PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your Patrol today!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

sooty_10
10th May 2016, 07:22 PM
Well seems I'm slowly catching up on a few maintenance things at the moment. Replace the old offset radius bushes today. I was wondering what the clunk was....http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/156.jpg

I also ordered rear lower superior control arms and a fresh set of bushes for the factory uppers. That should be all bushes fairly fresh now, well at least replaced by me since having this rig.

Oil change tomorrow.....

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

mudski
10th May 2016, 09:12 PM
Yeah those bushes are shagged hey.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

AB
10th May 2016, 09:26 PM
Just picked her up from the exhaust shop, sounds great. 12mm Tuesday tomorrow! I'm more than excited. I'm lost Chappy, I know there's a few threads flying around but is the 12mm pump on?

Rossco
10th May 2016, 10:37 PM
I'm lost Chappy, I know there's a few threads flying around but is the 12mm pump on?
It's in the shop now, should be ready tomorrow i think.

nissannewby
10th May 2016, 10:39 PM
Yesterday- replaced rear sway bar bushes and links.

Today- removed rear coils to replace top rubbers. Will get a quote to powder coat the springs while they are out. Then it will get new control arm bushes and panhard.

BigRAWesty
11th May 2016, 08:34 AM
First decent trip in the patrol since the exhaust...
Hmmmmmmm. .
I may get that cat yet to bring it down a few more Db's..
I honestly think it's noise from the dump pipe so may see how exhaust wrap and turbo Bennie go first..

nissannewby
11th May 2016, 07:39 PM
Coils dropped off for powdercoating. $25ea. Starting cleaning the intake manifold while I have it apart. I hate ehr.

BigRAWesty
11th May 2016, 07:50 PM
Coils dropped off for powdercoating. $25ea. Starting cleaning the intake manifold while I have it apart. I hate ehr.
That's not a bad prices..
How will powder coat do with the coil flex?

nissannewby
11th May 2016, 08:02 PM
That's not a bad prices..
How will powder coat do with the coil flex?

Will be fine. I believe most coils are powdercoated anyway.

BigRAWesty
11th May 2016, 08:29 PM
Well had a productive arvo between the rain..
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/177.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/178.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/179.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/180.jpg

And spacers in and bag on!!!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/181.jpg

Clunk
11th May 2016, 08:37 PM
Well had a productive arvo between the rain..
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/177.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/178.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/179.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/180.jpg

And spacers in and bag on!!!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/181.jpg
Looks good mate, you should be puuting this stuff in your build thread..... if you haven't already done so

BigRAWesty
11th May 2016, 08:45 PM
Looks good mate, you should be puuting this stuff in your build thread..... if you haven't already done so
Getting there.. I prefer having mods complete before spamming my build thread lol..

Imo it's to big.. lol
Should have only gone maybe 150-180 wide.. not 250..

Clunk
11th May 2016, 09:41 PM
Getting there.. I prefer having mods complete before spamming my build thread lol..

Imo it's to big.. lol
Should have only gone maybe 150-180 wide.. not 250..
Furry muff

katwoman
11th May 2016, 11:15 PM
Started it, drove it out of the shed, drove it back in the shed. The end.

happygu
11th May 2016, 11:22 PM
Fitted this little ARE Beauty ..... before my standard intercooler let go altogether - it was just weeping in two corners a small amount.

Hodge
12th May 2016, 10:00 AM
Well done mate ARE are top intercooler. No leaks ahead.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

BigRAWesty
12th May 2016, 11:53 AM
Fitted this little ARE Beauty ..... before my standard intercooler let go altogether - it was just weeping in two corners a small amount.
Did you go the scoop aswell??

happygu
12th May 2016, 01:15 PM
Did you go the scoop aswell??

No Kallen,

I stuck with the Standard Scoop at this stage.

So far I am really impressed, and don't feel the need for a Fan or the bigger scoop, but time will tell, especially once the weather warms up, or I actually get out in the bush and put it in Low Range. It really seems to have flattened out the power curve, with best results from down low in the rev range ( which is what you want ).

The best thing is you can do it in stages as it doesn't matter.

BigRAWesty
12th May 2016, 01:34 PM
No Kallen,

So far I am really impressed, and don't feel the need for a Fan or the bigger scoop, but time will tell, especially once the weather warms up, or I actually get out in the bush and put it in Low Range. It really seems to have flattened out the power curve, with best results from down low in the rev range ( which is what you want ).

That is true..
I don't think you save much buy buying a "kit" over bits at a time..

mudski
13th May 2016, 07:44 PM
No Kallen,

Don't bother with the ARE scoop. I mean they are good but at the massive price tag you are better off buying a Fairline scoop like the one I have, and what Hodge just bought and fit that. I paid $365 for the fairline scoop and sold my ARE scoop, which was under half the size for $300. Paid $550 for it.

Robo
13th May 2016, 08:32 PM
Nothing it's the week end & time to drive it.
Truth, well vac a tub.

mudski
13th May 2016, 08:39 PM
Just fixed the side mirror death wobbles on the GUrl. Also removed the wipers and gave them a noo lick of paint while I was at it. Still gotta fix this noise coming from the drop box yet.

BigRAWesty
13th May 2016, 10:10 PM
Just fixed the side mirror death wobbles on the GUrl. Also removed the wipers and gave them a noo lick of paint while I was at it. Still gotta fix this noise coming from the drop box yet.
Changed my wipers too..
Also finally got my winch finished tonight.. rope is on..
Remote only atm but a in cab switch will be installed soon..

rusty00
13th May 2016, 11:04 PM
Don't bother with the ARE scoop. I mean they are good but at the massive price tag you are better off buying a Fairline scoop like the one I have, and what Hodge just bought and fit that. I paid $365 for the fairline scoop and sold my ARE scoop, which was under half the size for $300. Paid $550 for it.

Do you have some close up pics of the scoop and some pics how it is mounted?

happygu
13th May 2016, 11:05 PM

Thanks Mark,

I do prefer the look of the Fairline Scoop as it sculps well into the body, and most of the other scoops don't sit nearly as well on the car ......

mudski
14th May 2016, 10:27 AM
Do you have some close up pics of the scoop and some pics how it is mounted?
I don't have any close up pics... I'm still yet to finish off the underside of the bonnet and put the insulation back on.

Thanks Mark,

I do prefer the look of the Fairline Scoop as it sculps well into the body, and most of the other scoops don't sit nearly as well on the car ......

They do sit well but my only gripe is its about 10mm or so too long. You can just see in the pic it overhangs on the downward part of the bonnet. Only just. So you get a gap. Not a big gap but its there. No big deal really, I just filled it with white sikaflex.

nissannewby
15th May 2016, 06:09 PM
Engine mounts changed. Tidied up some stuff in the engine bay. Might go out and try and do the front control arm bushes.

Sir Roofy
16th May 2016, 04:41 PM
Tightened up the loose tail shaft bolts and put in a small divider in the drawer for sauce dish wash oil salt pepper

Rossco
16th May 2016, 04:43 PM
Tightened up the loose tail shaft bolts and put in a small divider in the drawer for sauce dish wash oil salt pepper
Were they the ones me and Markie did up? ?

Sir Roofy
16th May 2016, 05:13 PM

Ummmm could be the back ones just need a good nip up
the front first 3 a good nip up the 4th was hanging in there
but tight now:smiley_thumbs_up:

mudski
16th May 2016, 05:54 PM

Whats this me and Markie bizzo? I was just under there handing you spanners brother. Lol.
Its just Roofy's driving Rossco. He's a bloody lead foot.:driving2:

Rossco
16th May 2016, 06:19 PM
Whats this me and Markie bizzo? I was just under there handing you spanners brother. Lol.
Its just Roofy's driving Rossco. He's a bloody lead foot.:driving2:
Haha yeah couldn't remember if we both had a part in the tightening or not. They were pretty tight, that was what i was thinking too- driver error! ! . . .

Hodge
16th May 2016, 08:08 PM
Fired it up for the first time in week and a half, ran it for a bit then turned off. Another week and a half of sitting there now.
Beauty of having a work van.

Yendor
16th May 2016, 08:23 PM
Mine just sat in the naughty corner all day. It's was a bad Patrol on the weekend lol

Winnie
16th May 2016, 08:26 PM
I hope you gave it a stern talking to and maybe even a spanking?

Yendor
16th May 2016, 08:28 PM
I hope you gave it a stern talking to and maybe even a spanking?

If looks could kill... lol

nissannewby
16th May 2016, 08:30 PM
Got the drivers side radius arm bushes changed and the arm back in and all torqued up. Will hopefully get the passenger one done tonight. Then the sway bar will get new bushes and link pins. Wheel bearing will get am inspection and adjustment of necessary. And will hopefully pick up the new pump and injectors tomorrow night. All in time for my parts to arrive on wednesday.

mudski
16th May 2016, 08:44 PM
Got the drivers side radius arm bushes changed and the arm back in and all torqued up. Will hopefully get the passenger one done tonight. Then the sway bar will get new bushes and link pins. Wheel bearing will get am inspection and adjustment of necessary. And will hopefully pick up the new pump and injectors tomorrow night. All in time for my parts to arrive on wednesday.
Have i missed something here Mat? I thought you sold or selling your Patrol.

nissannewby
16th May 2016, 08:55 PM
Have i missed something here Mat? I thought you sold or selling your Patrol.

Yeah all the work is in prep of selling. It needed a fuel pump either way. It was so worn I had to get another case for it. Apart from the pump and injectors i have only spent 700 on parts to this point.

Ben-e-boy
16th May 2016, 09:01 PM
Yeah all the work is in prep of selling. It needed a fuel pump either way. It was so worn I had to get another case for it. Apart from the pump and injectors i have only spent 700 on parts to this point.

Wow.... and it still spooled the 7064 lol

nissannewby
16th May 2016, 09:04 PM
Wow.... and it still spooled the 7064 lol

Yep. And the timing control solenoid was shagged.

mudski
16th May 2016, 09:05 PM
Well atleast who ever buys it, they're not going to get a lemon or something that needs work. Well done.

Ben-e-boy
16th May 2016, 09:15 PM
Yep. And the timing control solenoid was shagged.

Haha, so not only would it be good to see it with a 12mm, it would be good to see with a functioning 11mm

Bacho86
17th May 2016, 04:52 PM
Washed and polished the GU up nice.... Still can't get rid of the real deep scratches but the rest of the body came up looking nice and shiny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodge
17th May 2016, 05:04 PM
Washed and polished the GU up nice.... Still can't get rid of the real deep scratches but the rest of the body came up looking nice and shiny!

Are you selling mate ?

Bacho86
17th May 2016, 05:52 PM
Are you selling mate ?

Nah not selling it mate. Was just well over due for a decent clean and polish and I had a few days off this week so thought I'd make the most of it.

macca
18th May 2016, 07:23 AM
Fitted a Hema HN7 a few weeks back where the Polaris reversing camera screen was, supposed to plug the camera cable straight in... no.

Odd plugs that dont match so got a Navman camera and fitted that yesterday and tested last night.

It's a great improvement being able to see behind the pod again, so afraid of hitting a child.

HN7 is Ok in the bush but as the paper maps are 1:25000 and the Hema 1:150000 the difference takes a little guess work to hope were on the correct track.

The old Garmin Nuvi with ozexplorer was better as it gives track names, but in the outback the Hema should come into its own. I am going to take the Garmin just in case.

Don't like the idea of adding systems and maps as everything fails when I do something like that.

Sir Roofy
18th May 2016, 12:00 PM
Supose to have done it yesterday but think I hurt my self
a tad doing the tail shaft
checking clutch for vacuum leak ,checked peddle pressure -ok
checked vacuum hose for pressure -ok
check hose from clutch servo unit check valve -ok
inspect lines from servo back to vac tank -ok
give hoses on top of tank a twist one solid the other
moved quite easy so put another hose clamp on and
now tight
tried the clutch again seems much better now phew
hope that saves a dollar

sooty_10
18th May 2016, 04:35 PM
Replaced lower control arms with HD ones.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/240.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/241.jpg

Tomorrow I'll replace the upper bushes, need to take the uppers out then drive to a mates dads workshop to use a press.

Anyone want some standard lower arms? In Bendigo, bushes actually look quite serviceable.

nissannewby
19th May 2016, 11:58 PM

So got the passenger arm done and back in and also torqued up. All my parts turned up yesterday. So turned up a press tool for the panhard bushes and rear control arm bushes. Picked up the injector pump last night as well. All going well I will get that in tomorrow night. Also tonight I replaced front panhard bushes, replaced front sway bar links and bushes, inspected and adjusted front wheel bearings and swapped the wheels over to the factory alloys with the new 265/75/16 Nitto terra grapplers.

blocko05
20th May 2016, 08:11 AM
Looks like you are putting in the hours there mate. Great job you are doing there. Looking forward to the end result.

morton2478
21st May 2016, 05:59 AM
Started pulling bits off the motor ready for the head removal what am i gunna find will it be major or will it be minor stress levels @ 85% and rising

nissannewby
21st May 2016, 10:12 AM
So got the passenger arm done and back in and also torqued up. All my parts turned up yesterday. So turned up a press tool for the panhard bushes and rear control arm bushes. Picked up the injector pump last night as well. All going well I will get that in tomorrow night. Also tonight I replaced front panhard bushes, replaced front sway bar links and bushes, inspected and adjusted front wheel bearings and swapped the wheels over to the factory alloys with the new 265/75/16 Nitto terra grapplers.

Last night was kind of productive. Efforts were hampered by a seized stainless bolt that I had to cut with only a hacksaw blade. I did however get the newly powdercoated springs back in with new insulators. Replaced lower control arm bushes and bolts. This also meant the bent arm got changed out. Didnt get the pump on but I will hopefully get all the engine stuff sorted over the weekend. Will be good if its driveable by tomorrow night. Then it will be slapped on the dyno during the week to see what gains have been had.

Winnie
21st May 2016, 10:20 AM
Gonna be an awesome car now Mat, gonna be real hard to sell it now.

gaddy
21st May 2016, 06:47 PM
Hung the front door from the shed roof , made doing the hinges so easy , and not have to disconnect any electrics :)http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/257.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/258.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

nissannewby
21st May 2016, 07:00 PM
Will borrow that idea. I have to do mine.

gaddy
21st May 2016, 08:09 PM
Will borrow that idea. I have to do mine.
Not shown in the photo but i put a couple of zip ties around the strap either side of the top of the window frame , held it secure once the door was unbolted , all up about half hour job , and no more creaking noises when taking off .

nissannewby
23rd May 2016, 06:58 PM
So yesterday I got the rear upper control bushes changed and torqued up all the rear control arm bolts (bolts were also replaced). Then went about installing the pump. Installed it, timed it, hooked all the fuel and cables up to it and set the tps. Fitted the new injectors and plumbed up all the lines. Refitted the nice and clean intake manifold. Fitted a new water pump. Fitted new seals on vac pump and installed.

And today. Fitted new drive belts for the ac, power steering and alternator. Fitted a new fan. Externally cleaned the radiator and refitted it. Filled the cooling system. Refitted the batteries and bled injector lines up. Fitted intercooler and run and bled the cooling system. Took it for a drive. Will hopefully get out soon and tackle the wiring.

Hodge
23rd May 2016, 07:00 PM
Sounds like you're aiming to get it on the road for the trip down this Fri/Sat Mat ? :P

nissannewby
23rd May 2016, 07:02 PM
Sounds like you're aiming to get it on the road for the trip down this Fri/Sat Mat ? :P

Haha. I doubt the patrol will be ready for that trip. Might have to fly and take a different car.

Hodge
23rd May 2016, 07:10 PM
Either way you've been pumping some hours into it. Sounds like it'll come up trumps!!

Throbbinhood
24th May 2016, 11:17 AM
Was going to tackle my starter motor and oil leak, but both seem to have resolved themselves.

Ended up fixing the sheath over my winch rope, fixing the wiring to my rear lights and a few other small bits and bobs.

jay see
24th May 2016, 02:42 PM
Got a couple things done today.

Oil + filter change. Be interested to see what PSI readings I get now.

New fuel filter. Is there an easier way to get them off. The last time I did it the slit the hose a little just to get the bugger off, If I keep doing it this way I'm going to run out of hose?

Cleaned MAF. Don't know why but I have never done this before. Hopefully this will fix my slight random flat spot when under load up around the 3-4k rpm.

Sorted out the lights, well found the problem at least.

BSRT.Beast
24th May 2016, 04:53 PM
I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed .... fingers crossed I can use the booth this weekend and put some colour on the old girl.

Well that''s if I can get it started, its been 13 weeks since its last start and I've had half the engine apart since then.

P.S. I might do a rebuild post with tons of picks once its finished.

Robo
24th May 2016, 05:23 PM
Got a couple things done today.

Oil + filter change. Be interested to see what PSI readings I get now.

New fuel filter. Is there an easier way to get them off. The last time I did it the slit the hose a little just to get the bugger off, If I keep doing it this way I'm going to run out of hose?

Cleaned MAF. Don't know why but I have never done this before. Hopefully this will fix my slight random flat spot when under load up around the 3-4k rpm.

Sorted out the lights, well found the problem at least.

Good idea to replace the old hard rubber fuel lines.
the older it gets the rubber loses its elasticity it can be prone to leaking or allowing air into system anyway.

jay see
24th May 2016, 10:10 PM
Good idea to replace the old hard rubber fuel lines.
the older it gets the rubber loses its elasticity it can be prone to leaking or allowing air into system anyway.

They're not hard and still have plenty of stretch in them, just bloody hard to get it off especially the out side of the filter. A drop of oil on the outside of the tube wouldn't do any harm would it?

nissannewby
24th May 2016, 10:44 PM
So yesterday I got the rear upper control bushes changed and torqued up all the rear control arm bolts (bolts were also replaced). Then went about installing the pump. Installed it, timed it, hooked all the fuel and cables up to it and set the tps. Fitted the new injectors and plumbed up all the lines. Refitted the nice and clean intake manifold. Fitted a new water pump. Fitted new seals on vac pump and installed.

And today. Fitted new drive belts for the ac, power steering and alternator. Fitted a new fan. Externally cleaned the radiator and refitted it. Filled the cooling system. Refitted the batteries and bled injector lines up. Fitted intercooler and run and bled the cooling system. Took it for a drive. Will hopefully get out soon and tackle the wiring.

Should have also mentioned the valves were checked as well at this time.

Today I redid all the wiring in the rear end. New tail lights mounted and wired up. Cleaned up amd re wired the trailer plugs. All connections are deutsch connectors. Looks a little busy but I used aome deutsch bussed connectors so no doubling up of wires. Each light has its own loom as does the 2 trailer plugs.

Also had a bit of a tinker with the new 12mm. Step in the right direction. Dyno tomorrow should sort it out.

Robo
25th May 2016, 02:52 AM
They're not hard and still have plenty of stretch in them, just bloody hard to get it off especially the out side of the filter. A drop of oil on the outside of the tube wouldn't do any harm would it?

whats the oil for on the outside of the fuel line, slippery, even harder to remove next time.
or can't see it conditioning the hose if that's what your thinking.

Hodge
31st May 2016, 07:46 PM
Wired up the intercooler fan and ripped out the rear fridge compartment. Forgot how much room I had before that lol. Car's about 50kg lighter too.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67156&stc=1

Bacho86
31st May 2016, 07:57 PM
Installed the wired up the torque converter lock up kit.

Nice bit of kit, well presented with clear vehicle specific instructions! My only gripe was that they could have provided some screws for the unit to complete the package.

Was annoying scourging around looking for screws that were small enough to fit the holes, but strong enough for the job!

Looking forward to trying it out in a couple weeks time

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/407.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/408.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/409.jpg

rusty00
1st June 2016, 09:56 PM
First auto service by Hallam autos.
Great service and cheap

Dan02
2nd June 2016, 02:53 PM
Picked up new 2.5mtre awning and titan draws from shop, have to wait till Patrol back from mechs to install though. Draw system going back - too damn heavy for me lol

Alitis007
2nd June 2016, 04:54 PM
Looked at where it's been parked since October last year.... Yeahp still there..... 67219

Touses
2nd June 2016, 05:08 PM
Looked at where it's been parked since October last year.... Yeahp still there..... 67219

Bloke that should be in the sad thread. Serious, no joke there.

Hodge
2nd June 2016, 06:36 PM
Just packed it for high country tomorrow! Few more hours of work and we're off ! Weather looking shit but oh well...

Bacho86
2nd June 2016, 07:16 PM
Just packed it for high country tomorrow! Few more hours of work and we're off ! Weather looking shit but oh well...

Enjoy mate, hope the weather holds out for you!!

Winnie
2nd June 2016, 07:18 PM
No time like the present to get it back on the road =)
Nobody likes driving a VU George.

taslucas
2nd June 2016, 07:33 PM
No body else has snapchatted me at 150 from a vu either.... Oops did I say that out loud?

>>>tappin from tassie

taslucas
2nd June 2016, 07:34 PM
George has been in my trol more recently than his hahaha

>>>tappin from tassie

Alitis007
3rd June 2016, 10:37 AM
Bloke that should be in the sad thread. Serious, no joke there.
Haha, nah it'll be sad if it never lives again... Time will tell [emoji16]

No time like the present to get it back on the road =)
Nobody likes driving a VU George.
You mean nobody drives a GU like me [emoji123][emoji123][emoji123]
My circumstances have changed in the last 12 months and funds aren't as easily accumulated with having new toys and more overheads haha.... Having to adult sucks balls hahahaa

No body else has snapchatted me at 150 from a vu either.... Oops did I say that out loud?

>>>tappin from tassie

The new blokes don't know lol!!! If it lives again I'll have to snap you at 200 if the paper weight will get there hahahaa!!

taslucas
3rd June 2016, 11:04 AM
If it lives again? I'm talking about the Ute. You haven't killed that already have you?

>>>tappin from tassie

Alitis007
3rd June 2016, 11:59 AM
If it lives again? I'm talking about the Ute. You haven't killed that already have you?

>>>tappin from tassie

Oh yeah true lol brain fart, my bad hahaa!! Umm no, not yet.... It is loosing power and the suspension is starting to bottom out at $1.50 now soooo....
Oh and Winnie you're right no one likes driving a vu but it's got a killer sound system, well actually a half decent one so the bass makes up for dragging my balls around in that low rider haha

Winnie
3rd June 2016, 12:37 PM
I've been having fun putting the new Fatz airbox in. Thought I might get away with my battery tray where it was but I had to move it a fair bit in the end.

mudski
3rd June 2016, 03:17 PM
Put it over the scales today. 2940kg. What a fattie!

rusty00
4th June 2016, 06:25 PM
Rear door table fitted6725567256

mudski
6th June 2016, 03:54 PM
Rear door table fitted6725567256
What thickness chequer plate did you use? Does it flex with any weight on it?
This is something is really want to do.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

rusty00
6th June 2016, 07:12 PM
What thickness chequer plate did you use? Does it flex with any weight on it?
This is something is really want to do.

3mm, with the welded strip and the shape of the strip it is very strong.
I used a bread board and cut block cheese on it and it worked a treat.
I have SS cable crimped covered in heat shrink.
Will give it a 5 day test in the high country this weekend.

mudski
7th June 2016, 09:38 AM
Well done. Pretty much exactly what I want to do. Except have the table fold out again to the side so the table is twice as long. Just need to figure out a collapsible support leg and how to make it work and look good.

garett
7th June 2016, 12:23 PM
started making my centre consul boxy thingy lets wait and see what it ends up looking like

mudski
7th June 2016, 12:42 PM
started making my centre consul boxy thingy lets wait and see what it ends up looking like
Hows this. I get a message on my eBay store. Some wanting me to get them an ash tray and centre console lid. I priced them up and gave the lead time, he said not to worry as he got them made using a 3d printer. Crazy!

Touses
7th June 2016, 12:46 PM
mudski been meaning to ask, what happened to your sig, the NADS stuff etc?

Throbbinhood
7th June 2016, 02:27 PM
Meant to post this on Saturday night, thought I did but didn't hit send.

Took it to Toolangi, got it muddy, let her bounce on limiter like a good rb30 should! Then gave her a nice wash on the way home and put her away for a bit of TLC before the next trip. Oh and put a rock through a tyre, hopefully it can be plugged.

garett
7th June 2016, 04:07 PM
Hows this. I get a message on my eBay store. Some wanting me to get them an ash tray and centre console lid. I priced them up and gave the lead time, he said not to worry as he got them made using a 3d printer. Crazy!

no printer here good old fashioned ply and ali and later might even cover it with some material....or just go for that industrial look.

BigRAWesty
10th June 2016, 11:15 PM
Had an ok win today..
Cat is in.
High temp paint on and wrapped..

Tomorrow hopefully get a good start on the gauges..
Not sure if I'll buy a threaded barb or an intercooler adapter yet..
$30 is a fair hit..

On another issue I'm stuck on an oil point. Supposedly one above the starter motor but can't find it..
The one next to the oil filter is do able about has a heat shroud over it which is a pita..
Anyway. It'll happen..

mudski
11th June 2016, 08:58 AM
Blew the rear diff this morning. Cracked the housing open...Right in the middle of a main intersection. On a long weekend too.
Yay!

Touses
11th June 2016, 09:05 AM
Blew the rear diff this morning. Cracked the housing open...Right in the middle of a main intersection. On a long weekend too.
Yay!

What the hell were you doing to crack the bloody housing?

MB
11th June 2016, 09:11 AM
Blew the rear diff this morning. Cracked the housing open...Right in the middle of a main intersection. On a long weekend too. Yay! Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk
You so funny Mr Mudski, no way !!

mudski
11th June 2016, 09:43 AM
What the hell were you doing to crack the bloody housing?
Going slow. Just got into second going across an intersection and it went bang and the back wheels locked up.
Managed to get across and took a look and oil everywhere. Split the housing.
I reckon the pinion bearing let got and the pinion gear shifted and jammed against the housing.
Managed to get a centre already and delivered to me.
Nice and cold. Fun weekend ahead.

You so funny Mr Mudski, no way !!

Not so funny mate. There goes my funds towards the 4inch intake i was saving for.

MB
11th June 2016, 09:47 AM
Bloody hell, no good mate, sorry to hear, honestly thought you were stirring up Westy.

Touses
11th June 2016, 09:52 AM
So the bearing let go without warning? Find it hard to believe there wasn't some sort of signal. Bearings on their way out growl n squeal n carry on.

Not being cynical here, trying to understand the sit'. Storing up other folks experiences like scrat on an acorn.

BigRAWesty
11th June 2016, 09:53 AM
Going slow. Just got into second going across an intersection and it went bang and the back wheels locked up.
Managed to get across and took a look and oil everywhere. Split the housing.
I reckon the pinion bearing let got and the pinion gear shifted and jammed against the housing.
Managed to get a centre already and delivered to me.
Nice and cold. Fun weekend ahead.

Not so funny mate. There goes my funds towards the 4inch intake i was saving for.

Fark.. that's insane..
To much power!!!!!

Hodge
11th June 2016, 10:16 AM
That's so shit Mark. That things got too many berries.
As per my sms I'll come give you a hand pending when I finish work etc. ..

MB
11th June 2016, 10:21 AM
Fark.. that's insane.. To much power!!!!!
Hey Westy, he did mention he was "Going Slow" I'm like Touses just amazed now it's happened to the poor bugger and keen to learn more in time for all our benefit. It was a kind thing you did minutes earlier in another thread finding JoeG I believe a new leafy big ass end, well done!

BigRAWesty
11th June 2016, 01:00 PM
Hey Westy, he did mention he was "Going Slow" I'm like Touses just amazed now it's happened to the poor bugger and keen to learn more in time for all our benefit. It was a kind thing you did minutes earlier in another thread finding JoeG I believe a new leafy big ass end, well done!
Hopefully he sees it before it's gone..

Makka
11th June 2016, 01:10 PM
installed the new injectors but still have a knock ......... it is blowing heaps of white smoke im thinking when they did the head if they stuffed something up ....................

nissannewby
11th June 2016, 01:16 PM
Fark.. that's insane..
To much power!!!!!

No.

Poor workmanship on assembly or incorrect oil used.

taslucas
11th June 2016, 01:20 PM
No.

Yeah aren't these ment to be the toughest diffs out there? Something can't be right.

>>>tappin from tassie

mudski
11th June 2016, 03:26 PM
No.

Yeah well it was a simple remove and refit and we did use the correct oil.

Ever since doing the diff swap i had a very quiet hum coming from the rear. Only when coasting, not off or hard on the pedal.
It was quiet but it was there. I jad changed the diff oil three times since last September. Each the oil was clean.
So yeah. Dunno. Its happened. Im dealing with it.
Got a diff from the wreckers this morning, got my driver to go down and pick it up.
The driver gets back, wrong diff. Ugh.
They reckon they have the correct one and will deliver it this arvo.
Got a feeling that one wont be right...

mudski
11th June 2016, 04:37 PM

Sir Roofy
11th June 2016, 04:43 PM
New centre and weld up the hole
bet that had the pucker grab the seat

gaddy
11th June 2016, 05:33 PM
Full service ,all oils , top to bottom and under check, gave the van a good once over , checked it's bearings, ready for a couple a thousand outback ks , bring on that red dirt & sunsets !

BigRAWesty
11th June 2016, 06:04 PM
Here I was expecting to see a diff center opened up like a stick of C4 had gone off in it....
I feel let down........
Lol..

On an up note gauges are in and good..
Still yet to connect boost as I'm not sure what avenue I'm gunna take..
Thinking a barb tapped into the side of the intercooler front tank would be best. Catch pressure at the cool end..

Tomorrow going for a drive to will test the egt's..

On an side note the cat hasn't rid the over spooling.. it's made it better but it's still there.. (according to scangauge..)
I'll get the boost gauge going first to see what's actually happening before going external control..
But the cat has made it a bit quieter which is a good thing..
But I waved by by to the sweet turbo whistle...... twas fun while it lasted...

BigRAWesty
11th June 2016, 06:07 PM
Bloody hell.. pictures!!!
The gauges are not as orange as pictured. More red like the scangauge..
But I may swap to a duller colour for night driving..
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/172.jpg

And the wicked oil T from vdo.
It's a barb one end and threaded the other and bottom..
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/173.jpg

Happy it's finally getting done..

mudski
12th June 2016, 05:23 PM
Finished the new diff centre install in between helping the missus with ripping out the ensuite.
Took it for a drive and the first thing i noticed is how quiet this diff is compared to the other diff.
The other diff had noise from day one. This one is really quiet.
Now its Jack and Coke time!

mudski
12th June 2016, 05:29 PM
New centre and weld up the hole
bet that had the pucker grab the seat
Yeah i dunno what to do with this centre now.
Could the hole be welded up? If so it might be worth doing and getting mew gears for it and a air locker or something. Or just throw the thing out.

Here I was expecting to see a diff center opened up like a stick of C4 had gone off in it....
I feel let down........
Lol..

On an side note the cat hasn't rid the over spooling.

The bang it made Kallen at 15kph was enough to make you nearly poo a little.
I hate to think what would have happened if i was going 80ks.

What made you think the cat would stop over spooling?

BigRAWesty
12th June 2016, 05:36 PM
Yeah i dunno what to do with this centre now.
Could the hole be welded up? If so it might be worth doing and getting mew gears for it and a air locker or something. Or just throw the thing out.

The bang it made Kallen at 15kph was enough to make you nearly poo a little.
I hate to think what would have happened if i was going 80ks.

What made you think the cat would stop over spooling?

A bit extra back pressure..
And the bloke from Scott's rods said it would lol..
It has a touch..
I'm only seeing a 5 psi over now (worst I've seen) on the scangauge.. not double like I was before..
I'll get the external gauge going first for actual pressure and not calculated to see what's really happening..
Egt's stayed at 250-280 ish while cruzing at 100km/h..

Also if that's the only hole hammer it back down and patch it. Easily done..
But yea unless you wanna lokka it it's probably worth more as scrap metal..

mudski
12th June 2016, 06:34 PM
To be honest. I think your pissing against the wind mate. Get rid of the Ecu boost control and enjoy the fun times with controlled boost.

michaelgreeny
12th June 2016, 09:16 PM
Pulled the winch off to have a look inside before doing the first proper 4x4 trip since buying the patrol after I couldn't get it to free spool. Glad I did, got rid of a ton of rust and oiled everything up, good as new!
Pulled off recovery points and diff guards, stripped and repainted. Gotta love some red under the floor.

BigRAWesty
12th June 2016, 11:53 PM
To be honest. I think your pissing against the wind mate. Get rid of the Ecu boost control and enjoy the fun times with controlled boost.

I'm not eliminating the option. Just prefer not to do it if needed..

mudski
13th June 2016, 12:20 AM
Why? Your only going to benefit from it.

BigRAWesty
13th June 2016, 12:57 PM
Why? Your only going to benefit from it.
It's just more stuff...
And as you know now, tis illegal..
Might use black tube. Bit less obvious..

nissannewby
13th June 2016, 01:41 PM
It's just more stuff...
And as you know now, tis illegal..
Might use black tube. Bit less obvious..

Ecu remap.....

BigRAWesty
13th June 2016, 01:44 PM
Ecu remap.....
Will that assist the over boost though?
Thought re maps were aimed at increasing boost and fuel figures..

nissannewby
13th June 2016, 01:45 PM
Will that assist the over boost though?
Thought re maps were aimed at increasing boost and fuel figures..

Yes it can...

BigRAWesty
13th June 2016, 01:46 PM
Yes it can...
Can or will???
I have thought about a re map..
Save forking out for vales and a chip..
Just map it..

nissannewby
13th June 2016, 01:49 PM
Can or will???
Just map it..

It can and will with the right tuner doing it. EGR can also be deleted.

BigRAWesty
13th June 2016, 02:01 PM
It can and will with the right tuner doing it. EGR can also be deleted.
Yea have read that too..
Shut it off for good..
So....
Who to see.. and $$$$$

Hodge
13th June 2016, 02:44 PM

I'm not eliminating the option. Just prefer not to do it if needed..

Probably the best thing I've ever done to my 3L. Getting rid of the stupid ECU yoyo boost and making it all nice and linear with the needle and dawes (and eventually) a wastegate setup, made the best difference to the cars drive-ability among all the other mods.
When I done the needle/dawes, I was kicking my self for not doing it earlier.

Hodge
13th June 2016, 02:47 PM
Just changed oil and filters. I was about 2500km over, but all is good now. Had a bit of a hassle with right size sump washer (again), but got int in the end.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67504&stc=1

Chubba
14th June 2016, 06:12 PM
Rotated and balanced the MaxTreks.

Hodge
14th June 2016, 06:24 PM
Rolled out all the winch rope to dry it out and have a look. Inspected all the winch connections, etc...
Dried out all the awning from the wet camping weekend before. Found out one of the horizontal poles isn't sticking when twisted. Maybe wet? Don't know.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67538&stc=1

threedogs
14th June 2016, 06:28 PM
Can or will???
Just map it..

Im very happy with performance from a DP chip [5]
and dawes and needle valve. getting 15 towing [hwy]
and 12 around town and full 3" system.
I wouldnt go the CC intercooler on the ZD30 as I just dont think the gains per $$$$ are there.
My EGTs are great just using a diesel smart tigged intercooler, but you will need a new IC

threedogs
14th June 2016, 06:46 PM
Fitted this water temp sender adaptor.
Only needed to cut 25mm out of the top hose.
Also used a 12mm to 4mm terminal cover to
neaten it up a bit as well

mudski
14th June 2016, 09:42 PM
Im confused John. What was wrong with the one you drilled into the thermostat housing?

Clunk
14th June 2016, 10:11 PM
Rolled out all the winch rope to dry it out and have a look. Inspected all the winch connections, etc...
Dried out all the awning from the wet camping weekend before. Found out one of the horizontal poles isn't sticking when twisted. Maybe wet? Don't know.

Have the same issue with one of mine, doesn't stick where it needs to but does in other parts of the tube. I'm thinking that the inside diameter of the tube has increased slightly, so not sure hoe to fix it

Hodge
14th June 2016, 10:13 PM
Have the same issue with one of mine, doesn't stick where it needs to but does in other parts of the tube. I'm thinking that the inside diameter of the tube has increased slightly, so not sure hoe to fix it
I have that issue with the other tubes. Annoying! But this bastard today won't lock anywhere. ..

Clunk
14th June 2016, 10:14 PM
I have that issue with the other tubes. Annoying! But this bastard today won't lock anywhere. ..

Can you ruffen up the gnarly bit

Hodge
15th June 2016, 09:30 AM
Can you ruffen up the gnarly bit
I'll give it a shot . Might still be very wet on the inside. Hence not griping. Awning endured a ton of rain 2 weekends ago.
I know I can just walk in and get replacement poles no question asked anyway so not really bothered too much just annoying.

mudski
15th June 2016, 09:35 AM
I'll give it a shot . Might still be very wet on the inside. Hence not griping. Awning endured a ton of rain 2 weekends ago.
I know I can just walk in and get replacement poles no question asked anyway so not really bothered too much just annoying.

I reckon its just wet inside the pole. Mine did the same. Either that or when you tighten it up you do it too tight and its stretched the inside of the pole just enough for it not to catch.

Stropp
15th June 2016, 12:40 PM

i had that problem and all i did was rough up that nut on the end of the pole shown with the pattern on it with a bit of rough sandpaper.

Sir Roofy
15th June 2016, 03:41 PM
Im confused John. What was wrong with the one you drilled into the thermostat housing?

This will only cause more over heating all these gadgets and attachments just to much weight
to drag around

Woof
15th June 2016, 06:55 PM
Removed stuffed under bonnet air compressor

Bacho86
15th June 2016, 08:51 PM
Had the airbags replaced under safety recall this morning

mudski
15th June 2016, 10:15 PM
Had the airbags replaced under safety recall this morning

I have a leather steering wheel from a 2006 Patrol in my 2001. You reckon they include mine? Lol.

Spannerdriver
19th June 2016, 12:56 AM
Today (yesterday now) I broke down my spare RD28 I bought for its head and injectors, for my new (to my ownership) RD28 GQ that I bought for $1500 admittedly with a blower head

BigRAWesty
19th June 2016, 07:55 PM
Well not my car but..
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/235.jpg
35's are big.. they are flush down the sides and there will be about 40mm between em..
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/236.jpg

And we've decided to tilt them..
He has a canopy which goes between the dog box and spares so tilting them will fill the gap a bit more...
And imo I think they look good tilted...
More aggressive..
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/237.jpg

mudski
20th June 2016, 02:05 PM
Wasn't today but Saturday night with the help of half a bottle of Jack. Lol
I removed the projected HID lights and put back in the stockies.... And I hate them already. Lol

sooty_10
20th June 2016, 10:17 PM
Wasn't today but Saturday night with the help of half a bottle of Jack. Lol
I removed the projected HID lights and put back in the stockies.... And I hate them already. Lol
Whats the reasoning for going back?

Hodge
20th June 2016, 10:45 PM
Whats the reasoning for going back?

He's getting it ready for engineering. The ones he had won't pass.

mudski
20th June 2016, 10:48 PM
^^^^^^
What he said.
So I'll clean them up and sell them. To much effort to put them back in. Gonna be a sad day.

sooty_10
20th June 2016, 10:54 PM
^^^^^^
What he said.
So I'll clean them up and sell them. To much effort to put them back in. Gonna be a sad day.
Makes sense. Was hoping you weren't selling out or if you had got a canary for them. Good to hear neither.

jay see
21st June 2016, 12:03 AM
And I hate them already. Lol

Have you driven it at night yet. I'll hate to be in the car with you when you do..

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

mudski
21st June 2016, 10:59 AM
Makes sense. Was hoping you weren't selling out or if you had got a canary for them. Good to hear neither.

Nah wont be selling this car mate. No canary too. I have even been through two RTA stops and both times they didn't say anything. But to get the engineers I had to remove them. There was a lot of wiring I had done extra to instal these and to put them back will be just a big headache. So I will sell these and put the coin towards a better intake system.

Have you driven it at night yet. I'll hate to be in the car with you when you do..

No not yet. I need to adjust them. The LHS one is trying to spot possums. Lol.

garett
21st June 2016, 12:52 PM
quick coat a paint under the wheel arches man i found lots of dirt in the front spring hangers... grow a garden init.

mudski
21st June 2016, 03:55 PM
Had to remove the rh rear tail light and dry the inside out of water and seal it up.
I then saw the rubber plug on the bottom of the gaurd and realised that where the constant drip of water is coming from. I removed the plug and nothing. It was full of mud in there. So i shoved the hose down in via the tail light section in the rear gaurd and removed a ship load of mud. The other side wasn't so bad. But got a clean too.

threedogs
22nd June 2016, 02:26 PM
Sitting in the Patrol waiting for the wife to finish up ,I think Ive found a great spot for those baintech style Dual USB ports.
Behind the lower gauge I think there is plenty of room. will mean no more leads running different gear going every where.
Even thinking of putting one on the LHS pillar moulding.

Hodge
22nd June 2016, 02:34 PM
Wasn't your car off the road TD ? I thought it had a blown head / gasket or did I miss you getting it fixed.
Thumbs up for getting it back on the road!

Rossco
22nd June 2016, 09:30 PM
Picked up the GQ the other day but paid for the thing today. Very a pleasant surprise was a lot less damage ($$) than i expected really.☺ Full service ready (nearly) for dessert trip new calipers rebuilt and new braided lines put on. Much better pedal feel now a lot more firm and it definatly needed a proper bleed. Pickled up a brand new 35 for a second spare for a steal as it was just out off spec for balancing too. Great service as usual from YV4WD.
Just need to get new tie rod and fix leaking power steering box that's been leaking for ever plus a few other little odds and sods . .

Bacho86
22nd June 2016, 10:28 PM
Picked up the GQ the other day but paid for the thing today. Very a pleasant surprise was a lot less damage ($$) than i expected really.☺ Full service ready (nearly) for dessert trip new calipers rebuilt and new braided lines put on. Much better pedal feel now a lot more firm and it definatly needed a proper bleed. Pickled up a brand new 35 for a second spare for a steal as it was just out off spec for balancing too. Great service as usual from YV4WD.
Just need to get new tie rod and fix leaking power steering box that's been leaking for ever plus a few other little odds and sods . .

Did you end up getting all your 12mm pump performance issues sorted out.... or did I miss that?

Rossco
22nd June 2016, 10:35 PM
Did you end up getting all your 12mm pump performance issues sorted out.... or did I miss that?

Nah still going with that. Performance is all sorted now just temperamental starting. Got a bit over it all and a bit hard being busy with work and all but I'll have to get on it soon. .

nissannewby
23rd June 2016, 12:08 AM
Nah still going with that. Performance is all sorted now just temperamental starting. Got a bit over it all and a bit hard being busy with work and all but I'll have to get on it soon. .

Gonna send it up here?

Rossco
23rd June 2016, 07:33 AM
Gonna send it up here?
Not a bad idea actually. Guess I should persevere with Andy seeing as I've put $$ into it already with him. . Just need to get off my butt first !

threedogs
23rd June 2016, 11:09 AM
Wasn't your car off the road TD ? I thought it had a blown head / gasket or did I miss you getting it fixed.
Thumbs up for getting it back on the road!

I'm still mobile,,,, for how long is anyones guess.
Still good power ,fuel etc, lol

Throbbinhood
23rd June 2016, 11:55 AM
Found a little bit of surface rust on a dint from the previous owner (in the roof). Gave it a sand and clean, then hit it with some rust reformer that also acts as a flat black topcoat. I'll find some nail polish in a similar color to the roof and top it off with that when I get the chance.

Chappy
27th June 2016, 09:30 PM
Dropped her off to get front and rear scrub bars made up. Can't wait to see the result!

Winnie
27th June 2016, 09:40 PM
Dropped her off to get front and rear scrub bars made up. Can't wait to see the result!
Nice! Be keen to see pics when it's done mate

Punderhead
27th June 2016, 09:49 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/291.jpg

I painted my grill black, and cleaned the ute out, getting it ready for winter wheel!

Cheers!

mudski
28th June 2016, 08:47 PM
Put my muffler back on, removed the roof rack and rear drawers, ready for the engies cert and RWC coming up. Just need to remove the winch, mainly because I want to access the control box to remote wire a switch in cab, and I need to remove the catch can too for the RWC. Then its ready.

rusty00
28th June 2016, 10:03 PM
Booked in for castor correction bushes and spacers to push the front diff forward so I can have mud flaps again.

Chappy
28th June 2016, 10:20 PM
Nice! Be keen to see pics when it's done mate
Front bars are coming along nicely

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/298.jpg

pjhsv
28th June 2016, 10:55 PM
Picked it up from the mechanic with a new engine! Wooooo!!!!

Bacho86
29th June 2016, 08:54 PM
Brought the patrol a stable mate home!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/303.jpg

Hodge
30th June 2016, 07:49 AM

Nice one mate. That's a Qashqai yeah ? We're getting the missus either that or the x trail same color to match the 4.2 lol.

Bacho86
30th June 2016, 08:58 AM
Nice one mate. That's a Qashqai yeah ? We're getting the missus either that or the x trail same color to match the 4.2 lol.

Yeh the Qashqai (replacement of the old dualis). Decent car, the CVT auto takes a bit of getting use to if you haven't driven one before.

Two white nissans would look very nice parked out front! Lol

mudski
30th June 2016, 04:50 PM

Nice car there Nathan. The missus needs a new car and we are looking at this or the Kia Sportage.

mudski
30th June 2016, 04:52 PM
I just finished a full service on my Patrol. Oil, fuel and air. I'm giving the Valvoline XLD armour a crack this time. Hodge, I have about 2.5ltrs left of the Castrol Magnatec Diesel here mate you can have... Your using this now yeah?

Hodge
30th June 2016, 05:00 PM
I just finished a full service on my Patrol. Oil, fuel and air. I'm giving the Valvoline XLD armour a crack this time. Hodge, I have about 2.5ltrs left of the Castrol Magnatec Diesel here mate you can have... Your using this now yeah?
Yeah giving that a go now mate.
Why the change???

nissannewby
30th June 2016, 06:51 PM
Nice car there Nathan. The missus needs a new car and we are looking at this or the Kia Sportage.

If I were in the market its hard to go past the 7 year unlimited km warranty from kia

Bacho86
30th June 2016, 08:12 PM

Thanks mark. They're a nice car, finished off well and fit in my budget for work - but there's a few things I'd like to improve / change (all small and minor things) if I had a chance.

But for what I need, it'll work for the next couple years

If I were in the market its hard to go past the 7 year unlimited km warranty from kia

Yeh I'd have to agree, my boss has got a Kia and they are great value for money with what you get. A fair bit larger inside as well.

Think the Kia is a bit more expensive unless you're were looking at the Ti Qashqai?

mudski
30th June 2016, 08:14 PM
Yeah. The Kia is a bloody nice car too and the warranty is a big plus.

Yeah giving that a go now mate.
Why the change???

A change is a good as a holiday. ... i wanted to go a semi synthetic oil this time and see how it goes.

nissannewby
30th June 2016, 08:18 PM
Yeah I never though I would see the day a hyundai would catch my eye but I saw a santa fe R the other day. Nice black wheels hugging brembo stoppers. Hyundai have a 5 year unlimited km warranty as well, subaru as well.

jay see
30th June 2016, 08:27 PM
Yeah I never though I would see the day a hyundai would catch my eye but I saw a santa fe R the other day. Nice black wheels hugging brembo stoppers. Hyundai have a 5 year unlimited km warranty as well, subaru as well.
I like the Hyundai i45 got a bit of a Prestige look about them.

Chappy
30th June 2016, 09:20 PM
Nothing I did myself but a few updates on my sliders

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/304.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/305.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/306.jpg

mudski
30th June 2016, 10:21 PM
Who bent them up mate?

Chappy
30th June 2016, 11:39 PM
Adam Hart, Hart Attack Fabrications in Whittlesea. Really good bloke and an excellent price.

ando89
1st July 2016, 06:52 AM
Drained out the main tank as i had a woops monent,I put the bottle of radiator flush in the fuel tank instead of in the radiator. Yes i did have a bottle on injector cleaner sitting right next to it. I now have to replace the fuel pump and drain the sub tank and possibly replace the transfer pump. anyone wanna do it for me?

rusty_nail
1st July 2016, 12:20 PM
I like the Hyundai i45 got a bit of a Prestige look about them.

i have the i40 wagon, which is the euro version of the i45(which is aimed at the US market), they are very nice inside, they feel very executive. i have the diesel model and it gets 5-7 Litres per 100k cant say i have any complaints with it yet and weve had ours for 4 months.

jay see
1st July 2016, 01:34 PM
i have the i40 wagon, which is the euro version of the i45(which is aimed at the US market), they are very nice inside, they feel very executive. i have the diesel model and it gets 5-7 Litres per 100k cant say i have any complaints with it yet and weve had ours for 4 months.
See we have similar taste in motor vehicles.

rusty_nail
1st July 2016, 02:44 PM
See we have similar taste in motor vehicles.

yeah mate, i actually am very impressed with it. very affordable, and quite refined. just dont follow the servicing guidelines, my mechanic informed me the service guidelines arent really designed to keep the vehicles running, just to keep them running until they warranty is over.

Clunk
1st July 2016, 06:47 PM

yep me too...... been looking at the Kia Sorrento too coz they're a bit bigger and more suited to us with the 3 kids.

But I'd prefer the Suburu Outback 3.6R

boots
1st July 2016, 06:53 PM
Six monthly service today , oil & filter , rotate tyres , grease , maf sensor clean , hook up the glow plug relay for the oncoming winter . 4b is going great .

drz400y
1st July 2016, 06:53 PM
Not my patrol, my brother. GU 2.8. Pistons back in, sump on, head assembled, valves shimmed, head back on, injectors fitted, front seals replaced, timed and belt fitted.

drz400y
1st July 2016, 06:54 PM
Tomorrow is intake and exhaust manifolds, new chra and ancillaries fitted. Hopefully get it out of my hair by mid afternoon

nissannewby
1st July 2016, 07:01 PM
yep me too...... been looking at the Kia Sorrento too coz they're a bit bigger and more suited to us with the 3 kids.

Yeah im liking the outbacks as well. I sat in one recently and they are very nice with heaps of room

mudnut
1st July 2016, 07:01 PM
Whimped out and got the Trident tyre mob to put new brake pads in and grease the slides because the brakes had started making a clunking noise a minute or two after parking. The mechanic showed me that there is still plenty of meat on the pads, but the rotors are just about toast. The D/S outer side of rotor is a couple of mm thinner than the inboard side. He put the old pads back in, so now I am saving for new rotors.

mudski
2nd July 2016, 04:23 PM
Drove out to Wattle Glen to look at a property. With the standard paper air filter in the motor is really asthmatic now. I'm amazed at the difference from the K & N to this. Definitely now time for the intake upgrade.

Winnie
2nd July 2016, 04:27 PM
Ordered the 12mm fuel pump with huge thanks to nissannewby

Rossco
2nd July 2016, 04:30 PM
Ordered the 12mm fuel pump with huge thanks to nissannewby
Oooh look out. . .

AB
2nd July 2016, 04:45 PM
Ordered the 12mm fuel pump with huge thanks to nissannewby You'll love it Winnie!!!

BigRAWesty
2nd July 2016, 05:13 PM
Tillix install..
Gotta keep up some how

jay see
2nd July 2016, 08:07 PM
yeah mate, i actually am very impressed with it. very affordable, and quite refined. just dont follow the servicing guidelines, my mechanic informed me the service guidelines arent really designed to keep the vehicles running, just to keep them running until they warranty is over.
Isn't that always the case.

jay see
2nd July 2016, 08:10 PM

Took an older model outback for a test drive and was surprised how well is sat on the road.

Clunk
2nd July 2016, 08:20 PM
Took an older model outback for a test drive and was surprised how well is sat on the road.

Outback is definitively my preference but with the 3 kids, things will get a bit tight on the back seat and I would dearly like to keep my sanity for the next 5-8 years or so...... the 7 seater is the way to go for now anyway

Stropp
3rd July 2016, 11:48 PM
Outback is definitively my preference but with the 3 kids, things will get a bit tight on the back seat and I would dearly like to keep my sanity for the next 5-8 years or so...... the 7 seater is the way to go for now anyway

Aaah I see a Toyota Torago in your future ��

Clunk
4th July 2016, 01:42 AM
Aaah I see a Toyota Torago in your future 😳
Prado mate, Prado [emoji12]

rusty_nail
4th July 2016, 08:01 AM
My sister has an outback, we drove it from Sydney to Perth in 3 days and it was very comfy. My thoughts are they are a great car for a mid size family

Sent from my bar of soap with a piece of string

Clunk
4th July 2016, 01:34 PM
My sister has an outback, we drove it from Sydney to Perth in 3 days and it was very comfy. My thoughts are they are a great car for a mid size family

Yeah great for 2 adults 2 kids, not so great for 3 kids on the back seat..... daad her arm touched my arm, daddd his breathing is too noisy, daaaaaad daaaaad daaaaad etcetera etcetera etcetera

nissannewby
4th July 2016, 02:39 PM
Yeah great for 2 adults 2 kids, not so great for 3 kids on the back seat..... daad her arm touched my arm, daddd his breathing is too noisy, daaaaaad daaaaad daaaaad etcetera etcetera etcetera

Get a limo screen fitted and drive in peace....

jay see
4th July 2016, 02:42 PM
Or take it in turns leaving one behind...

Clunk
4th July 2016, 11:44 PM

Or take it in turns leaving one behind...

Im goin to get a nice big roll of pallet wrap and wrap the little shits up individually and see how that works

Avo
4th July 2016, 11:50 PM

buy a ute and get a cage fitted...we know his sort......

jay see
5th July 2016, 04:49 PM
Im goin to get a nice big roll of pallet wrap and wrap the little shits up individually and see how that works
Ha. Find funny you say that, that's what we make at work. How much do you want and what colour..

Bacho86
6th July 2016, 08:43 PM
Just had the 150km service completed @ATOC and got the fan belt tensioner replaced as well, so fingers crossed no more annoying belt squeal in the morning!!

Hodge
6th July 2016, 08:47 PM
Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Just had the 150km service completed @ATOC and got the fan belt tensioner replaced as well, so fingers crossed no more annoying belt squeal in the morning!!

Great place that. That's where I had my tower braces fitted on the 3L.

mudski
7th July 2016, 04:08 PM
Charged the main battery. Again....

Bacho86
7th July 2016, 08:25 PM

Great place that. That's where I had my tower braces fitted on the 3L.[/QUOTE]

Yeh they've been pretty good, I had my rear main seal replaced there last year and thought I'd give them a go for the service as well.

Gave me a couple other things that'll need fixing soon too, so I may be back there sooner rather than later - unless
someone has a 12t press and can refit some bushes for me lol!! [emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

taslucas
7th July 2016, 09:29 PM
Put rego on it!

>>>tappin from tassie

mudski
7th July 2016, 10:52 PM
Yeh they've been pretty good, I had my rear main seal replaced there last year and thought I'd give them a go for the service as well.

Gave me a couple other things that'll need fixing soon too, so I may be back there sooner rather than later - unless
someone has a 12t press and can refit some bushes for me lol!! [emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

I got a 12T press. :)

Bacho86
8th July 2016, 05:32 PM

hmm interesting... I may come knocking on your door soon!! hahaha

BigRAWesty
8th July 2016, 05:56 PM
Mines 16t. ..
😆

mudnut
8th July 2016, 05:57 PM
Re-laid the winch cable and sprayed it with rust and moisture suppressor.

Bacho86
8th July 2016, 07:54 PM
Mines 16t. ..
[emoji38]

I think mark is a lot closer drive for me though! Lol

mudski
8th July 2016, 07:54 PM
Mines 16t. ..
😆

And you're how many k's away? :p

mudski
8th July 2016, 07:55 PM
hmm interesting... I may come knocking on your door soon!! hahaha

To easy mate....

BigRAWesty
8th July 2016, 07:55 PM
I think mark is a lot closer drive for me though! Lol

And you're how many k's away? :p
A few k's lol.. Meh. .

nissannewby
8th July 2016, 08:00 PM
Mines 16t. ..
😆

Mines 20t and have a 150t at work. The weather is much nicer up here :)

BigRAWesty
8th July 2016, 08:01 PM
Mines 20t and have a 150t at work. The weather is much nicer up here :)
That's what I miss about a small work shop. .

nissannewby
8th July 2016, 08:06 PM
That's what I miss about a small work shop. .

I didnt know there was big workshops in adelaide...... :p

BigRAWesty
8th July 2016, 08:09 PM
I didnt know there was big workshops in adelaide...... :p
Mt gambier..
Well not huge but they had some gear..
3m gilo good for 12mm and break press to match, 150T press, lots of lathes, mills, sheet metal gear etc..

nissannewby
8th July 2016, 09:51 PM
8========D

Clunk
8th July 2016, 10:26 PM
Who needs a pissy little press when you have a Clunk
8=====================D

AB
9th July 2016, 04:59 PM
Finally installed the proper LRA aux pipe.

Yep, as people have said, that's a fun job!!!

It's a bloody tight fit.

garett
9th July 2016, 05:46 PM
changed some filters and some oil, and testing out another diesel additive

Chappy
9th July 2016, 09:23 PM
Rear bars are going on today.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/98.jpg

growler2058
20th July 2016, 04:43 PM
Replaced front passenger wheel studs and nuts that got damaged last time out 4bing and 5 tyre (notice the spelling of tyre :) )rotation

threedogs
20th July 2016, 05:24 PM
Charged the main battery. Again....

Is the cold weather causing your battery problems or is it something else???

mudski
20th July 2016, 06:40 PM
Is the cold weather causing your battery problems or is it something else???

Battery is over three years old and had been flattened once or twice in its life so....

rusty_nail
20th July 2016, 09:54 PM
I bolted the front bash plate and stone protectors back on with brand new bolts including some longer ones to work safer with the recovery points I got from three dogs. Also put some roof racks together from a few bits I had lying around so I now have a nice roof rack and basket to throw in to help with my move to Victoria in just over a week!!!

It's the small victories at the moment for me lol

AB
20th July 2016, 10:06 PM
I bolted the front bash plate and stone protectors

Ironically I had to take my bash plate off this week.

It's all bent up and rubbing the steering stabiliser.

The HH bash plate has served me well but it's going to need a serious beating to get it back in shape.

Winnie
20th July 2016, 10:24 PM
My HH bash plate did the same, it ended up in the bin.

nissannewby
20th July 2016, 10:37 PM
Ironically I had to take my bash plate off this week.

It's all bent up and rubbing the steering stabiliser.

The HH bash plate has served me well but it's going to need a serious beating to get it back in shape.

Can you use some of that good timber you have around and put on end of the plate on it then drive onto it with a vehicle to bend it the other way?

mudski
20th July 2016, 10:47 PM
I bolted the front bash plate and stone protectors back on with brand new bolts including some longer ones to work safer with the recovery points I got from three dogs. Also put some roof racks together from a few bits I had lying around so I now have a nice roof rack and basket to throw in to help with my move to Victoria in just over a week!!!

Whens the house warming Nic?

rusty_nail
20th July 2016, 11:35 PM
Whens the house warming Nic?
Once we're all settled in bud, it's something on the cards tho lol

Sprock
21st July 2016, 12:29 AM
I'm chasing a chirp/whistle under load that goes away after a few minutes so I replaced all the vacuum lines everywhere , then I pressure tested the intercooler - leaking like a sieve so ordered a new tigged 1 , bypassed it & plumbed the intercooler pipes together but the noise is still there , leaking intercooler a usual hiss not chirp so I didn't expect it to be that anyway , I then pulled the inlet pipe off the turbo & found the turbo to be fine , then I pulled the heat shield off the manifold to have a look for soot leaking around it anywhere to no avail so I pulled the EGR pipe off & (allegedly) made up a block off plate out of stainless using the original stainless gasket as a template for the manifold end - I'd already (ALLEDGEDLY) blocked it off at the other end but I'm told that pipe around the back can split or develop holes so this'll eliminate that . So to summarise what I did to my Patrol today - I pulled a heap of parts off it 😝

BigRAWesty
21st July 2016, 03:48 AM
I'm chasing a chirp/whistle under load that goes away after a few minutes so I replaced all the vacuum lines everywhere , then I pressure tested the intercooler - leaking like a sieve so ordered a new tigged 1 , bypassed it & plumbed the intercooler pipes together but the noise is still there , leaking intercooler a usual hiss not chirp so I didn't expect it to be that anyway , I then pulled the inlet pipe off the turbo & found the turbo to be fine , then I pulled the heat shield off the manifold to have a look for soot leaking around it anywhere to no avail so I pulled the EGR pipe off & (allegedly) made up a block off plate out of stainless using the original stainless gasket as a template for the manifold end - I'd already (ALLEDGEDLY) blocked it off at the other end but I'm told that pipe around the back can split or develop holes so this'll eliminate that . So to summarise what I did to my Patrol today - I pulled a heap of parts off it 😝
Yea that rust out against the fire wall and the pressure makes em blow..

But maybe check your exhaust manifold.
They are known to warp and leak. It may be early if yours is only doing it when cold and the sealing once hot..

Don't tension the manifold bolts though.. they may easily snap..
Get new ones and a new gasket.
If it is warped it'll need a skim flat again.

Sprock
21st July 2016, 07:38 AM
Yeah I've read they're prone to warping & leaking but I was doing all the smaller jobs 1st hoping to find something before having to pull the manifold off - can't see bugger all with the heatshield & everything on it . Having said that I can't see any leaking soot around it at all anywhere . It's a 3.0lt & doesn't blow any coal ( like a proper diesel should ) but I would have thought I'd see some sort of sign if it was leaking ? I rekn now that I've got so much off it I'll just take the manifold off & check the face of it & put in a new gasket .

AB
21st July 2016, 08:13 AM
Can you use some of that good timber you have around and put on end of the plate on it then drive onto it with a vehicle to bend it the other way? I've winched it out a few times but the brackets are pretty bent now.

Now that it's off I might be able to do something.

jay see
21st July 2016, 09:07 AM

They're the ones that make big victories....

threedogs
21st July 2016, 04:08 PM
Yeah I've read they're prone to warping & leaking but I was doing all the smaller jobs 1st hoping to find something before having to pull the manifold off - can't see bugger all with the heatshield & everything on it . Having said that I can't see any leaking soot around it at all anywhere . It's a 3.0lt & doesn't blow any coal ( like a proper diesel should ) but I would have thought I'd see some sort of sign if it was leaking ? I rekn now that I've got so much off it I'll just take the manifold off & check the face of it & put in a new gasket .

Check the EGR pipe as well for splits, they squeal like a stuck pig
Unless already blocked

mudnut
21st July 2016, 05:33 PM
Replaced the 7 pin round socket with a Narva metal one, because the pup ate the plastic ones lid. I am impressed with quality of the Narva as it has all brass connectors.