PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your Patrol today!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

DX grunt
23rd May 2012, 11:50 PM
So the holes are there, you just need to buy nuts???

gregs
24th May 2012, 07:13 AM
I don't think the issue is nuts (pardon the pun hehe) but whether you can get them behind there to fit them and tighten them up. I have the all terrain recovery points and they bolt up to the 2 holes where the original one was and I also put one on the other chassis rail.

DX grunt
24th May 2012, 08:13 AM
I don't think the issue is nuts (pardon the pun hehe) but whether you can get them behind there to fit them and tighten them up. I have the all terrain recovery points and they bolt up to the 2 holes where the original one was and I also put one on the other chassis rail.

I thought that was the case, but I had to start with an elimination question. lol

growler2058
24th May 2012, 09:35 AM
Agathas getting a new windscreen today ;-)

Winnie
24th May 2012, 12:01 PM
Check the vinyl out before they leave!

TimE
24th May 2012, 12:29 PM
Installed a new Waeco SLD 060 fridge slide for my second fridge (to use as a freezer). Bought it from 4THE in Perth, cost $256 delivered to Canberra. Funny how I can get it from the other side of the country for $43 less than the best price I could find locally.

Next job is to install the third battery (AGM) to run it.

Richo460
24th May 2012, 12:39 PM
I bought new door hinges and bailey channel rubbers for the crushinator. Hopefully that will stop the rattles so i can hear the other rattles.

growler2058
24th May 2012, 01:40 PM
Agathas getting a new windscreen today ;-)

Check the vinyl out before they leave!

cheers I will

So what a saga
first they forgot me
secondly when they get here theyve bought an inferior GU windscreen sheesh
Thirdly nah mate ya rubbers stuffed ya need a new one phuc
Thatll be $150 phuc
but sorry we stuffed ya we'll drop the windscreen price small amopunt of happiness returns.......................$10 woopee dooo
Still waiting for them to come back and do the job phuc

MEGOMONSTER
24th May 2012, 02:27 PM
Nearly took out an Audi running a red light in the city while doing a hook turn

teno45
24th May 2012, 03:43 PM
So the holes are there, you just need to buy nuts???

Seems like nuts are the logical option... But as gregs said, how to get them in there! Done a little bit of research at smoko, and it seems some people have drilled a hole next to another one in the rail somewhere, not sure if im so keen on that one. Unfortunately I think it might be my only option. I could just move the standard tow hook to the RHS, but then not wanting to use it is the reason I bought the new recovery points in the first place.

macca
24th May 2012, 08:03 PM
Sold the alloys and OEM tyres last week, today got some 16x8 ROH steels -13mm offset (wider track) and some Cooper AT3 33".
Going to Stockton on Sunday yahooo.

popup
24th May 2012, 08:40 PM
Who is the crushinator And how much for the bailey channel rubbers?

maxblack
24th May 2012, 11:14 PM
Sold the alloys and OEM tyres last week, today got some 16x8 ROH steels -13mm offset (wider track) and some Cooper AT3 33".
Going to Stockton on Sunday yahooo.

What did you get for them? (if you don't mind me asking) I have now fitted my new rims and tyres and have the five OEM alloys to sell....4 with worn out Duelers and one with a new Dunlop Grandtrek.

I'm interested in how much I $$$ I should expect, probably put them on Evilbay.

healy
24th May 2012, 11:18 PM
just orderd a winch so i can bouild my bar to suit it and on monday i will placing an order for a lokka for the front

macca
25th May 2012, 07:04 AM
Put them on auction at $1000 starting money and a buy it now at $1500. The money was in the bank by the morning.
Another set sold in Victoria for over $2000 the day before.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320910753957?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

89gqpatrol4x4
26th May 2012, 04:35 PM
Fixed the high pressure hose from the power steering, bleed the system all good. Now I dont need to be arnie to turn the wheel!

DX grunt
26th May 2012, 04:43 PM
I Looked at my troll in admiration! lol

Giving the second battery a work out by leaving the fridge on, then charging it with the solar panels.

Drew
27th May 2012, 04:25 PM
Put the Provent catch can on. oh and started to wax her but got a bad case of the "couldn't be stuffed", got intimate with some bourbon instead :)

2TROLLFAM
27th May 2012, 05:20 PM
Got her very dirty & wet ;)

megatexture
27th May 2012, 06:01 PM
:Yahoo!: make this a new thread and do tell!!!!!! haha :tongue:

MC97GQ
27th May 2012, 07:37 PM
Changed the oil and filters, new fuel filter, six new glow plugs and glow plug relay, but it looks like I need to change the glow plug timer/controller as the circuit is still cutting in and out before the glow plugs get hot.

Drew
28th May 2012, 02:33 PM
Waxed her ;)

Sir Roofy
28th May 2012, 03:11 PM
Waxed her ;)

not to hot i hope could leave a nasty rash lol

MEGOMONSTER
28th May 2012, 03:21 PM
DP chip and Taipan exhaust being fitted as we speak, waiting to pick it up.

97_gq_lwb
28th May 2012, 05:03 PM
Pulled out all of the soggy wet carpet and started making up some garden edge flares.

Drew
28th May 2012, 05:23 PM
not to hot i hope could leave a nasty rash lol

I don't know but there was a lot of rubbing involved :devilred:

ghostrider_oz
28th May 2012, 06:54 PM
Pushed it out the driveway so a mate could use his Chevy Silverado to jump start it cause the damn interior light didn't switch off last night (pulled the fuse sorted that problem), this after the missus Suzuki Liana just didn't have the grunt to turn it over

Drew
28th May 2012, 07:04 PM
Pushed it out the driveway so a mate could use his Chevy Silverado to jump start it cause the damn interior light didn't switch off last night (pulled the fuse sorted that problem), this after the missus Suzuki Liana just didn't have the grunt to turn it over

Yeah they don't make rubber bands like they used to :p

growler2058
29th May 2012, 02:03 PM
Replaced the glow plugs old ones looked ok very black but ok aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnddd problem still exists, mmmmm actually wont start now batterys stuffed bumma
Go to sprint Auto Parts and buy a new battery $174
Install battery..................................same problem #$%&!!!!! Earth cable very very hot!!! Ok pull all connections apart sand scrape make good earth, vwhalla Aggies spinning at 20 to the dozen and firing almost instantly!! MMMM now at least looks like i got a new battery and a spare and a spare set of glow plugs yay

Drew
29th May 2012, 02:28 PM
Replaced the glow plugs old ones looked ok very black but ok aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnddd problem still exists, mmmmm actually wont start now batterys stuffed bumma
Go to sprint Auto Parts and buy a new battery $174
Install battery..................................same problem #$%&!!!!! Earth cable very very hot!!! Ok pull all connections apart sand scrape make good earth, vwhalla Aggies spinning at 20 to the dozen and firing almost instantly!! MMMM now at least looks like i got a new battery and a spare and a spare set of glow plugs yay

Nice work bet you're pleased

growler2058
29th May 2012, 02:48 PM
Down $274 tho and probably just needed the earth cleaned up, but yeah am happy shes happy hahahahahahahahaha

oncedisturbed
29th May 2012, 02:51 PM
Drove munchkin to school then ordered a new dual battery kit to fix the mess the previous owner made of the set up

mudski
31st May 2012, 08:48 PM
Drove munchkin to school then ordered a new dual battery kit to fix the mess the previous owner made of the set up

Don't you hate that. It's been four weeks in my garage and I'm still cleaning the sh!t up from the previous owner/s. I got under the dash last night and found it had a Nokia hands free kit fitted. Ripped that out, then I found live wires under the dash coming from the second battery. Ripped that out, then I found under the carpet the remote for the key less entry. Winnar!!! Didn't even know it had key less entry.
But today I removed the left side of the rear bumper and tried to straighten the bracket as the previous owner was a dumb sh!t and couldn't reverse a car. Also removed both tail light assemblies, rewired and soldered the rhs tail light, installed and wired in some new tails lights to replace the useless dummy lights, and rewired the trailer socket and loom.
I just gotta make up a new ciggie lighter socket for the back now as the one in it has two single pole plugs in it, and I dont have anything with that...
Then its back up the front under the dash to finish off installing the switch for the spotties. Back out to the garage now...

Clunk
2nd June 2012, 09:00 PM
After being dragged round the shops all day...... and i mean all day 9am to 4pm. I had just enough time to change the rear diff oil before it got dark.......... and before anyone says anything, no I don't have a work light to see........ so will get the front done on Monday, as long as I don't get dragged out again lol
The old Q needs some loving!!!!!

macca
3rd June 2012, 06:45 PM
Put some blocks under the body as it thumped when going over rough stuff, they are only 22 mm but were an easy install. Low range lever works as it should, was told over 25mm the floor interferes with its travel. The steps and Bar are all clear now. Was a simple job now its all done, was a bit daunting to start.
Photos show befor and after in relation to the pod.

NissanGQ4.2
3rd June 2012, 07:09 PM
Put some blocks under the body as it thumped when going over rough stuff, they are only 22 mm but were an easy install. Low range lever works as it should, was told over 25mm the floor interferes with its travel. The steps and Bar are all clear now. Was a simple job now its all done, was a bit daunting to start.
Photos show befor and after in relation to the pod.

Hey macca, I assume the first pic if the after and the second pic is before?

NissanGQ4.2
3rd June 2012, 07:13 PM
I worked out 2day why my spotties didn't work anymore, somebody a few months ago took the switch out for some reason and didn't put the wires back on the right way ( for some reason ).........bloody idiot!

macca
3rd June 2012, 07:15 PM
Hey macca, I assume the first pic if the after and the second pic is before?

You can see the pod rivets on the 1st and are hidden by the raised cab in the 2nd. Used my phone to take the shots so wasnt sure of clarity!!!
PS I raised the Cabin Body not the Pod

NissanGQ4.2
3rd June 2012, 07:39 PM
You can see the pod rivets on the 1st and are hidden by the raised cab in the 2nd. Used my phone to take the shots so wasnt sure of clarity!!!
PS I raised the Cabin Body not the Pod

Thanks macca, I've been sober all weekend, and my brain isn't functioning @ the moment

All makes sense now :)

Clunk
3rd June 2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks macca, I've been sober all weekend, and my brain isn't functioning @ the moment

All makes sense now :)

Im not gonna say a word Todd lol.........

Nice work Macca, an extra inch is all it takes to do what ya need mate

macca
3rd June 2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks guys, took it for a run on our road into town, serious pot holes and road works. Aimed for the worst and nothing thumped or bumped so very pleased with the latest mod.

Mmmmmm

Next on the list is 43% crawler gears, dont know when though.

megatexture
4th June 2012, 01:00 AM
use it to skull drag a dead hilux surf around glasshouse mtns to get it to a main road after the starter went and a cv and towing/winching it out its seemed to taken a nice hit on the rear diff and is now leaking opps. only took 5 hrs to go 3.5km

see pic at link below
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/album.php?albumid=309&attachmentid=16708

SiRGsR
4th June 2012, 09:06 AM
Went to Jaycar on Saturday after work and picked up a relay with fuse in it - $9, and a rocker switch - $5. Hooked up my manual over ride for the lock-up in the torque converter, works a treat..

ozzymalone
4th June 2012, 10:02 AM
Installed the baby capsule. Don't know if this counts but what the hey!

97_gq_lwb
4th June 2012, 12:38 PM
Washed the carpet with a gherni and pulled out all the wet sound deadening crud and sponges from the front kick panels.
Can't decide if i am going to use a spray on deadener or dyna mat or just stonegaurd so it goes hard.

timbar
6th June 2012, 08:30 PM
Well guys im either delusional or inaccurate or just lucky last week i removed my carby cleaned it all out reassembled it put new spark plugs in done the timeing and shes running alot smoother now ........but since i done all that I filled the lpg tank the same day I done all this to the old Troll......usually I battle to get 230kms to a 72 capacity lpg tank but recently it was 200 180 and the final straw was 144kms to the tank.............come today I ran out of gas I checked the odometer when I filled it I also hit the trip on the spedo because my Gas gauge does not work at all and when it did it wasnt acurate anyways so I have learnt to observe the kms to estimate when the gas will run out ........well today I got a whopping 347kms to the tank I almost fell out of the old trolll on my head I checked the odometer and yep its right I also hit the reset on my nav which also records how many kms I travel and with little difference it was 6 kms less but i may have travelled 6kms without power to the na as it runns off ciggi lighter .....

So now to test it again I have filled the tank and will see what happens this time !!!!

:driving2::driving2::driving2::driving2::driving2: :driving2::driving2::driving2::driving2::driving2: :driving2::coffeetime:

macca
6th June 2012, 10:05 PM
Finally got the odo back light fixed, washed the plastic bits while they were off as well.

gregs
7th June 2012, 06:53 AM
Talked to panel beater about arrival of parts to fix new patrol (5 weeks old) after run in with rock a couple of weekends ago. Went up track very well, coming back down not so well.....tyre slipped of rock and dinted sill (easily repairable I have been told), broke flare and guard.....now waiting on parts...."doh" (not using insurance as they will just put the rest of our policies up)
Life is too short to be worried about the small things, no-one was hurt (except my pride) and now I am allowed to get a set of sliders for it..yay..

97_gq_lwb
7th June 2012, 05:12 PM
Installed a 2 inch body lift then looked at the gap in the rear bar and decided to raise it and the bullbar as well oh what fun.

Stropp
7th June 2012, 11:09 PM
Installed a 3" dobbinson lift kit with pan hard rods, lift those skirts on the gurl.

MEGOMONSTER
8th June 2012, 02:24 PM
Packed it full, roof rack and boat to go camping 4x4ing up the murray

jman69
8th June 2012, 07:10 PM
Had an R.D.O. so took the patrol for a drive through the Adelaide hills, bit of lunch and a coffee at Aldgate. Of course she ate up the k's with ease. What a machine.

The BigFella
8th June 2012, 07:21 PM
I refitted our Bush Shower unit, based on a Glind heat exchange and using a marine pressure regulated pump! Then we fabricated a wind deflector for the old roof rack.
Fitted our new side awning to the roof rack along with the high lift jack and shovel mount!
All in all we had a pretty good day.

DX grunt
8th June 2012, 07:32 PM
As soon as it rained, I zipped down to the shop and brought a bottle of spray on mud and covered my truck in it. hahaha

Seriously, yesterday, I had to look down and finally remembered where the little stick was, and went for a bit of a bash in the mud.

I immediately came home and washed the troll to look sparkling again. The end. lol

Biscuits
8th June 2012, 08:09 PM
reinstalled the cargo barrier, and packed it full of camping gear for our road trip to Emu Creek tomorrow

mudski
10th June 2012, 04:26 PM
Pulled the evap unit for the a/c out as I suspect its leaking. Tried to regas it, no go, and the cabin smelt horrible after that. I need to pressure test it now to find the leak...

Trolatron
10th June 2012, 06:02 PM
I pulled out the seats and my rear draws to tidy up some wireing for the water tank and rear led lights pulss installed a rear camera.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/Bendero7/IMAG3192.jpg

JamoGQ
10th June 2012, 06:56 PM
Topped up rear diff oil, adjusted drum brakes, modified drawer system to suit 20l water tank, installed passenger side commodore seat (drivers already done), removed old cd stacker from previous owner.

taslucas
11th June 2012, 10:53 AM
Yesterday i finally got my @rse into gear and made my snorkel:)

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8643-Taslucas-s-TB42-Ti&p=235498#post235498

oncedisturbed
11th June 2012, 06:55 PM
Took the troll back to Nissan after there service stuff and they "unofficially" admitted they stuffed up with the lack of oil put back in. Found out the power control valve is on it's way out so ordered another 1 and gets put in on Thursday.

Picked up a kaymar hi lift holder to mount behind my rear wheel carrier and a new set of narva headlight globes and fitted them.

Loving the 3" system that was put in on Friday

growler2058
11th June 2012, 07:43 PM
Got pi55ed off trying to bleed brakes. Snapped off the bleed nipple for the brake proportioning valve. got a flat bettery all pointing toward a fubared alternator (gotta love Loveday) :-) took the bark off me knuckles somewhere in the process, now charging the battery so i can get to work...........JOY

moose maverick
11th June 2012, 10:29 PM
Fitted the new fridge slide that goes with the Engel 50th aniversary gold plated bling edition fridge, started on the wiring install for said fridge, measured up the space that will hold the redarc battery isolator in order to make a mounting plate and thought about where I am going to install the new Ryco fuel/water seperator element to run inline with the existing water seperator. I hate water in me diesel!

JamoGQ
14th June 2012, 10:08 PM
Pulled the spigot bush out with a bolt and paper towel. Works a treat.

MEGOMONSTER
15th June 2012, 10:46 PM
Got a 2" lift kit quoted KONI shocks and spring $2200.00

teno45
16th June 2012, 01:09 AM
Started running more wires, reverse light, in cab winch controls, re do the reverse camera. Isolator override switch and aux battery control.

Got half the dash apart and wires every where. Had a mate over to lend a hand, not sure if he was a help or hindrance!

Woof
16th June 2012, 05:31 PM
Got 4 wheel nuts to replace the locknuts that I butchered with the hammer and cold chisel two weeks ago and best of all I bought one of these...
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/003-6.jpg
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/004-5.jpg

Tank
16th June 2012, 08:00 PM
Started work on the roof basket for the Safari, making it big and strong 1.2mx2.4m and 250mm high the bottom trayu is made out of 34mm pipe 3mm side wall and 50x50x4mm steel mesh. The top frame is 25mm pipe with 2mm side wall and 200x250x3 mm plates to join the two togeather

Bad-Trol
20th June 2012, 11:24 AM
Started installing new custom rear barn door drop down 'work/prep' table. 800x350mm ally plate. Not sure if I'm going to vinyl the underside or leave it, only time will tell.
Here's a quick photo

Bad-Trol: 2004 GU3 ST-L. Sent from my iPhone

Bad-Trol
20th June 2012, 11:25 AM
Also replaced the bonnet gas struts and these ones are POWERFUL! Need two hands to close her now!
No more bonnet falling on my head when working on the donk ;)

growler2058
20th June 2012, 11:52 AM
Got 4 wheel nuts to replace the locknuts that I butchered with the hammer and cold chisel two weeks ago and best of all I bought one of these...

just 1?!?!

Drew
20th June 2012, 04:49 PM
Changed the oil, definitely quieter when cold.

Drew
20th June 2012, 04:52 PM
Started installing new custom rear barn door drop down 'work/prep' table. 800x350mm ally plate. Not sure if I'm going to vinyl the underside or leave it, only time will tell.
Here's a quick photo

Nice :smiley_thumbs_up:

JamoGQ
22nd June 2012, 07:01 PM
Got the gearbox back in. Partrol moves under its own power an no squealing release bearing. Put a excedy safari clutch in at home in the shed.

growler2058
22nd June 2012, 07:18 PM
Not yet, but tonight will be ordering a new starter motor and master cylinder for when i get back from holidays so i can spend some quality time with agatha ;-)

Brendan56
23rd June 2012, 02:00 PM
Got my 93 mav and found out it didn't have any bottom rear shock bushes. so after some determined hunting i found somewhere open on a saturday that had one last set of urethane bushes and fitted them. :)

growler2058
23rd June 2012, 02:06 PM
Personally id go rubber mate, you will get better flex that way. Gen nissan rubbers are probably the only part a lot of us WILL always use. But if ya gonna lif it soon then replace with rubber then ;-)

growler2058
23rd June 2012, 02:07 PM
I pushed Agatha back into the carport till I get her new starter in.................sheeesh she needs to go on a diet she one heavy mother ;-)

Brendan56
23rd June 2012, 02:15 PM
Personally id go rubber mate, you will get better flex that way. Gen nissan rubbers are probably the only part a lot of us WILL always use. But if ya gonna lif it soon then replace with rubber then ;-)

How much extra do you get?, also i just needed something there, since it was just metal on metal :p

Winnie
23rd June 2012, 02:18 PM
Cracked the shits with it!! lost power to my amps, could not work it out. Power cable was fine so I ran the remote again because it had no power. Still didn't work! Pulled the fuse out and put it back in and bingo! Bloody pain in the ass thing, I hate electricity

Tappa tappa

growler2058
23rd June 2012, 02:44 PM
How much extra do you get?, also i just needed something there, since it was just metal on metal :p

There's probably no real accurate answer there mate but think of a "sport" car it uses nolethene and the like to stiffen everything up, thats not what were chasing in an off roader. probably no worries for a tow vehicle but if ya wanna keep ya wheels on the ground through the rough stuff go rubber nice and dare i say it rubbery hahahahhaaha

Robo
23rd June 2012, 04:11 PM
There's probably no real accurate answer there mate but think of a "sport" car it uses nolethene and the like to stiffen everything up, thats not what were chasing in an off roader. probably no worries for a tow vehicle but if ya wanna keep ya wheels on the ground through the rough stuff go rubber nice and dare i say it rubbery hahahahhaaha

x2, growlers
speed requires accurate, controlled movement.
Off Rd requires flexibility.

MEGOMONSTER
23rd June 2012, 04:23 PM
Filled up diesel @ $1.24 today
Last time paid $1.43 last week

Woof
23rd June 2012, 04:44 PM
2 new 35" tyres, only 3 more to go..lol

nissannewby
23rd June 2012, 08:26 PM
GQ got a starter motor and cooling system overhaul with new hoses cap and a flush

big_fletch
23rd June 2012, 08:39 PM
Didnt do anything to the Troll today, but did go Troll shopping haha

Paul C
23rd June 2012, 08:46 PM
Gave it a wash. Topped up oil. Removed and refitted the turbo oil feed as it was leaking. Tomorrow must adjust the handbrake as it is so slack that on the flat in gear it just rolls along. Will check suspension and steering bushes while under there as well.

healy
23rd June 2012, 11:18 PM
Got all new radiator hoses ordered new aluminium radiator changed my snorkel fixed my brand new winch as I was installing it I ripped the wires out could not believe i had done this tomorrow must find out why the spotties don't want to work

wildgu6
23rd June 2012, 11:36 PM
Here's a quick photo

Nice, what thickness is it buddy ???

Yappa Tappa Doo

wildgu6
23rd June 2012, 11:42 PM
Took roof cage off, hit it with a wire wheel and coated with a rust inhibitor, tomorrow hit it with a kill rust primer and sometime during the week will hit with 2 coats of kill rust gloss black.
It was getting a bit rusty on the base and changing the color of my roof when it rained

Yappa Tappa Doo

mudski
26th June 2012, 07:33 PM
Installed remote central locking. Took a whole 20minutes to do. Then I drank beer.

Winnie
26th June 2012, 08:40 PM
Installed remote central locking. Took a whole 20minutes to do. Then I drank beer.

I've really gotta get around to doing this, only have to put one actuator in the driver's door because I've already got central locking, just not remote.

Brendan56
26th June 2012, 09:08 PM
Day Dreamed about modifications, planned stuff, nothing physical, but mental counts too!

Tappin trolls
Brendan

threedogs
28th June 2012, 03:02 PM
Nice work, you could powder coat it to match the interior.

BillsGU
28th June 2012, 03:11 PM
Installed new (aftermarket) front seat belts. Sick of the Nissan belts not retracting properly and getting caught in the door. MUCH better now.

macca
28th June 2012, 05:40 PM
Installed new (aftermarket) front seat belts. Sick of the Nissan belts not retracting properly and getting caught in the door. MUCH better now.

What, where, how and bucks.

Mine are so frustrating, you have inspired me to fix the dang things.

Cheers Macca

Sir Roofy
28th June 2012, 05:52 PM
nothing today just admired it she,s having a rest for a couple of days

growler2058
28th June 2012, 06:07 PM
Heard my new starter motor and new brake master cylinder has arrived woo hoo will give me something to do when I get home

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, what's that freakin noise?!

BillsGU
28th June 2012, 07:28 PM
What, where, how and bucks.

Mine are so frustrating, you have inspired me to fix the dang things.

Cheers Macca

Just on $325 a pair delivered (ADR approved) from www.seatsafe.com.au

Easy to fit. The first one took about an hour (working out how it all fit together) and the second one about 15 minutes.

DX grunt
28th June 2012, 08:56 PM
Took the troll to the beach for a bit of r 'n r. Bought a new Alvie fishing reel and didn't even catch a blowie. lol

Got cold, wet and not much sleep. Time to get into my toastie electric blanketed king size bed, tonight. No swag for this little black duck, tonight. lol

growler2058
28th June 2012, 09:04 PM
Took the troll to the beach for a bit of r 'n r. Bought a new Alvie fishing reel and didn't even catch a blowie. lol

Got cold, wet and not much sleep. Time to get into my toastie electric blanketed king size bed, tonight. No swag for this little black duck, tonight. lol

Best reel ever made I've got some reel (get it reel hahahahahahaha ) old ones love em

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?eauya0
Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, what's that freakin noise?!

philfree
28th June 2012, 11:05 PM
I put recoed injectors and new glowplugs on Saturday, too some of the hid spotlights off on Sunday and fitted more work lights and fitted led driving light that i brought for my buggy on Wednesday.

Mazodude
30th June 2012, 02:10 PM
I changed the oil filters, new oil and changed the dual battery link solenoid. :D a job well done I think.

threedogs
30th June 2012, 02:17 PM
What model Nissan at the wrecker would have seatbelts to suit the GU???

threedogs
30th June 2012, 02:20 PM
Bad day fishing better than a good days work every time

BillsGU
30th June 2012, 10:47 PM
What model Nissan at the wrecker would have seatbelts to suit the GU???

Don't throw away your money. They are all rubbish. Do yourself a favour and get some new ones. Its worth it in the end.

megatexture
1st July 2012, 02:46 AM
put in new dual volt metre led reverse light and fixed a crack i had in my catch can, rewired camper trailer and put on a volt metre, led lights and side markers.

Mazodude
1st July 2012, 11:27 AM
put in new dual volt metre led reverse light and fixed a crack i had in my catch can, rewired camper trailer and put on a volt metre, led lights and side markers.

Could you post a pic of the dual volt meter?

Tank
1st July 2012, 07:37 PM
Gave the Safari a service, still struggling with teh fact it takes 11lts of oil with the filters

97_gq_lwb
1st July 2012, 07:39 PM
bought it a monza drivers seat now for the fun part fitting it to the base.

Tank
1st July 2012, 08:37 PM
Some how I almost forgot, I gave the wagon some new feet. First time I have taken tyres off a Safari rim and man they were a pain to brake the bead on the inside. So now I am running around on some nice new GT Radial Savero Mt's 33's.
They are my second set and have found them to be out an standing tyre

Stropp
1st July 2012, 09:01 PM
Well the mats and interior were all dry after the young bloke giving it a bath last week so I cleaned scrubbed and put everything back in, now just n the filter kit to turn up and give the GUrl a well deserved freshen up.

NissanGQ4.2
1st July 2012, 09:08 PM
bought it a monza drivers seat now for the fun part fitting it to the base.

Have you fitted it yet???? any pics????, cmon hurry up *L*

97_gq_lwb
1st July 2012, 09:19 PM
Have you fitted it yet???? any pics????, cmon hurry up *L*

Maybe tomorrow just picked it up will take some when i am done lol might even show how i go about it to make it easier for others considering the same.

MC97GQ
2nd July 2012, 11:29 AM
Well finally got the new gearbox and clutch in. While I had the floor mat out also added new felt to the floor. What a difference a man can actually hear himself think in the cab. Now that the gearbox isn't screaming, no more need to have the stereo cranked(unless for fun of course).

Local mechanic let us use his workshop and hoist, Under 5 hours for two of us to take the old box out, replace clutch and new box in. Gotta be happy with that. Only problem is now it's been on the hoist I can see all the other under chassis work that needs doing(bushes, shackles etc) Oh well they'll have to wait a little while.

Just a quick note too, thanks to all on this forum who helped with my questions about clutches and matching gearboxes. It took a lot of the guesswork out of it.

Mark

marbles
2nd July 2012, 04:49 PM
Finally got around to finding out why my a/c blower fan on my newly aquired gq wouldnt work
my 8 yr old daughter and i took 20 mins to find some idiot had left all the plugs off the switches after a radio install
2 years prior , love easy fixes maybe the ac will even work now

macca
2nd July 2012, 05:24 PM
Got it real dirty and Im not going to wash it cause its going back to the bush next weekend:icon_driving:

my third 256
3rd July 2012, 08:08 AM
took it in for 50000k service

97_gq_lwb
3rd July 2012, 06:58 PM
Made half a seat bracket what a pain the factory brackets are all over the shop measured a 10 mm drop then noticed the rear right corner had dropped even more so bent the bracket out a little. all level now just need to finish it off.

big_fletch
3rd July 2012, 07:41 PM
Finished setting up my Duel Dawes valve boost system on the ZD30, with automatic high and low boost settings

Sir Roofy
3rd July 2012, 08:06 PM
Finished setting up my Duel Dawes valve boost system on the ZD30, with automatic high and low boost settings

wheres the pics ol mate

BigMav
3rd July 2012, 11:13 PM
Started cutting up a perfectly good N15 Pulsar 4 spoke steering wheel to fit in the Maverick.

krbrooking
4th July 2012, 08:36 PM
Ripped out the plastic,carpet and nuts and bolts of the back of my car to start cutting and installing the draw system I plan to put in. Also riveted the straps onto the pvc pipe for my rods. will post pics after the weekend when hopefully finished!!!

97_gq_lwb
5th July 2012, 11:40 AM
Got the seat in just need to take it all back out grind up the new brackets and paint them.
Will take some pics when they are out of how i did it.
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss117/it250k/patrol057.jpg

Feels a lot better more back support and firmer.
Just a bit harder getting in and out with the side support and no sidesteps with the lift .
Really have to get into the rockslider / steps and custom rear bar.

macca
5th July 2012, 01:51 PM
Ooohhh man you need those step / sliders. The tenders get a bit of a beating getting in and out over those bolsters.
I have steps and there is definately a technique required, you will learn the hard way LOL.
Great seats mate.
Cheers

Murph68
5th July 2012, 02:23 PM
Installed the Pro vent 200 today

robbo0001
5th July 2012, 09:20 PM
Pulled up front drivers carpet to find a water leak. Located a leak in main wiring harness grommet above accelerator pedal in firewall... Filled it with sikaflex and binned all the wet underlay. Used a heat gun to dry carpet and will now wait and see what happens. Sprayed some Glen 20 to get rid of the musty smell...fingers crossed.

GQSWB
6th July 2012, 05:54 AM
at 5am i downloaded the service manual n hopefully if the parts arrive ill have the swivell hubs done in time for the weekend

GQSWB
6th July 2012, 05:55 AM
actually make that 5;30, was one post short lol

DX grunt
6th July 2012, 08:33 AM
Gunna take my troll on an overnighter camping trip to the beach today. Will post pics if I catch any fish. lol

Winnie
6th July 2012, 08:35 AM
Sounds good mate where are you heading?
We were gonna go out to Cooper's Creek for the weekend but heard that the rivers are very unpredictable at the moment so we are just gonna go to Koornalla for the weekend now.

taslucas
6th July 2012, 09:48 AM
Gunna take my troll on an overnighter camping trip to the beach today. Will post pics if I catch any fish. lol

I here it real muddy there this time of year!!!

Tap, crackle, pop

macca
7th July 2012, 11:58 AM
Just on $325 a pair delivered (ADR approved) from www.seatsafe.com.au

Easy to fit. The first one took about an hour (working out how it all fit together) and the second one about 15 minutes.

Thanks for that BillsGU, did them yesterday.
The belt wouldnt come out of the retracter gizmo took it out again to find LH on the staicer was out of the box marked right side and visa versa,
Put it all togeather bolted it all tight and works a dream. Needs a solid mounting so the lock system doesnt engage.
Retrack out of the way now.
Cheers Macca

threedogs
7th July 2012, 12:01 PM
If I can get motovated I'm going to clean the intercooler,but its still cold as a frog here at the moment.

macca
7th July 2012, 12:01 PM
Put a new set of wheel nuts on, noticed when changing the wheels the nuts were hard to start on the thread, so was a bit concerned the first few threads were worn.
Bought new chrome ones for $2.00 each. Money well spent after reading about these wheels coming loose and falling off!!!

threedogs
7th July 2012, 12:21 PM
Good price

robbo0001
7th July 2012, 05:00 PM
Pulled air cleaner out to have a look, still got dirt and water getting into filter housing. Lo and behold half the OEM rubber seal is missing from under the lid. Dunno whether to go Nizbits or try and make my own out of an o- ring kit. Would the seal be a separate item to complete cover?

threedogs
7th July 2012, 05:21 PM
Check out patrolapart stainless steel airbox, around $500 but its a hoot of a unit

what about a strip of hi density foam???

DX grunt
7th July 2012, 07:52 PM
I here it real muddy there this time of year!!!

Tap, crackle, pop

Came back about 8hrs early. My young fella caught a salmon and it was right on the edge of the water but the hook broke off. Spewing.

We got rained out and I was sleeping in my swag outside. I hate wet sand. lol

robbo0001
7th July 2012, 08:07 PM
"what about a strip of hi density foam?"

Didn't think of that mate... Might give it a shot tomorrow after a visit to Bunnings.
Cheers for the input

MEGOMONSTER
7th July 2012, 10:25 PM
I took my new GU8 for a bash in the mud today for the first time and loved it.

Trolatron
8th July 2012, 01:03 AM
I took my new GU8 for a bash in the mud today for the first time and loved it.

Did you get some pics for us..

Flo-w
8th July 2012, 04:44 PM
Got a 2G power cable from under the bonnet to the cargo barrier for the dual battery system. Now I need to buy a crimping tool...

waflyer
8th July 2012, 07:41 PM
Removed auto tranny from my GQ prior to DIY rebuild (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12897-Patrol-GQ-Auto-RE4R03A-Missing-Gears-Diagnosis-and-Repair)...

threedogs
8th July 2012, 07:49 PM
Yo flow if you are using big lugs flatten with hammer then use a centre punch then solder them apply heat shink and your done

paulvdw
8th July 2012, 08:12 PM
Wired in an air horn installed red LED dash lights. Took her out for a little mud!

Flo-w
8th July 2012, 09:23 PM
@threedogs: not sure what you mean...

BigMav
8th July 2012, 09:33 PM
Changed gearbox oil, messy job!

threedogs
8th July 2012, 09:34 PM
If you're using big allloy lugs for thick wire, after you bare the wire push it into lug and squash with vice or hit with hammer/ Then use centre pop on lug to make tighter, then heat and solder wire to lug. Apply some heat shrink and will end up with nice neat and strong join on the lug

threedogs
8th July 2012, 09:35 PM
Wish everyone would edit their profile so we know where your from

Stropp
8th July 2012, 11:17 PM
Dried out the left over wet sand in the back doors and sprayed with fish oil to stop any rust, also ct18'd the engine bay and then sprayed the hoses and all rubber with foam tyre shine, transformed that muddy dirty engine bay to a new look, next job get under her with the wire brush and get into the rusty bits underneath and then try out the hammerite rust converter paint to see if it's as good as they say.

macca
9th July 2012, 06:30 PM
Went playing in the mud yesterday, it took 4 hours to gerni it all off, change to road tyres and wash the truck.
I did paint the hubs with heat resistant black paint whie it was on the stands.
Didn't touch the inside.
Then had to clean the drive, what a mess.

Stropp
12th July 2012, 04:03 PM
new cheapie wheel carrier fitted yesterday will see how it performs, but I do like the reverse lights it has.

youngseal
13th July 2012, 11:53 PM
Read half of the posts on this thread and wished I had more time to finish reading them all, great work on keeping the thread alive guys! Fabulous to see what people spend their time tackling!
Today I am looking for a wiring diagram that will assist me with sorting out the combination keyless entry, central locking, alarm and immobiliser unit. The SEL unit seems to be shot and the immobiliser is constantly on, the central locking doesnt work and it wont start!

MEGOMONSTER
14th July 2012, 04:43 PM
Changed the settings on my DPChip from 7 to 3, just to see if fuel consumption changes.
I was very surprised to see my fuel consumption go down even with the DPchip set on 7 and new Taipan exhaust (not by much though) but was still lower than with no chip and exhaust.

threedogs
14th July 2012, 05:09 PM
You'll find with the DP chip at 7 you'll have heaps of black smoke, IMO 5 seems right for my truck as an great number for fuel and performance , Mines full 3" system as well , as for what I did to my truck, I increased boost to 18-20 as instructed but spikes to 25psi will go for decent drive tomorrow ,still drives great but feel it'll over boost big time

robbo0001
14th July 2012, 06:10 PM
Finished the winch install off, managed to squeeze all my recovery gear into a nice water proof space case.
Unfortunately that grommet in driver side footwell is still leaking water via engine bay....gotta have another crack at that this week.
Brisvegas is bloody wet.... Everything smells musty, not just the troll.
Keeps life entertaining....kids love helping Dad with the cars.
Cheers

Malgreen
14th July 2012, 06:13 PM
well i have been busy ( at least the guys at OL in midland were,, )
i have had fitted a full size flat roof rack, feather light rooftop tent, 2nd spare wheel on top ( oh god it was heavy ) and a snorkell.
i also put on 2 new recovery points on the front.17974
i also bought a new compressor from ironman, thunder box, new tyre ( goodyear mtr ) for the spare.
it was a very expensive couple of days for the truck but its looking good.

MEGOMONSTER
14th July 2012, 06:23 PM
You'll find with the DP chip at 7 you'll have heaps of black smoke, IMO 5 seems right for my truck as an great number for fuel and performance , Mines full 3" system as well , as for what I did to my truck, I increased boost to 18-20 as instructed but spikes to 25psi will go for decent drive tomorrow ,still drives great but feel it'll over boost big time

Never seen any black smoke at 7, maybe cos it's still new ( well 14000km old).
Drove the DPChip 7 for about 4500km

threedogs
14th July 2012, 08:46 PM
Could be, sounds right still new, mine was fitted at 110K

robbo0001
14th July 2012, 08:48 PM
Malgreen
well i have been busy ( at least the guys at OL in midland were,, )
i have had fitted a full size flat roof rack, feather light rooftop tent, 2nd spare wheel on top ( oh god it was heavy ) and a snorkell.
i also put on 2 new recovery points on the front.Attachment 17974
i also bought a new compressor from ironman, thunder box, new tyre ( goodyear mtr ) for the spare.
it was a very expensive couple of days for the truck but its looking good

Nice looking rig mate...bet the cash card is still smoking:smiley_thumbs_up:

threedogs
14th July 2012, 10:09 PM
Still got me beat how you down let alone back into one of those roof top jobs with a skinfull in the middle of the night. Do you have leds on the ladder or anything?

Nice setup by the way

eliurquhart
15th July 2012, 02:44 AM
Put recycled kitchen cupboards as a new rear draw system in tonight and a new spottie I found on the side of the road in the Pilbara a year ago on also! Yew I can see

macca
15th July 2012, 08:08 AM
Still got me beat how you down let alone back into one of those roof top jobs with a skinfull in the middle of the night. Do you have leds on the ladder or anything?

Nice setup by the way

Often wondered that, I would be flat on my but getting all sideways on the ladder skin full or not!

macca
15th July 2012, 08:16 AM
The heater doesnt completely turn off and get pretty damn warm on a hot day.

There has to be a foam seal or equivalent on the "door/Flapper" in the heater system.

There is no valve on the water flow, as modern cars dont stop the water flow. That itself is handy as the glind shower uses that water circuit and works with the heater on or off.

Got the dash part dismantled and thought I dont want to do this. Fiddled with the cable that closed the "Door/Flapper" that is controlled by the temperature knob to no success.

In getting a wheel align and balance the other day and they have a Pirtek franchise, had a yarn to one of the guys who showed me a small electric ball-valve, what a ripper.

It is now in circuit and completely stops the heat in the cab, a simple fix.

Very pleased with the result.

Cheers macca

threedogs
15th July 2012, 09:14 AM
Not just a skinfull ,what about the retirees that buy them, know for a fact you'd find me at the bottom in the morning

MEGOMONSTER
15th July 2012, 12:14 PM
Purchased a HarrisHardcase

macca
15th July 2012, 09:42 PM
Attached it using my winch cable set up on a triple pull (2 snatch blocks) to 2 drag chains, 1 30mtr winch extension and 4 snatch straps to a Cruiser well and truly stuck in a bog.
It had a sleep over in the formentioned bog, being abandoned at 11.30pm last night.
Got a call this morning to help.
Had many dampeners on everything, was a bit worried about the snatchums, as soon as we could get rid of them we did.
It was a slow controlled pull and took a fair bit of time, I wasn't going to be rushed and all went very well.
Turned out they were highway type tyres at highway pressures.
Macca

MEGOMONSTER
15th July 2012, 10:04 PM
Hit the garage door with my roof rack just before it was fully open. Small mark on roof rack, big dint and bend on the garage door, spent the last hour trying to straighten it out and put the rollers back in the guided.

F***en Hell

growler2058
15th July 2012, 10:42 PM
Hit the garage door with my roof rack just before it was fully open. Small mark on roof rack, big dint and bend on the garage door, spent the last hour trying to straighten it out and put the rollers back in the guided.

F***en Hell

Oooooopss

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

GUtsy ute
15th July 2012, 10:48 PM
Attached it using my winch cable set up on a triple pull (2 snatch blocks) to 2 drag chains, 1 30mtr winch extension and 4 snatch straps to a Cruiser well and truly stuck in a bog.
It had a sleep over in the formentioned bog, being abandoned at 11.30pm last night.
Got a call this morning to help.
Had many dampeners on everything, was a bit worried about the snatchums, as soon as we could get rid of them we did.
It was a slow controlled pull and took a fair bit of time, I wasn't going to be rushed and all went very well.
Turned out they were highway type tyres at highway pressures.
Macca

Any pics macca?
Well done on the recovery by the way.

megatexture
15th July 2012, 11:39 PM
moved my shovel holder to allow room for my new tigers 11 awning and ive picked off the two 300x100 logos stitched on it ... and relocated the velcro straps inside the bag not on the outside ready to bolt up cant wait to try it out!

DX grunt
15th July 2012, 11:52 PM
Today is Sunday. I let it rest. lol

macca
16th July 2012, 08:39 AM
Any pics macca?
Well done on the recovery by the way.

Some one that I dont know had a camera, see if I can track them down.

Estimated the Cruiser was well over 80 mtrs from me, I was attached to a tree so I wouldnt join him. All I could see of him was the roof.

The chains we great for taking up the slack when resetting the winch. Did make the job easy.

Malgreen
16th July 2012, 05:59 PM
Nice looking rig mate...bet the cash card is still smoking:smiley_thumbs_up:

i also forgot to mention the rear due light rack from " the ferret " now i just have to get some lights for it....
as for my cash card... its a melted mess on my desk,,,lol

Malgreen
16th July 2012, 06:08 PM

Nice setup by the way

havernt spent a night up there yet as things here have been very unsettled ( home life ) but i am thinking of a led bar light just under the edge as you climb up.. abit of velcro and it would stay there most of the night ( one hopes) .
the one thing that worries me is where the ladder is joined to the tent base. its a bit dodgie and i think i will have to make a new hinge/bracket. it wasnt put together that well.

HammerBuilder
16th July 2012, 10:13 PM
Ripped out my diesel injection pump to do a rebuild yippee more money spent LOL
oh & I ordered all new bushes for suspension next weeks job...

growler2058
20th July 2012, 06:28 PM
Replaced the starter motor
Spins at 20 to the dozen now and take 1/2 a second to start ;-)

The BigFella
20th July 2012, 06:36 PM
well I finally fitted my new fully functioning tail lights. At least now I have some decent lights at the rear of the Patrol.
I wired them into the trailer plug, yes I know its cheating but it works!!!!

Drew
20th July 2012, 07:18 PM
Put a snorkel & bull bar on

Drew
21st July 2012, 03:59 PM
Put the HID driving lights on:bigthumbup::clapping:

growler2058
21st July 2012, 06:16 PM
Replaced the master cylinder now having a "c" word of a time bleeding it hahahahahaha

MC97GQ
21st July 2012, 07:03 PM
Put in new extended shackles and new bushes, lifted the truck about 2" and tightened everything up just nice. The rear bushes in the front were that flogged out there was nothing left.

Well worth the effort, and thanks again to those who replied to my thread in the suspension section, it was a great help.

Mark

td42dan
22nd July 2012, 06:03 PM
well its not what im doing but what is getting done, getting the rust cut out of my roof and getting the roof re sprayed......

Big_Roy
22nd July 2012, 06:34 PM
Nothing too exciting, fitted some canvas seat covers front and rear. They are universal size and I were impressed with how neat the fit was, should keep the upholstery in good nick!

MEGOMONSTER
22nd July 2012, 07:39 PM
Drove to the city today to have a beautiful lunch for my birthday, so I found a car park that I could fit under which I could but just touched the height limit sign with the top of my roofrack. But once inside soon found out there was noway going any more forward so I had to reverse down two narrow steep ramps to get back out.
And I have no lift or tyres yet.
Shit I'm gonna be in trouble when I get them

Ade
22nd July 2012, 08:16 PM
Drove to the city today to have a beautiful lunch for my birthday, so I found a car park that I could fit under which I could but just touched the height limit sign with the top of my roofrack. But once inside soon found out there was noway going any more forward so I had to reverse down two narrow steep ramps to get back out.

Well happy birthday to you mate..bet you are gunna be in trouble ay. Mine already got to 2.4m to the spot lights on the roof rack..

The BigFella
22nd July 2012, 08:24 PM

Happy Birthday Megomonster, hope after all that you and an awesome day!
I once drove into an underground carpark and had to let my tyres down so I could reverse out the "entry" lane,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Drew
22nd July 2012, 08:39 PM
Happy birfdy bro

taslucas
22nd July 2012, 08:57 PM

hahaha nice one lol. Hope you had a Happy bday mate:)

A friends wife was driving his 4by and went up into a multi storey carpark. For some reason didnt hit the height restriction bar (or didnt realise she had) and continued on. He had a spare tyre on the roof rack which got wedged under a fire hydrant pipe hanging down from the ceiling! LOL. Worst part was it snapped a sprinkler off at the same time! Hahahahaha..... so there she was, wedged solid under the pipe with water gushing out everywhere and the fire alarm going!!! hahaha would have been a funny site!

MEGOMONSTER
22nd July 2012, 11:30 PM
Thx guys. It was the fire pipes that stopped me also. Well a flange on the fire water pipes.

macca
23rd July 2012, 09:57 AM
A bloke we know was in one of them carparks no worries.

When he left he pushed the button to open the gate, when it opened he started moving then the gate started to close.

He jumped on the brakes, the front went down and the back went up into a concrete beam. Not happy Jan.

The had it all on CCTV so they fixed it for him.

DX grunt
23rd July 2012, 09:59 AM
I worked out that on my last trip, I got 16.93l per 100k's.

DX grunt
23rd July 2012, 10:03 AM

I got the same problem when I have my HF radio aerial to the bull bar. From tip of aerial to ground is 3 metres. Its a PITA. I hate driving along streets with trees overhanging the road. I'm not paid enough to be a tree pruning serviice. lol - not.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Winnie
23rd July 2012, 10:05 AM
I worked out that on my last trip, I got 16.93l per 100k's.

Happy with that or reckon it's shyte?
I get around 22-23 on average but that's LPG

MC97GQ
23rd July 2012, 08:20 PM
Put on my new genuine front mud flaps, and thought I would post a couple of pics after fitting the extended shackles

I like the lift and the new mud flaps top it off nicely got them from about time spares, good price and good service.

Mark

growler2058
23rd July 2012, 08:34 PM
Drove her to work :-(

DX grunt
23rd July 2012, 11:01 PM
Happy with that or reckon it's shyte?
I get around 22-23 on average but that's LPG

16.93l per 100k's.

Just checked it on the next fuel stop and got 14.63l/100k's. A bit different style driving, bit less weight, no rain/wet roads to contend with, and, I slowed down a bit. lol

Ade
23rd July 2012, 11:16 PM
Around 14l/100km is about my TD42, turbo and stock IP.

Drained the winch oil, found out it contaminated with water. Two pin size holes on the top ally housing. Whacked some epoxy, filled up with new ATF and it seems to be running much lighter now..sweet!

The BigFella
25th July 2012, 03:12 PM
I had an awesome morning with my 15yr son we fitted our new snorkel to our beloved Patrol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Doesnt get any better than that people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The look on my son's face said it all,,,,,, he got stressed when he realized we were about to cut substantial holes in the guard!
His "thumbs up" approval after the job was completed!
And there he stands ready for service yet again!

teno45
25th July 2012, 10:31 PM
Since installing the RecArc Isolator and an CustomRockers control switch, I noticed that the RedArc wont light up the filament type bulb. (Maybe I should have listened when the RedArc manual says only LED's...) Mucking around in the shed tonight I came up with this LED replacement.

First Pic showing version one... no go. Should have looked closer when pulling apart, Resistor got in the road of the switch actuator.
Second Pic version two: Winner!
Slightly brighter than original, next two pics show with both upper and lower lights on, only upper light has been changed to LED. Might have to play with the resistor value to change the brightness.
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/th_IMG_20120725_205854.jpg (http://s825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/?action=view&current=IMG_20120725_205854.jpg)http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/th_IMG_20120725_211023.jpg (http://s825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/?action=view&current=IMG_20120725_211023.jpg)
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/th_IMG_20120725_211643.jpg (http://s825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/?action=view&current=IMG_20120725_211643.jpg)http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/th_IMG_20120725_211719.jpg (http://s825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/?action=view&current=IMG_20120725_211719.jpg)

optic
26th July 2012, 03:40 PM
I put mine in for a bit of a touch up on the motor.
New Tipan 3 inch pipe system.
New supped up injectors for the extra HP.
New heavy duty out back clutch.
And a new gearbox.
I have just picked up the Patrol 4.2 D 2001.
Impressive numbers off the machine after the work has been done.

Prior to the Dyno touch up.
106.8 KW @3820 RPM
300 NM of torque 2265 RPM.
After the dyno touch up.
128 KW @ 3680 RPM
420 NM of torque @ 2870 RPM.
Impressive result from the new parts.
A new motor im told will be around 104 to 110 KW of power.
In theory i should not know im towing anything.

Winnie
26th July 2012, 03:44 PM
Yeah if you're not happy with the work then definitely do something about it! Where did you get it fitted? Did you point it out to them?

hekarewe
26th July 2012, 10:26 PM
swore at it for failing me tonight split fan belt and huge oil leak guess i can to this over the next few days with things i have fixed on it !!!!!

DX grunt
27th July 2012, 05:52 AM
My weekend is today and tomorrow. I'm taking my truck to the beach for a spot of fishing.

Silver
27th July 2012, 09:15 AM
That fan belt breaking is a bugger Hekarwe. Paired belts driving the same item - and when one fails, it takes its mate with it, if not more :-)

Where is the green beast leaking oil from?

DX Grunt, sounds like a great weekend. looking forward to the report

Winnie
27th July 2012, 10:48 AM
I thought the point of having paired belts was so that if one fails, it has a backup so it can still run?

macca
27th July 2012, 03:18 PM
I had an awesome morning with my 15yr son we fitted our new snorkel to our beloved Patrol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Doesnt get any better than that people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The look on my son's face said it all,,,,,, he got stressed when he realized we were about to cut substantial holes in the guard!
His "thumbs up" approval after the job was completed!
And there he stands ready for service yet again!

A top day in Paradise, look at that blue sky. Great weather for mods with your lad.

My weekend is today and tomorrow. I'm taking my truck to the beach for a spot of fishing.

Have a nice one Rosco, tight lines and dirty bits down LOL

hekarewe
27th July 2012, 05:45 PM
That fan belt breaking is a bugger Hekarwe. Paired belts driving the same item - and when one fails, it takes its mate with it, if not more :-)

Where is the green beast leaking oil from?

DX Grunt, sounds like a great weekend. looking forward to the report

on the GU,s its one big ass belt that run through a tensioner pully. the pully bearings collapsed in a huge way which split the belt in half long ways so half wrapped it self around every thing and started cutting in to wiring as it whipped around and then the vibrations up set the harmonic balancer which then made the oil seal shit itself!!!!!!

but dont worry torque 4x4 to the rescue rang Murry last night as i was around the corner from the shop and hoped he would be there working so i could get a look at it in some decent light he hade left but came back to the servo up the road to help me and take a look at it,,,,, in his own time" and had organised a mechanic for the this morning for me out side of work hours so i was right to turn up first thing this morning and get back on the road. to day murry organised the parts and the work and got it all done for me in short order and agian went over and above the call off as he usually does

champion effort murry and crew thanks alot guys

now tomorrow its service time again see you all at scottys

Finly Owner
27th July 2012, 10:12 PM
I loaded it ready to go to Scotts' working bee.

Tim

Clunk
28th July 2012, 03:22 PM
Not done anything to it yet but did pick up a Nissan / Milford GU cargo barrier for $30 from a care hire company. Should be just a case of altering the fixing brackets a little to make it fit, according to some guys who've done it.

MEGOMONSTER
28th July 2012, 03:29 PM
Packed it up going to echuca for an overnight outing. Any one know of any tracks out there

NissanGQ4.2
28th July 2012, 03:31 PM
Got one out of 3 forums stickers on :)

growler2058
28th July 2012, 03:52 PM
Still having brake issues, so jacked her up and pulled the rear lhs drum off and the adjuster dropped out...............Ahhhhhhhhhhh maybe this is whats giving me so much effkn grief

Clunk
28th July 2012, 04:04 PM

Like it mate

NissanGQ4.2
28th July 2012, 04:04 PM
nothing better than a part that just falls out *LMAO*

taslucas
28th July 2012, 04:05 PM
Removed my alloy bar because it was farrked. Getting a mate to modify a steel bar. Fitted new indicators because the old ones were farrked. Fitted new semi-sealed headlights with phillips +100 globes because with the old ones i could see farrk all. Got into some jim beam long blacks which made me say farrk alot!
LMFAO

taslucas
28th July 2012, 04:06 PM

I see youve saved the best stickers for last!? lol

NissanGQ4.2
28th July 2012, 04:17 PM
I see youve saved the best stickers for last!? lol

hahahahaha, sorry I didn't feel like washing the car, just 2 put stickers on, instead after I put the sticker on and took pics, went out and drove through some mud :)

growler2058
28th July 2012, 07:46 PM
Finally pulled the headlights out and emptied the muddy water left over from the Loveday meetup, and cleaned the reflective insides. It STANK

Maxhead
28th July 2012, 07:59 PM
Finally pulled the headlights out and emptied the muddy water left over from the Loveday meetup, and cleaned the reflective insides. It STANK

Took your time mate. Haha. Bloody mud ey!!!! Crap stuff

..........on the move

growler2058
28th July 2012, 08:11 PM
Took your time mate. Haha. Bloody mud ey!!!! Crap stuff

..........on the move

Slack ay! but i thought i had to do it from the back and my air box and snorkel is all siliconed up so i was hoping itd evaporate. Then lookin closer i saw i could yank it out from the front.

AB
28th July 2012, 09:26 PM
Finally cleaned it!!!!!!!!

I went out last weekend covered in mud and didnt get a chance to clean it until today. What a nightmare, clean your Patrol as soon as you get back not a week later...lol...It was like concrete!

I can't stand cleaning underneath the fold of the rear wheel arch too....Need to make up some kind of plastic guard like the front ones.

taslucas
28th July 2012, 09:31 PM
Finally cleaned it!!!!!!!!

I went out last weekend covered in mud and didnt get a chance to clean it until today. What a nightmare, clean your Patrol as soon as you get back not a week later...lol...It was like concrete!

I can't stand cleaning underneath the fold of the rear wheel arch too....Need to make up some kind of plastic guard like the front ones.

know what ya mean Andy, mine gets muddy(er) every weekend, but i definately dont wash it weekly....

growler2058
30th July 2012, 02:04 PM

Readjusted passengers heAdlight as I was unscrewing the adjuster instead of the fixing screw der

AB
30th July 2012, 02:28 PM
Readjusted passengers heAdlight as I was unscrewing the adjuster instead of the fixing screw der

Yep done that a million times...LMAO.

MudRunnerTD
30th July 2012, 02:42 PM
Drove it like i Stole it ;)

DX grunt
30th July 2012, 02:49 PM
Put my truck under full load using all the bits, pieces and toys - all in the comfort of the work carpark - using my 2 x 125w solar panels as 'power'.

Cranked up the HF radio on scan, UHF CB, 95lt Evakool fridge/freezer, and Handiwash hot/cold water system.

Gauge still says battery is 100% - after 4hrs of 'the works' - with the engine turned off.

I'll let it run overnight on full 'accessories and toys' and see what surprise is waiting for me tomorrow morning. lol

I may not need a 3rd battery, after all. Stay tuned.

Winnie
30th July 2012, 03:02 PM
Put on a new electric mirror, took forever to find one and in the end it's a common item that Patrolapart have.

threedogs
30th July 2012, 04:06 PM
Un blocked the EGR, it was cheaper than burning the 4x4

ozzyboy
30th July 2012, 04:10 PM
melted zip ties onto the airbox and repaired the cracks. ( just about ready for a snorkel now).
Took the roof cage of on the weekend to replace the rusted bolts with stainless / galvanised. ( 6 months old and the bolts look they were on the titanic !!)
ozz

The BigFella
30th July 2012, 04:16 PM
My old Nissan had developed a bad miss along with a bad case of the back-fires on lpg. Also developed some bad pre-ignition ping when running petrol?
Last week when we had the air intake tube out to fit the snorkel we noticed the bottom of the plenum box on the intermediate tube had some damage from the heat raising off the extractors. This had, during the 6hr drive to Cootamundra Friday night into a huge gaping hole! The ecu couldnt make heads nor tales so we modified the intermediate tube.
Simply cut off the plenum chamber and capped it off with a 50mm pvc end cap. Secured in place with silicon and pop rivets! Made a huge difference, back to a power-house again!
Well, nearly a power-house anyway,,,,,,,,

dsmith
31st July 2012, 09:36 PM
I installed a LED bar light to the roll bar on the tray to my GU coil cab. It is facing backwards to be used as a work light in the tray. I drilled the 3" roll bar and ran the wire for the light through the bar and down the left side where it exits via another hole level with the floor of the tray. From there a small switch allows it to be turned on and off without having to reach into the cab. No pics yet as when I finished it was dark.

NissanGQ4.2
1st August 2012, 05:05 PM
I got some timber for my rear storage draws

Now to work out how to make the storage draws out of it *LMAO*

If the coils and springs weren't stuffed before 2day they are now!!!

taslucas
1st August 2012, 05:12 PM
Hahaha nice one Todd. I see the wood came "pre carpeted" too lmao

Tap, crackle, pop

macca
1st August 2012, 07:50 PM
Like NissanGQ4.2 had a mid week sneaky and got another load of firewood,
Got a wood shed full of green stuff but ran out of seasoned last night, so it was a bit urgent.
Found a nice dark red log that had been down a couple of years, no mud or termites as well.
Mrs Woman was well pleased when she got home to a warm house.
Then I told her I'm going camping on Friday and Saturday with the lads, perfect timing. LOL.

taslucas
1st August 2012, 08:21 PM
You don't get a cold shoulder when the house is warm.

Hahaha

Lmfao!

DX grunt
1st August 2012, 09:13 PM
Too slack to go out and put the windows up and the cab got semi flooded. Thank goodness for bucket mats. lol

I took my troll through some m m m .... you know, the stuff I hate.

Tomorrow I'm gunna go to my beach fishing spot......probably the last time before I move. Gotta clean my tackle box and reel.

macca
1st August 2012, 09:21 PM
You don't get a cold shoulder when the house is warm.

Hahaha

Lmfao!

Charm, Timing or just plain BS, I'll take how I can get it LOL

NissanGQ4.2
1st August 2012, 09:24 PM
Unfortunately macca this stuff is a little green, but it will still burn, only need a couple of weeks worth of firewood as we should be getting gas installed tomorrow......mind you they were meant to install it today. Got 3 loads in the back, lucky it was just around the corner from home :) Came with lotsa borers, bet prefer them over white ants!

MC97GQ
1st August 2012, 09:37 PM
Well,

I probably should have been out getting firewood, although it's as wet as a shag and snowing here at the moment.

So spent the day removing the head, ordered a new one, new thermostat housing is also needed and all new hoses.

I miss driving the truck already, two days without driving now, I'm gonna be a wreck by next week.

MEGOMONSTER
8th August 2012, 04:53 PM
Checked my roof rack screws to make sure they were tight.

The BigFella
8th August 2012, 06:48 PM
gave Patty a good wash and wax, degreased the engine bay and tyre shined the rubber bits! Now he looks like a city dweller,,,,,,, might have to visit Stockton Beach this weekend and change that!

97_gq_lwb
8th August 2012, 07:23 PM
Pulled apart the front hub because i had water running out the seals

ozzyboy
8th August 2012, 07:33 PM
flogged the guts out of it at 5 rocks and byfield national park :P

cobwebs = gone

ozz

big_fletch
8th August 2012, 07:47 PM
Re-wired the front map lights of my GU to turn on when i open a door.. Heaps better now

WogsRus
8th August 2012, 08:09 PM
Installed a Chepie snorkle = Pretty good actually, well made, good kit and managed to get it 100% air tight too
Installed a Uniden 7700 BT uhf with Bluetooth mic, works with the in car hands free too
Installed Ultra Gauge = The best mod so far, every engine perimeter i like and then some.

Now need some shocks and springs

Shonky
9th August 2012, 12:10 AM
Took Theo for his first real run through the Pensylvania Forest near trunkey n.s.w. It started off being an exploration trip to find fun things to do in the forest, once we found next to nothing, I decided to make my own fun. Cleared some rock and branches and made my own track.

To begin with, it really didn't look doable with the current setup on the car but after a few runs I finally made it up. Ended up with 2 dings on his front right fender and just in front of the rear right light as well as busting the light guard but for what I was able to accomplish today, it's a small price to pay!
Very proud of the old fella, now really looking forward to seeing what it'll do with a nice set of muddies and a 3" lift kit instead of the A/T's and old 2" kits.

DX grunt
9th August 2012, 01:00 AM
Put on my red Harry Hardcase!!!

Pics with held by request. PML

growler2058
9th August 2012, 01:08 AM
Dont be like that Rossco

Silver
9th August 2012, 01:28 AM
Put on my red Harry Hardcase!!!

Pics with held by request. PML

I think they are supposed to go onto the diff, and not onto the other 'pumpkin' as defined by Kevin Bloody Wilson.......G'day, Country Bumpkin, how's them warts there on your pumpkin? I've seen some sights, but man, your somethin, see ya later, country bumkin.' Or is there some other reason photos withheld?

After all, wouldn't want to spoil the line of some of those tasty items of clothing I think I have seen photos of?

Then again, unlike me, as a man of class, distinction and taste, you perhaps have have not sullied your ears with Mr Wilson's work? :-)

Cheers, and thanks for sharing the photos elsewhere of your camping set up.

Rick