PDA

View Full Version : New Member

spec76
25th January 2012, 09:17 PM
Hi Guys,

Thought I would drop in and give you the down low on myself....

I currently have a 2007 Nissan Patrol ST-L 3.0l Turbo Diesel.. bought it brand new and use it heavily for camping.... just your standard, bull bar, spot lights, roof racks, tow ball, side steps etc... Got a dual battery installed for my 3 way camping fridge... This is probably my 3rd or 4th patrol that I have owned and currently the only one that has ever had a problem... and since I bought it brand new its kinda depressing :)

I'm also situated in QLD... and normally go to the beach of bush for camping with the family / kids.

Cheers

Steve.

Bigrig
25th January 2012, 09:28 PM
G'day Steve - welcome aboard mate!!! Great people, information and laughs to be found on here mate, so don't be shy and join in to make the most of it. We're a pretty active bunch in the south east area, so keep your eye on the Forum Meetups section for QLD and feel free to come along to any and all events - the more the merrier!!!

Enjoy!!

GUtsy ute
25th January 2012, 09:29 PM
Hi Steve,
Welcome to the Forum.
What sort of problems are you having with your Patrol?
Are they ongoing, or have you sorted them?
Lots of help and advice on here, just ask away!

Cheers Gavin

growler2058
25th January 2012, 10:01 PM
G'day Steve welcome aboard mate gotta friendly mob here full of great info and advice

spec76
25th January 2012, 11:23 PM
Hey Gavin,

The problem I' having I posted in the tech section however...

Loss of accelerator when driving on wet roads

Over the last 2 years I have had problems that when I drive my 3.0l turbo diesel 2007 model nissan patrol that for some reason once it rains and I start driving on the wet roads that I loose ALL accerlation. Nissan have replaced the fly by wire accelerator repeatedly but the problem goes away and then returns next time it rains... If you wait for the rain to stop and the weather to clear up so "something" dries and the car continues on like nothing has happened.... I'm kinda stumped.. and Nissan dont know any ideas? Anyone had anything similiar?

I will also keep an eye out for any event on the north side thats for sure... thanks guys.

Dhuck
26th January 2012, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Clunk
26th January 2012, 01:46 AM
g'day Steve and welcome aboard mate, sorry to hear about the problems with the Trol, hopefully you'll get some answers mate

wildgu6
27th January 2012, 04:54 PM
G'day Steve, welcome aboard mate
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Sir Roofy
27th January 2012, 05:48 PM
Welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay
what sort of trouble did you experience
with your rig?

mattyh
27th January 2012, 07:10 PM
Sounds very painful and weird. it must be something else shorting and being somehow linked to the fly by wire

Finly Owner
28th January 2012, 11:51 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Steve

Tim

AB
29th January 2012, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

der
29th January 2012, 06:57 PM
G'day Steve, Welcome to the forum! It sounds you have a really nice 4 wheel drive! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Maxhead
30th January 2012, 07:07 AM
G'Day Steve, welcome to the forum mate