PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your Patrol today!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

MEGOMONSTER
2nd October 2013, 09:57 PM
How good does that look

Even better on Saturday.

rafa
3rd October 2013, 12:31 PM
Even better on Saturday.

Why? You gunna get her dirty?

Winnie
3rd October 2013, 12:36 PM
I fitted my hybrid superflex arms too. I will flex it ip tomorrow. :D

Come on slacker!

MEGOMONSTER
3rd October 2013, 01:10 PM
Even better on Saturday.

Scrub bars and side steps tomorrow
New BFG KM2 tyres and rims Saturday.

threedogs
3rd October 2013, 02:26 PM
Finally got around to fitting my fire extinghisher in the right spot within hands reach of the driver,
Gotta love rivnuts, this time I used 6mm Alloy easy to squish lol

MEGOMONSTER
3rd October 2013, 02:51 PM
Finally got around to fitting my fire extinghisher in the right spot within hands reach of the driver,
Gotta love rivnuts, this time I used 6mm Alloy easy to squish lol

Nice one 3dogs.

Stropp
3rd October 2013, 06:38 PM
got the rear bar straightened up and fitted the new scoop, its massive i will be able to swallow large birds of prey now :)

Rustyboner81
3rd October 2013, 06:46 PM
Congratulations on the 3rd ;)
And
Congratulations on sheeding the OE crap :D

Rustyboner81
3rd October 2013, 06:56 PM
Put the second hand steel bar on. It seems to of evened out the susspension
And fitted the splash plate i had, not getting mud in the alternator on saturday!!

Parksy
3rd October 2013, 07:02 PM
Bought some fatmat(similar to dynamat) off eBay and installed it into the rear of the gq. First I cut them into strips and stuck this to the inside of the quarter panels. I found when tapping the quarter panels from the outside, it sounds very hollow and tinny, but with this stuff installed, it sounds nice and solid. Most of the wheel arches and side panels are covered, will finish the floor off tomorrow and see how much of a difference it had made.

Ben-e-boy
3rd October 2013, 09:11 PM
Finally got the winch running, tomorrow is radiator overflow tank and general check over. THEN THATS IT!!!!
Get my camping gear ready, pack and make my way south.

Winnie
3rd October 2013, 10:58 PM
Finally got the winch running, tomorrow is radiator overflow tank and general check over. THEN THATS IT!!!!
Get my camping gear ready, pack and make my way south.

Woohoo! Not sure but did you get your custom tray made yet?

BigRAWesty
4th October 2013, 12:20 AM
Bought some fatmat(similar to dynamat) off eBay and installed it into the rear of the gq. First I cut them into strips and stuck this to the inside of the quarter panels. I found when tapping the quarter panels from the outside, it sounds very hollow and tinny, but with this stuff installed, it sounds nice and solid. Most of the wheel arches and side panels are covered, will finish the floor off tomorrow and see how much of a difference it had made.

Yea be interested to hear your thoughts. Had some people tell me don't bother.
Others have said it works, then some say do 2 layers.. Might get the 100sq ft package and do inside and out... Lol

Parksy
4th October 2013, 08:39 AM
Yea be interested to hear your thoughts. Had some people tell me don't bother.
Others have said it works, then some say do 2 layers.. Might get the 100sq ft package and do inside and out... Lol
I'll let you know. I like the theory of the stuff. I don't think it acts as a sound barrier, but more so is used to become apart of the panel and stops it's ability to vibrate. When tapping the wheel arches from inside the car, they already sound solid and I was skeptical as to whether I should cover them, but I did anyway. But panels that return a hollow tinny sound should benefit greatly from this stuff. Large flat panels such as the insides of doors and the rear quarter panels will benefit I'm thinking.

Winnie
4th October 2013, 08:46 AM
One day when my Patrol is not my daily I will gut the interior and go to town with sound deadener.... been for a ride in a GQ full of it and it makes a big difference!

liftlid
4th October 2013, 08:46 AM

Interested to know how much it weighs .
Also does it absorb water? As the rear window rubbers do allow some water into the quarter

MEGOMONSTER
4th October 2013, 10:07 AM
Scrub bars,side steps, winch rope and fairlead put on, and hopefully UHF fixed with no static noise from alternator.

oncedisturbed
4th October 2013, 11:07 AM
Truck is currently getting the works service done, engine, diffs, transmissions etc

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Stropp
4th October 2013, 11:14 AM
Truck is currently getting the works service done, engine, diffs, transmissions etc

if you are getting away late i will be heading down after 5 and can meet you somewhere if you dont know how to get to the camp spot.

threedogs
4th October 2013, 11:42 AM
You can stuff acoustic batts inside the Quarter panels makes a huge difference as well.
Don't buy full bag see if they have broken bags you can buy.

threedogs
4th October 2013, 11:48 AM
On a different topic I can't get over how much my braking has improved. Chalk and cheese.
I haven't had to use the brakes in anger yet, as still bedding them in. Not even going to bother about getting old OE rotors machined,
Highly recommend this brake up grade, ended up costing me just on $105 a corner. very happy camper,
Dying to see them in action towing my camper

Parksy
4th October 2013, 01:02 PM
Ran out of the fatmat but got the majority of the cargo section covered. And it has made a big difference to exhaust noise in the cabin. The drone at 100km was very annoying but now it is barely noticeable. I will be buying more of this stuff and continue to do the rest of the cabin and the doors.
I couldn't tell you exactly how much it weighed, I had 25square foot and it would have weighed about 5-8kg, thereabouts.

BigRAWesty
4th October 2013, 05:56 PM
Yea I'm going to grab the 100square pack and do the lot.. Doors and all..

Quick q to who has done it already. Do you remove grommets and then cut them in and reinstall them, or just plaster over em all??

nissannewby
6th October 2013, 08:14 PM
I have been just putting it over them and the cut around them.

BigRAWesty
6th October 2013, 08:41 PM
Yea was thinking removing all grommets would be a big job and could jeopardise water tightness.
Do you cut them as you need them?

boots
6th October 2013, 09:20 PM
Removed the bushes from my radius arms today. Cleaned them all up. New rubber set ready to go in

Parksy
6th October 2013, 09:37 PM
Cleaned up, degreased, metal ready'd and painted with por15 the tow ball mount. Will hopefully fit it tomorrow to give the patrol a little more weight on the HD springs.

Parksy
7th October 2013, 04:51 PM
Removed most of the ceramic(I think?) insulation from the firewall. It was all cracked and the source of a lot of annoying rattles from behind the dash. Am planning on removing the dash and insulating the firewall with the fatmat.

Shaun 4x4
7th October 2013, 04:59 PM
Got some new sheep skin seat covers. Thick black ones. Lol

Rustyboner81
7th October 2013, 06:38 PM
Took my alternator to get reconditioned, ordered new number plates and found that looks like my waterpump gasket is leaking :mad:

rafa
7th October 2013, 07:50 PM
New Ironman fridge freezer and new ironman 12000 winch

Marty

First Patrol
7th October 2013, 07:57 PM
That fridge looks awesome mate!!!

rafa
7th October 2013, 09:21 PM
That fridge looks awesome mate!!!

I'll report back on its performance with 3rd battery etc after the week out bush.

Cheers

Marty

FNQGU
7th October 2013, 09:32 PM
Ordered an iCom Pro 400 UHF and RFI CD5000 antenna, and looking to install one of those Outback Interiors Overhead consoles tomorrow to fit up the UHF out of the way. Finally got sick of the handheld... Also managed to get my hands on a Black Widow full length roof rack that I'll install when I get home from work next month.

Now to sort out the bloody voltage leak!!! My frigging radio antenna will go up and down by itself when I open a bloody door or bang on the side of the truck at the moment and my main battery will go flat inside a week on not being used. Not happy.

BigRAWesty
8th October 2013, 10:02 AM
Removed the bushes from my radius arms today. Cleaned them all up. New rubber set ready to go in

Make sure to use rubber grease..

Removed most of the ceramic(I think?) insulation from the firewall. It was all cracked and the source of a lot of annoying rattles from behind the dash. Am planning on removing the dash and insulating the firewall with the fatmat.

Yea I'm toying the idea of a complete tear down.. It's a tough call. I know I'll find more issues, and it'll cost $$$ , but I think I'd wanna know about them and fix em..

threedogs
8th October 2013, 03:57 PM
Stuck my compass on the dash I like driving tracks using the compass,
also fitted a cheap volt meter, just to monitor the alternator charge rate

SupRob
8th October 2013, 04:11 PM
Broken my air con evaporator box =[ epoxied it back together,

Replaced evaporator, tx valve, receiver dryer, waiting on my fridgie to bring me gas =]

Not liking the weather and long drivers =[]

Tonks
8th October 2013, 08:13 PM
Put the two fridges in for the Bathurst week35170

Drewboyaus
8th October 2013, 08:57 PM

Far out Parksy, yours will be the finest GQ in all of the known universe!

Drewboyaus
8th October 2013, 09:00 PM
Make sure to use rubber grease..

Yea I'm toying the idea of a complete tear down.. It's a tough call. I know I'll find more issues, and it'll cost $$$ , but I think I'd wanna know about them and fix em..

Dude you need to get your ride put back together so you can come and to some kickass high country tracks with us.
Not pull it apart again.

Parksy
8th October 2013, 09:06 PM
Far out Parksy, yours will be the finest GQ in all of the known universe!

Yeah I don't really know how to stop doing stuff to it...

BigRAWesty
8th October 2013, 09:23 PM
Dude you need to get your ride put back together so you can come and to some kickass high country tracks with us.
Not pull it apart again.

Yeah I don't really know how to stop doing stuff to it...

Im like parksy.. Dunno where to stop. It'll be done soon.. Maybe..
Still want a turbo.... :D

93patrol
8th October 2013, 10:01 PM
http://instagram.com/p/fMy6xHAzak/
Put a new spare tire on

rafa
9th October 2013, 04:00 PM
Put a new spare tire on

Wonder if they would fit under my ext Telstra troll. Could be just what I need up here ;)

BigRAWesty
9th October 2013, 04:30 PM
A quick 2" lift should do it I think..

BigRAWesty
9th October 2013, 04:56 PM
Got my nibbler. So that'll make the Snorkle install easier.. Now just to make it

93patrol
9th October 2013, 05:07 PM
Wonder if they would fit under my ext Telstra troll. Could be just what I need up here ;)

wouldn't want to flex it too far or might have problem with the tyres scrubbing

threedogs
9th October 2013, 05:11 PM
Pulled apart a small battery pack and salvaged the jumper leads off it.
Then soldered a 50amp Anderson plug to one end, now I'll make a 4 meter ext lead.
So now the Engel can be closer to the Camp Kitchen

Stropp
9th October 2013, 06:25 PM
Put a new spare tire on

that should rean spare steering wheel lol. looks tiny.

Stropp
9th October 2013, 06:29 PM
ordered the cross country intercooler now the waiting begins to get the td05 16g large fitted :)

Rustyboner81
9th October 2013, 08:22 PM
Fitted new alternator and belt.35190
Now the volys aren't going up to 17

oncedisturbed
9th October 2013, 11:11 PM
Installed new HID headlights then realised I ordered the wrong set, waaaaay to bright

Clunk
9th October 2013, 11:22 PM
Installed new HID headlights then realised I ordered the wrong set, waaaaay to bright

Oooops :p.....

oncedisturbed
10th October 2013, 07:29 AM
Oooops :p.....

Yup, meant to get 35w 4300-5000k and chose 55w 6000k by accident

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

liftlid
10th October 2013, 07:43 AM
Fitted new alternator and belt.35190
Now the volys aren't going up to 17

Keep an eye on your clock, mine kept better time after changing mine

megatexture
10th October 2013, 10:20 AM
Packing the car today for camping at Gordon county tomorrow for the weekend .. It really sucks having just got back on Sunday after 4 days camping at teewah beach lol

megatexture
10th October 2013, 10:21 AM

Jesus you can't please some people lmao

oncedisturbed
10th October 2013, 12:01 PM
Jesus you can't please some people lmao

hahahah true but better to change them then to get a canary, just ordered 2 x sets of 35w replacements globe kits for $25 total delivered which will help out

BigRAWesty
10th October 2013, 12:14 PM
hahahah true but better to change them then to get a canary, just ordered 2 x sets of 35w replacements globe kits for $25 total delivered which will help out

What's wrong with the 55's??

oncedisturbed
10th October 2013, 12:25 PM
What's wrong with the 55's??

55w is on low beam and way to bright to other cars, it is the same as what 35w's would be on high beam

megatexture
10th October 2013, 01:36 PM
i think the colour will get you caught more then how bright it is

BigRAWesty
10th October 2013, 01:45 PM
55w is on low beam and way to bright to other cars, it is the same as what 35w's would be on high beam

Pics... :D

oncedisturbed
10th October 2013, 02:41 PM
i think the colour will get you caught more then how bright it is

It's possible, I have had a look at some of the other cars like Prado's and they have a similar colour temp.

Will put up some pics when I get a chance

MEGOMONSTER
10th October 2013, 05:52 PM
New tyres and rims fitted.
Saturating the forum with

BLACK THUNDER................ LOL

oncedisturbed
10th October 2013, 06:15 PM
Me likey it

93patrol
10th October 2013, 06:22 PM
looking like a real 4by now Mego

growler2058
10th October 2013, 06:37 PM
Washed it...............

taslucas
10th October 2013, 08:21 PM
Washed it...............

Did you shed a tear?

oncedisturbed
10th October 2013, 08:40 PM
Did a bit more research on the HID's, turns out the spreader shield wasn't on them when I installed them (1st time HID nOOOOOb) so will put them on when I get home, should sort out most the glare issues

rafa
10th October 2013, 10:03 PM
New tyres and rims fitted.
Saturating the forum with

BLACK THUNDER................ LOL

Looking great. But way to clean!!

MEGOMONSTER
10th October 2013, 10:07 PM
Looking great. But way to clean!!

Is this better.

93patrol
10th October 2013, 10:29 PM
Had to try out the new tyres hey Mego

rafa
10th October 2013, 10:35 PM
Is this better.

It's a good start I guess :)

Malgreen
11th October 2013, 12:29 AM
Ahh i finally laid out the cool hard cash and got my self some new tail light with globes and harness from Ebay.....
they finally arrived and they look great.. look better than the dummy ones, nice and clean, clear lenses, etc.
so the job starts,, and i pulled out the inside paneling from the rear of the truck. pulled out old lights and started to look for the harness that i heard about that was hidden in the back... i gave up after an hour as there was no harness...... BUGGER..

now its a bit late in the day and i am now back at work ( the one thing i hate about FIFO, get half way through a job and have to stop for 2 weeks ), cars still in pieces but dummy lights back in..
so now i have to make a harness and bring the lights up top... ahh but i am getting a tow bar installed soon... ill get them to do it and bring the wires up,, yes i know they will charge but saves me the hassle. i will post picks on the install once its all done. leaving the back in pieces as i am going to redo some of my speaker wiring.

oh also in Ebay shopping. bash plate ( yet to arrive ) new uhf antenna, LED interior lights ( cheap ones from hong kong get to hot for my liking ) and a new mattress for the roof top tent, i dont like the 50mm foam mattress but with this on top it should be nice and comfy http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-Healthy-Environmental-Sleep-Goods-Thick-Fiber-Folding-Soft-Mattresses-/171046649383?pt=AU_Bedding&var=&hash=item27d32cbe27

and finally a rear view camera. the type that clips over the mirror...

BigRAWesty
11th October 2013, 05:24 AM
Ahh i finally laid out the cool hard cash and got my self some new tail light with globes and harness from Ebay.....
they finally arrived and they look great.. look better than the dummy ones, nice and clean, clear lenses, etc.
so the job starts,, and i pulled out the inside paneling from the rear of the truck. pulled out old lights and started to look for the harness that i heard about that was hidden in the back... i gave up after an hour as there was no harness...... BUGGER..

now its a bit late in the day and i am now back at work ( the one thing i hate about FIFO, get half way through a job and have to stop for 2 weeks ), cars still in pieces but dummy lights back in..
so now i have to make a harness and bring the lights up top... ahh but i am getting a tow bar installed soon... ill get them to do it and bring the wires up,, yes i know they will charge but saves me the hassle. i will post picks on the install once its all done. leaving the back in pieces as i am going to redo some of my speaker wiring.

oh also in Ebay shopping. bash plate ( yet to arrive ) new uhf antenna, LED interior lights ( cheap ones from hong kong get to hot for my liking ) and a new mattress for the roof top tent, i dont like the 50mm foam mattress but with this on top it should be nice and comfy http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-Healthy-Environmental-Sleep-Goods-Thick-Fiber-Folding-Soft-Mattresses-/171046649383?pt=AU_Bedding&var=&hash=item27d32cbe27

and finally a rear view camera. the type that clips over the mirror...

I think we bought the same ones. Gu4 look alikes for the gq. Wiring will be quite easy, the junction from left to right is ontop of the chassis behind d/s rear wheel.. I'm goingvto strip mine out and run the bumper light harness in steel conduit. I'm sick of smashing wires..

oncedisturbed
11th October 2013, 04:06 PM
Put the shields back on the HID globes when I got home last night, no more sprayed light but I think still a bit too bright. Have read that the 55w's can melt the coating on the reflectors so will swap with the 35w's when they come in. Get to test them properly tonight so can show before and after :)

BigRAWesty
11th October 2013, 08:15 PM
Put the shields back on the HID globes when I got home last night, no more sprayed light but I think still a bit too bright. Have read that the 55w's can melt the coating on the reflectors so will swap with the 35w's when they come in. Get to test them properly tonight so can show before and after :)

Looking forward to the review..

trekster
11th October 2013, 09:55 PM
I did this, this afternoon

Then tonight I 80% finished this

oncedisturbed
12th October 2013, 12:08 AM
Sorry for bad pics but here we go, 1st 3 from low beam to high plus led spotties with normal globes

Now the same with HID's

BigRAWesty
12th October 2013, 05:00 AM
You can really pick it hay. that's not that bad.. I though it would be brighter..

oncedisturbed
12th October 2013, 10:50 AM
Photos were pretty bad but they are heaps brighter than the photos show, will try and do some better ones when I get a chance

threedogs
12th October 2013, 10:52 AM
Changed the fuel filter,

trekster
12th October 2013, 08:31 PM
Almost finished the snorkel, all piping done and flange siliconed etc, Just need to attach the pillar bracket and I'm done :D

timbar
12th October 2013, 09:48 PM
I was naughty I took my troll for couple hot Laps hahaha I miss the old girl

oncedisturbed
13th October 2013, 12:23 AM
Used to know a guy called Timbar

timbar
13th October 2013, 12:26 AM
Used to know a guy called Timbar

Yeah it's me hahahaha

liftlid
13th October 2013, 10:55 AM
Can you see AB 's new modification ?

Clunk
13th October 2013, 11:12 AM

Oh dear!!!!!!!!

BigRAWesty
13th October 2013, 12:08 PM
Betta remove that before it degrades the value to much..

Clunk
13th October 2013, 03:21 PM
Betta remove that before it degrades the value to much..

too late mate, the damage was already done as soon as it touched AB's Q.................. where's Grunter to give it a good tonguing when you need him hey!!!!????? hahahahahaha

threedogs
13th October 2013, 04:58 PM
on the 7th day the Patrol was rested,
but figured out a few small jobs to do to make life a little easier

BigRAWesty
13th October 2013, 05:17 PM
Seeing the bloody tv go hi jacked and I missed the best race by the sounds of it..
But I started the bull bar referb. Made some mounts..
Pics to come

BigRAWesty
13th October 2013, 05:27 PM
Seeing the bloody tv go hi jacked and I missed the best race by the sounds of it..
But I started the bull bar referb. Made some mounts..
Pics to come

Now I need some advice on what to put on em.. The 2 rally 1000's are staying for the time being, but go the 5" lights or the hella LED lights...??

Yendor
13th October 2013, 06:23 PM

No surprise, He's a T_____ lover from way back......Hehehehehe

Drewboyaus
13th October 2013, 06:30 PM
Flogged it around the high country with a bunch of Patrol geeks....

BigRAWesty
14th October 2013, 02:06 AM
So what do you guys think??

Now I need some advice on what to put on em.. The 2 rally 1000's are staying for the time being, but go the 5" lights or the hella LED lights...??

oncedisturbed
14th October 2013, 05:47 AM
First 2 pics not showing up?

Square led's look good

twisties
14th October 2013, 06:34 AM
Finally bought and fitted a full length roof rack. No more laying the swag across the back seat :D

threedogs
14th October 2013, 10:47 AM
@ Kallen use the LED for side vision or even mount them underneath for slow rock work at night
Are you fitting HID kits into the rally 1000 ??

pbk1776
14th October 2013, 12:24 PM
Tidy her up a bit today - change Oil and Oild filter today too
will get her ready for Forster-Tuncurry and Taree trip

Stropp
14th October 2013, 04:22 PM
received my remote dimmer for the awning led strip, will fit it this weekend and see if i can get it work, plus you can program it to pulse :) that will be some sexy shit lol maybe have that going while doggy is dancing around the fire ha ha.

Parksy
14th October 2013, 04:46 PM
Sound proofed the rear barn doors. The gq is slightly more quieter now... :)

sickshorty
14th October 2013, 04:51 PM
Cut out rust and removed previous owner/s bodgy patch up repairs on my 84 mk shorty

BigRAWesty
14th October 2013, 05:25 PM
@ Kallen use the LED for side vision or even mount them underneath for slow rock work at night
Are you fitting HID kits into the rally 1000 ??

Yea won't be doing much rock work.. Tourer rig for me..
But not worth fitting hids to em, lenses are stuffed..

BigRAWesty
14th October 2013, 10:36 PM
Antenna and sand flag mounts on..
Mention to this missus that I'll leave the 2 in the middle Off until I receive the light bar for Christmas...
I got the eye roll answer..
One thing I'm surprised about is it doesn't have lights in it..
Not a bad thing as I can get what I want, but I'm thinking this is an aftermarket bar..

Money-fishing
14th October 2013, 10:43 PM
Mounted and wired up a set of IPF spots to the bullbar

BigRAWesty
15th October 2013, 12:34 AM
Should I polish it or paint it??

Drewboyaus
15th October 2013, 07:02 AM
Yea won't be doing much rock work.. Tourer rig for me..
But not worth fitting hids to em, lenses are stuffed..

If you're coming to the high country at some point you'll be doing rock work......
Mine's set up as a tourer and will do 99% of things. It's about the wheel placement.

BigRAWesty
16th October 2013, 04:59 PM
If you're coming to the high country at some point you'll be doing rock work......
Mine's set up as a tourer and will do 99% of things. It's about the wheel placement.

Yea fair call. But I don't think these led's are right to Mount under the car..
I will be adding something to the roof rack.

Parksy
16th October 2013, 08:14 PM
Sound proofed the drivers side front door. Will hopefully do more tomorrow afternoon.

BigRAWesty
16th October 2013, 08:16 PM
Hay have you found applying it inside the doors parksy??

Parksy
16th October 2013, 08:25 PM
When i put it on the inside of the doors, I cut the sheets into smaller pieces so I could fit it into the little openings through the door panel. Very much worth it because the door sounds nice and solid when closing.

BigRAWesty
16th October 2013, 09:21 PM
Very nice. Guessing a full wipe down to remove any dirt and crap or does it seem to stick to anything??

Parksy
17th October 2013, 04:38 AM
All I did was use a rag to remove any dust. But the inside of the doors on mine had some sort of brown waxy rust proofing which made the fatmat stick very well, so no issues with adhesion. I did use a hair dryer after it was all on to heat it all up, just to help it stick. But I probably could have got away without it.

BigRAWesty
17th October 2013, 04:49 AM
Hopefully ordering the 100 square pack next week. Caitlin wait to hook into it.
How did you go with the dash side of it?? Im still in 2 minds weather to pull it out and do maybe a double on the firewall..

Parksy
17th October 2013, 05:25 AM
Still haven't attacked the dash yet. I really can't be bothered to pull it all out, but then again I still have an annoying rattle from somewhere behind the dash that I would like to get rid of. I might have a go tonight, will see how I feel.

BigRAWesty
17th October 2013, 06:09 AM
Yea I'm more yes than no as its half done already to re configure the radio stereo and drinks holders setup..

Parksy
17th October 2013, 08:23 PM
Hey westy, bit the bullet and pulled it all out. Pulled all the remaining ceramic stuff out and am in the process of fat matting it. Scared of putting it all back together again, I swear I'll have something left...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/B073E1B8-8DA1-48F7-BA59-C0E6B71572D4-3107-000002ADB1BE6EE7_zps24942422.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/FEA8F0BE-05FA-4FB9-9F5F-0E6B0072A3B5-3107-000002ADBB835F88_zps2d94a186.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/3B1A6ABC-72FB-4E92-9E17-FA0F58B16956-3107-000002ADC0E9E22F_zps3698bb85.jpg

BigRAWesty
17th October 2013, 08:40 PM
Ow wow. You did strip it..

Clunk
17th October 2013, 10:39 PM
Didn't do anything to the Q yet but bought a Ridge Ryder awning from Supercrap this evening, probably for it up on the weekend if time permits

93patrol
17th October 2013, 10:46 PM
Brought a new alternator will look at fitting it tomorrow if I have time

Clunk
17th October 2013, 11:05 PM
Brought a new alternator will look at fitting it tomorrow if I have time

Ahhh you got one, good stuff

Avo
17th October 2013, 11:48 PM
did ya get it on special clunk?i picked one up on the way home from the meetup then OD offered me his annex for it and then last weekend a mate offered me his rooftop for 500 bucks which I'm thinking of picking up this weekend..Need to get it on and start using it so I can get sorted how much crap I need for next year.

Clunk
18th October 2013, 12:58 AM
did ya get it on special clunk?i picked one up on the way home from the meetup then OD offered me his annex for it and then last weekend a mate offered me his rooftop for 500 bucks which I'm thinking of picking up this weekend..Need to get it on and start using it so I can get sorted how much crap I need for next year.

yeah bud, on special, lucky I called them yesterday as it was the last one in the Belmont store, got them to hold it for me. So far it doesnt look too bad......... kept forgetting to have a proper look at Stropps. Anyway, for the money Im not going to grumble (although the missus did when I brought it in the house!!!!!! hahahahahah). Couldnt wait for the 4wd show and more than likely doubtful to pick up one for that price anyway, unless it was a Roos or Tigerz jobby.

Have you got yours on yet???

threedogs
18th October 2013, 09:37 AM
Plan is to slowly upgrade my speakers to 6" 4 ways in all doors, then source an amp to drive the lot

Avo
18th October 2013, 09:38 AM
I had a good look at stropps that's why I ended up getting one...even though it was p!ssing with rain his was still dry on the underside,I watched him pack it up to quite easy bud....and no I haven't fitted it yet.Need 2 people to fit my roofrack and I've been home by (running the farm again) myself.My roofrack is one that fits a tinny on if I want,so it's to much for one little bloke like me.....lol

oncedisturbed
18th October 2013, 11:51 AM
Swapped out the 55w HID ballasts for the 35w one's instead and while still clear and bright, doesn't put out the glare

Parksy
18th October 2013, 07:48 PM
Finished the behind dash insulation on my truck. Very happy with the results.

93patrol
18th October 2013, 11:39 PM
Installed my alternator and it now works yay

Clunk
18th October 2013, 11:41 PM
Installed my alternator and it now works yay

always a bonus when that happens

meh
19th October 2013, 12:01 AM
Installed a non wobbly ac compressor, but the belt is slipping now. Will put a new belt on in the morning

Yendor
19th October 2013, 12:36 AM
Installed a non wobbly ac compressor, but the belt is slipping now. Will put a new belt on in the morning

Did you go new or used? if used what was the cost?

Fit a genuine belt, the non-genuine ones always slip.

sil3nt_dr3ams
19th October 2013, 02:24 AM
Plan is to slowly upgrade my speakers to 6" 4 ways in all doors, then source an amp to drive the lot

hahaha evil evil plan, thts how it starts. I changed a set of speakers 3 amps 2 subs later.

Outdbush
19th October 2013, 10:38 AM
Started to setup the dual batteries , got the tray and battery in , now for the the wiring ��
Anyone know what the best cable i should run to the back for a fridge ?

meh
19th October 2013, 10:46 AM
Did you go new or used? if used what was the cost?

Fit a genuine belt, the non-genuine ones always slip.

Second hand $50 off gumtree

Cleaned all the crud off the pulleys and put a new belt on and got the system regased this morning.
Icey cold aircon again!!!

Clunk
19th October 2013, 02:56 PM
oh the boy is learning!!!!!! and no supervision required hahahahaha........... i know they're only simple things but I'm a spaz when it comes to cars. Just replaced my coolant resevoir bottle and was just as well, the old one just about disintegrated when I removed it. Also cleaned the MAF sensor, letting it all dry out before running it and making sure theres no air lock in the coolant.

TPC
19th October 2013, 07:11 PM
Cleaned all the Fraser Island sand off and out of it.
Spent about 2 hours on it, every time I thought I had got rid of all the sand I would stick the hose someware else and more sand would come out.

oncedisturbed
19th October 2013, 07:28 PM
Started to setup the dual batteries , got the tray and battery in , now for the the wiring ��
Anyone know what the best cable i should run to the back for a fridge ?

Yendor or Megatexture from memory will be best to answer but 6 B&S from memory to overcome voltage drop but i could be wrong

AB
19th October 2013, 07:33 PM
Yendor or Megatexture from memory will be best to answer but 6 B&S from memory to overcome voltage drop but i could be wrong

I am the least person to take advice off with electrics but I was given advice to run 2 B&S and It's a pretty thick ass cable and I have ran fridge, camper with all the lights, TV on video and other assortments of energy sucking appliances and never missed a beat!

Avo
19th October 2013, 07:41 PM
drove 300km round trip pick up a rooftop tent with annex for 500 bucks.came home pimped my roof rack.fitted awning and rooftop set it up folded it all back in again...not bad for 1 day...

AB
19th October 2013, 07:46 PM
What the hell loader is that?

Komatsu?

Avo
19th October 2013, 07:55 PM
John deer,mate..the oldest one of the fleet...bit hard lifting sh!t by myself........NO boys 4 girls....I shake my head....

oncedisturbed
19th October 2013, 08:26 PM
does it flex?

TPC
19th October 2013, 08:29 PM
John deer,mate..the oldest one of the fleet...bit hard lifting sh!t by myself........NO boys 4 girls....I shake my head....
4 girls, god I feel sorry for you.
How old are they?

Avo
19th October 2013, 08:33 PM
2 in there 20's and the others are nearly teens......there alright..I get cakes and looked after well..

TPC
19th October 2013, 08:38 PM
2 in there 20's and the others are nearly teens......there alright..I get cakes and looked after well..
I have 2 boys and 2 girls, all moved out of home.
I was lucky that the girls did not turn into bitches through the teen years like so many do.

BigRAWesty
20th October 2013, 03:47 PM

Clunk
20th October 2013, 06:26 PM
Put the awning on...... Wasn't happy that it stuck out so much, so had to adjust the bars and push the awning back in towards towards the car, so it sits as close to the car as possible, only downside now is the bar work is lopsided now, do currently toying with the idea of cutting it off. Brackets had to point downwards in order to fit under the garage.........

I have to say, for something that was less than $200, I'm pretty damn happy with it an myself for that matter for not requiring adult supervision :D;)

Avo
20th October 2013, 06:40 PM
Noice Clunky,,,Did you manage that all by yourself

Winnie
20th October 2013, 06:43 PM
Just make sure you peg it down when using it... First time I used mine I did not and it ended up on the other side of the car. Lucky nothing broke.
Yes Darren even after you warned me.

Avo
20th October 2013, 07:14 PM
went to the hospital today to get the bit of metal out..got stuck in there yesterday while angle grinding my roofrack...

Clunk
20th October 2013, 07:32 PM
Noice Clunky,,,Did you manage that all by yourself

Sure did bud ;)

4wdreaming
20th October 2013, 07:47 PM
ow makes the bark i took off fitting my winch and bar work today look minor

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35726

4wdreaming
20th October 2013, 07:50 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35729

Stropp
20th October 2013, 07:56 PM
went to the hospital today to get the bit of metal out..got stuck in there yesterday while angle grinding my roofrack...

Going to come down and do a safety audit, use your safety glasses young man!

Yendor
20th October 2013, 08:15 PM
Sure did bud ;)

Who are you trying to kid? we all know you are one of the smarter cookies.

Yendor
20th October 2013, 08:16 PM

I know how you feel mate, had the same thing happen to me.

Nothing worse then seeing the vision in that eye bounce up and down as they scrap the eyeball.

Have to agree with Stropp "use your safety glasses".

NP99
20th October 2013, 08:24 PM
Did similar last week grinding some rust of some old gear.....goggles are a must,

Clunk
20th October 2013, 09:16 PM

At least you got another one bud ;)

Clunk
20th October 2013, 09:19 PM
Who are you trying to kid? we all know you are one of the smarter cookies.

Nah seriously mate, I'm not when it comes to cars n stuff...... Other bits n pieces I'll work out eventually ;)

Shaun 4x4
20th October 2013, 09:23 PM
Did a minor service. Oil, oil, fuel and air filter.
Never done a fuel filter before. What a bitch to prime the system. Got it Sussed for next time tho now. ;)

mudnut
20th October 2013, 09:32 PM
Found out how deep a stock RB30 can go without picking up water. Note how the water washed the mud from the bonnet. Time for a snorkel methinks.

Yendor
20th October 2013, 10:08 PM
Nah seriously mate, I'm not when it comes to cars n stuff...... Other bits n pieces I'll work out eventually ;)

Okay then, your secret is safe with me.......

Personally, I don't understand why you and some other members take this stand.

You could always state "this is what I think" or "this is what I have found"

Unlike some other people who just rip it off from other forums and take the credit.

Clunk
20th October 2013, 10:34 PM
Okay then, your secret is safe with me.......

Personally, I don't understand why you and some other members take this stand.

You could always state "this is what I think" or "this is what I have found"

Unlike some other people who just rip it off from other forums and take the credit.

Sorry Rod, you've lost me there

Yendor
20th October 2013, 10:55 PM
Sorry Rod, you've lost me there

I think you know more then you like to admit.

Clunk
20th October 2013, 11:06 PM
I think you know more then you like to admit.

Hahahaha righteo...... All you've got to do us ask the guys that know or have met me.

NP99
20th October 2013, 11:08 PM
Found out how deep a stock RB30 can go without picking up water. Note how the water washed the mud from the bonnet. Time for a snorkel methinks.

And a depth gauge on your bumper :)

Yendor
20th October 2013, 11:16 PM
Hahahaha righteo...... All you've got to do us ask the guys that know or have met me.

Sorry, I misjudged you then............

Clunk
20th October 2013, 11:24 PM

That's ok mate, I forgive You!!!!! Hahahaha

Yendor
20th October 2013, 11:45 PM

That's ok mate, I forgive You!!!!! Hahahaha

That's good, because we both know my statement wasn't correct

meh
20th October 2013, 11:57 PM
Drove it for a whole day without anything breaking or going wrong!!!

sil3nt_dr3ams
21st October 2013, 01:35 AM
Made these yesterday

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/10/97.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/10/94.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/10/98.jpg

MEGOMONSTER
21st October 2013, 06:27 AM
Finally got around to fixing my Stebel horns that broke off its mount and was blowing fuses.
Found that they don't like water.
Removed both horns to work out why they were blowing fuses.
Check all wiring from battery to relay to horn and all fine. But why was it arcing blowing fuses. Turned the horns upside down and a shit load of water and mud came out of both of them. Then used my air compressor to blow out and dry the air horns from the inside. Refitted them and they are working, although one of them still sounds a little muffled.

Also cleaned and dusted my air filter off,, picked up a far bit of dust and flys and a giant dragonfly in the filter from my trip to Knockwood.

rafa
21st October 2013, 02:32 PM
Fitted Travel Buddy Stove & Wavebox 12v Microwave.

mudnut
21st October 2013, 07:26 PM
Checked the swivel hubs for water and found some in the d/side. Have pulled it apart and cleaned it all, but have only lightly greased everything, apart from the wheel bearings. I have to wait until funds are available to get new seals. Also found that the small amount of water inside the cab didn't come through the door seal, but through holes in the top of the sill panel and the top of the seams. I have sealed the seam and will get plugs for the holes, even the ones inside the pillar. Also found water had entered the timing belt cover, so I have fitted an air hose nipple, so I can pressurise it with2-3 psi. I have fitted a waterproof winch control box, and you can see the drive train breathers on the fire wall.

Rustyboner81
25th October 2013, 02:38 PM
Hooked a small solar panel up in preparation for my adventure and bout a chrap 12v shower and a pop up ensuit3588535886

Cuppa
25th October 2013, 03:16 PM
Hooked a small solar panel up in preparation for my adventure and bout a chrap 12v shower and a pop up ensuit

I must have missed something? - tell us more about your forthcoming adventure, I love reading about that sort of stuff, helps me keep shuffling toward my next adventure.

Cuppa
25th October 2013, 03:24 PM
Finally got around to fitting my $25 Stebel horn knockoff too. Very loud! Fitted it up over the left hand wheel arch where the second battery used to sit. Welded up a bracket which bolts to the wheel arch using some original threaded bolt holes. Hopefully this will keep it out of the water & grime. The cheap relay supplied was .....cheap! When pulling a spade terminal off, the whole terminal pulled out of the relay, so had to buy another, Got one that is completely sealed. Now when I press the horn I get original & new one sounding, & if the new one ever dies, the original will still work. Should be good for getting those wedgies to leave the carcass before I reach ’em. Might even frighten the odd deaf person too!

firm351
25th October 2013, 04:24 PM
Finally fitted my roof rack that I got second hand off shaun4x4 months ago. Also fitted my new awning that my oldies got me for an early Xmas present.

macca
25th October 2013, 04:32 PM
Fitted Travel Buddy Stove & Wavebox 12v Microwave.

I keep looking at the pie warmers, mmmm I love a good pie

Rustyboner81
25th October 2013, 04:43 PM
I must have missed something? - tell us more about your forthcoming adventure, I love reading about that sort of stuff, helps me keep shuffling toward my next adventure.

Nothing much. Just heading down to WA489's neck of the woods to do some avocado picking and camp all through the national forrests for 11 weeks.
Its only going to be the most epic adventure ive ever had :D

Im getting close i think ive got everything i need now just gotta load it all up and head down in a couple of weeks.

Gonna take a few days to get down there. Im gonna start a new thread before i head off

Cuppa
25th October 2013, 04:56 PM
Nothing much. Just heading down to WA489's neck of the woods

Gonna take a few days to get down there. Im gonna start a new thread before i head off

Will look forward to it, nice country down in that south west corner & some great camping spots.

MEGOMONSTER
25th October 2013, 07:54 PM
Took my BFG muddies off and put the original rims and tyres back on.
I No Likey.
Gotta drive to Yarrawonga tomorrow and back on Sunday.
Why waste the muddies on 600 km of bitumen.

megatexture
25th October 2013, 07:56 PM
I do this regularly it gets annoying lol but worth it

TPC
25th October 2013, 08:03 PM
I No Likey.

Do you have a trolley jack and a rattle gun?
If not it would be a real pain.

Winnie
25th October 2013, 08:27 PM
I do this regularly it gets annoying lol but worth it

Same here. Then I bought a rattle gun and made the job so much easier hahaha

taslucas
25th October 2013, 09:00 PM
Got half a Chubba talking to George......

IT WAS ABOUT TURBOS AND TB42'S YA WEIRDOS!!!!

trekster
25th October 2013, 09:09 PM
I parked my patrol on the grass! Best piece of offroadin' i've done for a few weeks :tease:

Bloodyaussie
25th October 2013, 09:23 PM
I No Likey.

Tell us about it.. I am always swapping out my wheels and now it's sitting on a 4inch lift it looks stupid with 32's on!!

Got lazy though and have still not swapped them after the big trip... chew em out a bit more tomorrow visiting the Pooh!!

taslucas
25th October 2013, 09:27 PM
Tell us about it.. I am always swapping out my wheels and now it's sitting on a 4inch lift it looks stupid with 32's on!!

Townies.......

megatexture
25th October 2013, 09:31 PM
Bought some progecta battery terminals to replace the stock crap they provide fingers x they are as good as they cost lol

megatexture
25th October 2013, 09:33 PM

I've got them and its still a pain in the a$$ lol

MEGOMONSTER
25th October 2013, 09:34 PM

Cordless rattle gun I have purposely bought for this exercise.
Trolley I borrowed. So I'll have to get one.

TPC
25th October 2013, 09:46 PM
Cordless rattle gun I have purposely bought for this exercise.
Trolley I borrowed. So I'll have to get one.
So what are you doing at Yarrawonga?
Stayed there for a week some years back when I had a family reunion at Yackandandah where my grandmother was from.

MEGOMONSTER
25th October 2013, 09:52 PM
So what are you doing at Yarrawonga?
Stayed there for a week some years back when I had a family reunion at Yackandandah where my grandmother was from.

Going to set tents and caravans for the melb cup long weekend.
Gotta get in early otherwise we won't have enough room for everyone.
Stretch's parent are staying to take care of camp while we're gone.
Car is packed ready to go str8 after work.

oncedisturbed
25th October 2013, 11:31 PM
Got new front King Springs installed, hopefully this gets rid if the knock in the front end

Clunk
25th October 2013, 11:57 PM
Got new front King Springs installed, hopefully this gets rid if the knock in the front end
Working Sunday or are you able to come and try them out?

oncedisturbed
26th October 2013, 10:04 AM
Working :(

Rustyboner81
26th October 2013, 10:14 AM
Working Sunday or are you able to come and try them out?

What've you got going on sunday clunky?

Stropp
26th October 2013, 10:23 AM

powerlines run with mic (happygtu) he is over from victoria 11am kfc mundaring be there! :p

Clunk
26th October 2013, 05:21 PM

Yeah mate, powerlines with Stropp.......

Changed the left engine mount, just gotta finish tightening everything up, replace the coil to dizzy HT lead and and earth strap that I managed to break while trying to remove the mount....... What an effin price of a job that was let me tell you. It's not hard, just a friggin fiddly pain in the arse. I am not looking forward to the drivers side

Here's one buggered mount

Rustyboner81
26th October 2013, 05:45 PM
Yeah mate, powerlines with Stropp.......

Changed the left engine mount, just gotta finish tightening everything up, replace the coil to dizzy HT lead and and earth strap that I managed to break while trying to remove the mount....... What an effin price of a job that was let me tell you. It's not hard, just a friggin fiddly pain in the arse. I am not looking forward to the drivers side

Here's one buggered mount

Yep thats buggered

Clunk
26th October 2013, 06:18 PM
Working :(

That's a buggah

AB
26th October 2013, 06:48 PM
Spilt Mongolian sauce all over the seat!!!

Rustyboner81
26th October 2013, 06:52 PM
Spilt Mongolian sauce all over the seat!!!

Aghahahahagahaagahah
Eating and driving?

AB
26th October 2013, 06:56 PM
Aghahahahagahaagahah
Eating and driving?

No, we are having Chinese takeaway and I just got home and realised one of the lids came off....wtf!!!!...lol

Bloodyaussie
26th October 2013, 07:02 PM
No, we are having Chinese takeaway and I just got home and realised one of the lids came off....wtf!!!!...lol

Sabotage.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

Shaun 4x4
26th October 2013, 08:46 PM
Fitted my egr blocking plate, Dawes valve and needle valve. That I got from mudski months ago and have been putting of doing. Must say only took an hour to get the hole lot in, such an easy job.
Now to fine tune it all tomorrow.

BigRAWesty
26th October 2013, 10:38 PM
Started the rims.
They look pretty good I reckon.
3 down 2 to go.

sil3nt_dr3ams
27th October 2013, 12:13 AM
Started the rims.
3 down 2 to go.

Westy whats with the over spray on the tyres?

Stropp
27th October 2013, 12:23 AM
Changed the rear brake pads this arvo, had to free up the pins and grease them as the bottom pins had seized from water and mud.

mudski
27th October 2013, 12:30 AM
Started the rims.
3 down 2 to go.
I assume you aren't using those tyres Kal? Overspray is a biatch..
As for me, the last two week my ride has been parked up and every single piece of non factory wiring has been removed. Well it all started when I had to rip out the carpet for the second time to dry it out as I obviously didn't find my water leak.
Reckon I did now, it was coming from the entry points in the firewall where all the wiring goes in, well, we all my wiring went, was jammed, in. Its all out and a new entry point has been done for the rhs so far. I used a copper joiner in rubber bung through the firewall...
Then I added a length of convoluted tubing to it. Not split tubing as this would defeat the purpose.
I can now run all my electrical cabling down this tube and into the cabin. And its waterproof.
Next was to mount four of the six relays in the relay box and pre wire it.
Now to mount it and the wiring fun begins. Then I do the left side. But I have literally removed every wire from the front seats to the bull bar that was not OEM. I think i may have bitten off a lot more than I can chew here. So I need to atleast put the drivers seat back in and get the indicator and wiper stalks back on so it can be driven.
Plus I wired in and mounted the electronic brake controller too in my hidden glove box. No where else to put it....
PLUS I got a hold of some flat 7core wire and made up a new trailer lead that can be tucked away in where the jack goes in the back. The last trailer plug, even though it was totally seal, still managed to fill up with mud. No pics on the lead.

megatexture
27th October 2013, 01:00 AM
Fitted some projecta battery terminals and ditched the crappy stock ones that didnt want to tighten enough.

AND ORDERD A HARRIS HARDNOSE:clapping::049::animierte-smilies-t:bananarock:

Clunk
27th October 2013, 02:43 AM

Lasts longer than tyre shine!!!!!!!!

Drewboyaus
27th October 2013, 07:04 AM
As for me, the last two week my ride has been parked up and every single piece of non factory wiring has been removed. Well it all started when I had to rip out the carpet for the second time to dry it out as I obviously didn't find my water leak.
Reckon I did now, it was coming from the entry points in the firewall where all the wiring goes in, well, we all my wiring went, was jammed, in. Its all out and a new entry point has been done for the rhs so far. I used a copper joiner in rubber bung through the firewall...
Then I added a length of convoluted tubing to it. Not split tubing as this would defeat the purpose.
I can now run all my electrical cabling down this tube and into the cabin. And its waterproof.
Now to mount it and the wiring fun begins. Then I do the left side. But I have literally removed every wire from the front seats to the bull bar that was not OEM. I think i may have bitten off a lot more than I can chew here. So I need to atleast put the drivers seat back in and get the indicator and wiper stalks back on so it can be driven.
Plus I wired in and mounted the electronic brake controller too in my hidden glove box. No where else to put it....
PLUS I got a hold of some flat 7core wire and made up a new trailer lead that can be tucked away in where the jack goes in the back. The last trailer plug, even though it was totally seal, still managed to fill up with mud. No pics on the lead.

Nice one man! That is one helluva job to take on. Looking good

threedogs
27th October 2013, 07:27 AM
Everytime I see your hidden glove box I remember to do it.
Need a brake in the weather ATM

BigRAWesty
27th October 2013, 07:53 AM

For a little. Will Tyre shine first. The tyres only 5-7 thou left..

mudski
27th October 2013, 10:50 AM
Nice one man! That is one helluva job to take on. Looking good
Thanks. I just remembered now I also have to run some twin 8B&S cable own to the back of the car and soldering in an anderson plug! Plus I decided to run two Av cables from the rear of my 2 din head unit down and underneath the centre console and instal some RCA out jacks on the rear of the console so when we do our long trips the kids can watch DVD on the 10inch screens I got yonks ago. Blaa!!! To much to do!!!

Shaun 4x4
27th October 2013, 09:06 PM
tuned in my dawes and needle valve today. its amazing how much better it feels to drive. you really can feel the better power curve.
only thing i had to wind the dawes right to the limit to get the 16psi and thats after stretching the spring a little as well :confused:

mudski
27th October 2013, 09:16 PM
tuned in my dawes and needle valve today. its amazing how much better it feels to drive. you really can feel the better power curve.
only thing i had to wind the dawes right to the limit to get the 16psi and thats after stretching the spring a little as well :confused:
Shaun. Did you recently buy a brass Tee from my Ebay store?

Shaun 4x4
27th October 2013, 09:20 PM
yer that was me. i ordered your dawes and needle valves months ago but think i lost a tee, only had one and luckily had an old plastic one lying around for a temp job.

mudski
27th October 2013, 10:07 PM
yer that was me. i ordered your dawes and needle valves months ago but think i lost a tee, only had one and luckily had an old plastic one lying around for a temp job.
O.k I'll chuck in a heavy duty spring for ya. Then you will have to re adjust your Dawes again but you won't have to stretch the spring or screw it right down...

Shaun 4x4
27th October 2013, 10:10 PM
Thanks for that. Really appreciate it.

mudski
27th October 2013, 10:17 PM
No probs dude. I only did that because of the awesome pic in your avatar. :) Lol.

Shaun 4x4
27th October 2013, 10:21 PM
Cheers. That was from my second trip to the mundaring powerlines thinking I knew the place so well. Lol

florix
28th October 2013, 09:50 AM
I did this over the weekend... Only thing I haven't swapped for heavier gear also put on some superior stealth diff guards, luckily. Those rocks were big

BigRAWesty
28th October 2013, 12:16 PM
Ouch.. What did you land On??

Stropp
28th October 2013, 04:27 PM
shizen that is not good, i did a bit of damage yesterday too, just bent the bullbar and fractured the front flare.

Drewboyaus
28th October 2013, 05:54 PM
I did this over the weekend... Only thing I haven't swapped for heavier gear also put on some superior stealth diff guards, luckily. Those rocks were big

Nice work!
Bloody lower control arms are the weakest point of a Patrol.
Oh well, looks like an upgrade to the Superior variety!

mudski
28th October 2013, 10:01 PM
Shit I never thought they were hollow.

Rustyboner81
28th October 2013, 10:06 PM
shizen that is not good, i did a bit of damage yesterday too, just bent the bullbar and fractured the front flare.

Good thing i never came then... glad you guys had fun

oncedisturbed
28th October 2013, 11:47 PM
Shit I never thought they were hollow.

x 2, thought they were solid or at least a lot thicker

megatexture
29th October 2013, 12:15 AM
Gave it a polish to remove some excess pin striping

florix
29th October 2013, 07:53 AM
Yeah it was just trying to get over some rocks out emu creek. The lowers were on my to do list. Now the are on my roof racks lol. No big damage just a few arms and a shaft which is good. On bloke put it on the side another did his cv and another put a hole in his tyre 2min in.

my third 256
29th October 2013, 08:03 AM
Yeah it was just trying to get over some rocks out emu creek. The lowers were on my to do list. Now the are on my roof racks lol. No big damage just a few arms and a shaft which is good. On bloke put it on the side another did his cv and another put a hole in his tyre 2min in.
with the arm on the roofrack is that for driving upside down or for low branches and overhangs

Bob
31st October 2013, 02:18 PM
New set of Boots on the Patrol today

Maxxis Bravo AT=771

mudski
31st October 2013, 06:04 PM
Noice Bob!
Me, I changed the water pump and radiator, on my wifes crappadore. Still got crap loads of wiring to do in my troll. But atleast I can drive the car now. I'm fitting two RCA out's on the back of the centre console which connect to my 2din head unit. So the screaming banshee's in the back can watch shite on some screens I have. Thinking of installing two USB ports there two along with the one in the front. My list keeps getting longer.

boots
31st October 2013, 06:31 PM
Just finished loading it up to the gunnels in readiness for a four day camping trip away with the family .sweet ...

Drewboyaus
31st October 2013, 07:05 PM
Just finished loading it up to the gunnels in readiness for a four day camping trip away with the family .sweet ...

Where are you headed mate?

boots
31st October 2013, 07:17 PM
Going down to Inverloch Drew . New neck of the woods for me , never been there .

mudski
31st October 2013, 07:27 PM
I hate you right now. I'm spending my time this weekend cleaning out my garage, fitting a extra power point in there along with en ethernet port getting ready for Monday's NBN instal. Rather be camping...

Drewboyaus
31st October 2013, 07:27 PM
Not been there myself but hear it's pretty nice.
Same as Mudski, this is normally a family trip weekend with a few mates to the Dargo area but nit this year. I have a wedding in Geelong on Sunday where it will be 14 and raining.....

Rustyboner81
31st October 2013, 08:53 PM
Loaded her up. A week early. Just need a large water container for showering and cooking :D36149
Got one of these to go it too.
Got the fridge running off the arkpak now to see how long it will last before the battery gives out....its starting on 87% my guess is i wont get a couple of days out of it

Stropp
31st October 2013, 09:33 PM
Loaded her up. A week early. Just need a large water container for showering and cooking :D36149
Got one of these to go it too.
Got the fridge running off the arkpak now to see how long it will last before the battery gives out....its starting on 87% my guess is i wont get a couple of days out of it

What the heck is it?

mudski
31st October 2013, 09:38 PM
What the heck is it?
Yeah I'd like to know aswell. Also I hope they're not your slippers in the back there Rusty....

Rustyboner81
31st October 2013, 10:07 PM
Yeah I'd like to know aswell. Also I hope they're not your slippers in the back there Rusty....

Hahaha nah there the wifes hahahaha.
Its a resetting target. Shoot the bottom 4 and they flip over then shoot the top and they fall back down

Stropp
31st October 2013, 10:18 PM
Hahaha nah there the wifes hahahaha.
Its a resetting target. Shoot the bottom 4 and they flip over then shoot the top and they fall back down

Ahh I was looking and thinking what's he need a set of heaters like that during summer :)

trekster
31st October 2013, 10:21 PM

threedogs
1st November 2013, 01:11 PM
@ Boots take heaps of Mozzie repellent and I mean heaps.

I finally got around to removing my old paper 40 watt Mr Nissan speakers
are replacing them with 300 watt 4 way poly, Chalk and cheese,
The bad bit is the others for the front never arrived.

As for going away these are the weekends part time drivers go on their annual trip'
plus everywhere will be packed, would rather go next weekend and have the whole place to myself,
that's the way ah ha ah ha I like it

threedogs
1st November 2013, 02:41 PM
Go figure 1 1/2hrs after packing up from fitting rear speakers, the front speakers arrived, hopefully I'll
be able to fit the front ones today, looking forward to poking 4OFF for some hi fi info. What amp to buy etc
I like a sound system with a bit of umpf, not doof