behaviour lmao

Clunk
14th August 2013, 10:44 PM
got mine back, insured rb30 GQ with accessories and all my upgrades $15,000 agreed value premiums $1150

Still yet to receive my quote :(

Shaun 4x4
15th August 2013, 04:05 PM

Is that for offroad cover aswell?

Stropp
15th August 2013, 05:00 PM
Is that for offroad cover aswell?

yes shaun anywhere.

liftlid
15th August 2013, 05:19 PM
The water pressure is excellent!

taslucas
15th August 2013, 06:23 PM
Looked at mine longingly at whispered "not long now my sweet, one more day......"

2TROLLFAM
15th August 2013, 06:31 PM
Looked at mine longingly at whispered "not long now my sweet, one more day......"

You big softie !!

taslucas
15th August 2013, 06:41 PM
You big softie !!

One of us has to be the delicate one in the relationship:-)

AB
15th August 2013, 07:33 PM

I did nothing myself but just got an sms from old mate Rossco who has kindly put checker plate on my sexy new sliders!!!

What a ripper neighbour!!

NissanGQ4.2
15th August 2013, 07:35 PM
I did nothing myself but just got an sms from old mate Rossco who has kindly put checker plate on my sexy new sliders!!!

And your next update will be turned the troll from a 7 seater to a 12 seater *LMAO*

AB
15th August 2013, 07:49 PM
And your next update will be turned the troll from a 7 seater to a 12 seater *LMAO*

Not happening Todd, do not jinx me!!!!

Rustyboner81
15th August 2013, 09:16 PM

are you taking your patrol skiing? lol

Clunk
15th August 2013, 09:47 PM
are you taking your patrol skiing? lol

Bwahahahahahahahhaaha

Clunk
16th August 2013, 03:17 AM

Finally got my quote today.......... $1100, didn't think it was too bad for the off road peace of mind.

Crockett
16th August 2013, 03:53 AM
Finally got my quote today.......... $1100, didn't think it was too bad for the off road peace of mind.

Who is the underwriting insurer?
Curious, as when I looked into tcis I ended up already being insured with the insurer they used for that policy.

Clunk
16th August 2013, 10:15 AM
Who is the underwriting insurer?
Curious, as when I looked into tcis I ended up already being insured with the insurer they used for that policy.

Underwriters are CGU

meh
16th August 2013, 08:09 PM
Got an email saying my Dawes valve with heavy duty spring has been posted! Happy days

trekster
16th August 2013, 08:15 PM
Finished and installed cargo barrier.

Parksy
16th August 2013, 08:16 PM
Por15'ed the passengers footwell.

Shaun 4x4
16th August 2013, 08:40 PM
Finnished installing my dualy batter system with dual voltage and dual amp read out :)

sil3nt_dr3ams
17th August 2013, 06:38 PM
Installed first part of my storage system,

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/08/91.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/08/92.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/08/93.jpg

liftlid
17th August 2013, 06:39 PM
Looks good what did you make it out of?

Stropp
17th August 2013, 06:49 PM
That looks great mate well done and a great use of wasted space.

sil3nt_dr3ams
17th August 2013, 06:52 PM
16mm MDF, sealed it and painted it oil paint. So it should be waterproof.

Build thread http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?22538-Lwb-storage-draws-build.-Rear-seats-removed

Drewboyaus
17th August 2013, 09:05 PM
Wired in my reco winch today....

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/08/97.jpg

Added some in-cab controls too....
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/08/98.jpg

Shaun 4x4
17th August 2013, 11:33 PM
I got it nice and muddy and then it broke on the way home and had to be towed :(

Clunk
18th August 2013, 12:07 AM
I got it nice and muddy and then it broke on the way home and had to be towed :(

Ouch.......

Shaun 4x4
18th August 2013, 12:11 AM
Ouch.......

Yer I know. I'm just thankfull it happend around the corner from home rather then down at brunswick

93patrol
18th August 2013, 12:15 AM
So you had a good day out then

Fitted my snorkle today not the best job I've done but it will do

oncedisturbed
18th August 2013, 12:20 AM
looked at troll, drove to work....that is all :(

Shaun 4x4
18th August 2013, 12:48 AM
So you had a good day out then

Fitted my snorkle today not the best job I've done but it will do

Yer was good.
Didn't find the good stuff until the end of the day tho

93patrol
18th August 2013, 12:50 AM
Should have pmed me I could have given you some tracks to hit in the area you where in. Where did you end up? Beela rd? Did you try fergerson valley?

Shaun 4x4
18th August 2013, 01:13 AM
Beleaguered road rings a bell. We sort of just winged it. None of us have a GPS. Lol

Seen bobs hill and turned around quick smart. Lol

I will give you a pm next time we head out

sil3nt_dr3ams
18th August 2013, 08:56 AM
Installed speakers

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/08/110.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/08/111.jpg

oncedisturbed
18th August 2013, 09:17 AM
how do the fusions sound? looking at getting 2 sets of the shallow mounts for the GU

Rustyboner81
18th August 2013, 11:41 AM
They look sweet

meh
18th August 2013, 12:21 PM
Fitted new fuel lines to stop the cracked air leaking B(**&^ causing the car to cut out !

Stropp
18th August 2013, 01:12 PM
Fitted new bonnet struts, it actually stays all the way up now.

sil3nt_dr3ams
18th August 2013, 01:31 PM
how do the fusions sound? looking at getting 2 sets of the shallow mounts for the GU

I'll let you know shortly still haven't had a chance to adjust amps settings.

megatexture
18th August 2013, 01:50 PM
cleanned the damn thing pulling a 20ltr bucket of clay from under it, then after i stuff my face ive got a electrical gremlin to sort out with my dual volt meter... gah not enough hrs in a day.

threedogs
18th August 2013, 03:36 PM
Got heaps of 12v jobs to do but weather is against me.
One .job I want to do asap is wire up my "BIG BLACK PUMP" and fit air tank to chassais rail.
Then I can mount my train horn, bad drivers my way.
Rear view camera another job, winch rope camera another job. Maybe even fit led strips underneath as rock lights.
It all adds up

BigRAWesty
18th August 2013, 04:52 PM
Finally got the diff in, local bloke threw me some arms, so it's in, wheels on and springs in.
Still to do list... :rolleyes:
Install new extended brakes
Bleed lines.
New diff fluids
Service engine
New thermostat, gaskets, hoses, coolent

Then, I think were good to roll

Shaun 4x4
18th August 2013, 06:03 PM
just finished cleaning mine. there was clay and mud everywhere!

AB
18th August 2013, 06:14 PM
Put the sliders on...

BigRAWesty
18th August 2013, 06:19 PM
Put the sliders on...

Look good. Getting scrub bars aswell?

Winnie
18th August 2013, 06:24 PM
Sweet as Andy!

Parksy
18th August 2013, 06:51 PM
Penetroled the floor section under the carpet last night. Dry today so carpets and seats back in today.

Drewboyaus
18th August 2013, 08:17 PM
Dropped the recently installed winch out and reversed the braking.
Installed some new IPF H4 reflectors in the headlights......nice and bright now!

mudski
20th August 2013, 10:14 PM
Dropped the recently installed winch out and reversed the braking.
Installed some new IPF H4 reflectors in the headlights......nice and bright now!

PUt some 70w HID's in my IPF's and they are still chit! Also got the muffler cut out of my 3inch Redback system. Best $90 spent evar!!! Sound half decent now and more mid range power than I expected.

Drewboyaus
20th August 2013, 10:51 PM
PUt some 70w HID's in my IPF's and they are still chit! Also got the muffler cut out of my 3inch Redback system. Best $90 spent evar!!! Sound half decent now and more mid range power than I expected.

My IPF's work great!
What part is chit?

mudski
20th August 2013, 11:18 PM
My IPF's work great!
What part is chit?

The light output is chit. But I do have a 240W 40inch light bar that just lights up everything and totally drowns out the headlights and spotties combined. My IPF's are just the 800's. Both spot lens' too. No point putting a spread in when the light bar does that part...
I am quite disappointed to say the least.

Drewboyaus
20th August 2013, 11:29 PM
The light output is chit. But I do have a 240W 40inch light bar that just lights up everything and totally drowns out the headlights and spotties combined. My IPF's are just the 800's. Both spot lens' too. No point putting a spread in when the light bar does that part...
I am quite disappointed to say the least.

The reflectors in the 800's aren't as good as the 900's.
I think you'll find though the light output is enough to fry the retinas of an oncoming driver at 2km but the light bar is putting out so much light short to mid range the long range is now pointless.
Remember too that your spots don't really pick up terrain to the side so the effect is that it looks like they aren't doing anything......

mudski
20th August 2013, 11:38 PM
I just arrived tonight down at the beach house in Pt.Lonsdale. There is a really long dark stretch of road I take and even the light bar I can see further down the road than the 800's. I'm now thinking I need to change those lights. Ugh! More money thrown into the pit...

threedogs
21st August 2013, 11:54 AM
Ended up hard wiring my Engel via a carling fridge switch,
Below are 2 blanks one will be for Locker and will be using a toggle
switch with a missile cover for the compressor.

@ Mudski you wont get any light bar to give you distance even though they are impressive,
its the hwy driving where you'll miss them, slow night work driving tracks there is no better light IMO
than a led bar

rkinsey
21st August 2013, 03:30 PM
I just put mine up for sale......:animierte-smilies-f

threedogs
21st August 2013, 03:52 PM
Bummer getting another I hope ???

rkinsey
21st August 2013, 04:02 PM
Bummer getting another I hope ???

Once I get the renos for the house finished and then we are going to refinance, I will have more than enough to get another one but this time I will be able to afford all the goodies that I want.

Probably looking at about two years away though.

mudski
21st August 2013, 08:28 PM
Ended up hard wiring my Engel via a carling fridge switch,
Below are 2 blanks one will be for Locker and will be using a toggle
switch with a missile cover for the compressor.

@ Mudski you wont get any light bar to give you distance even though they are impressive,
its the hwy driving where you'll miss them, slow night work driving tracks there is no better light IMO
than a led bar
Yeah mate i know the light bar doesn't give distance. But the light output is so great from the lightbar there is more than enough light for a 100 metres, even more, down the road. But even on the highway these IPF's are garbage even with the HID's in them. Gotta find something better now. Just wasted $170 for nothing, plus the covers I bought for them.
As for your switches. You can't fit three Carling switches in that blank. You probably know but I thought to bring it up just incase someone else didn't. I made a new plate which now fits three Carling switches in there.

taslucas
21st August 2013, 08:35 PM
Once I get the renos for the house finished and then we are going to refinance, I will have more than enough to get another one but this time I will be able to afford all the goodies that I want.

Probably looking at about two years away though.

see you in two years mate, nice knowing you buddy!

lmao, all the best mate

Ben-e-boy
21st August 2013, 08:37 PM
Put a 4 inch stainless snorkle from radius fab with a big ram head I bought from a truck spares shop

PMC
21st August 2013, 08:47 PM
Put a 4 inch stainless snorkle from radius fab with a big ram head I bought from a truck spares shop

G'day mate,

Any chance you can put up a photo on the 200kw thread please!

Regards,

RLI

taslucas
21st August 2013, 08:53 PM
G'day mate,

Regards,

RLI

Get a room......

AB
21st August 2013, 08:59 PM

Thats going to look beefy!

Ben-e-boy
21st August 2013, 09:00 PM
G'day mate,

Regards,

RLI

In due time, hopefully the airbox is ready to pick up tomorrow I will install that then take some pics.