PDA

View Full Version : AB's highly technical advanced dual battery system

AB
24th January 2012, 10:14 PM
I'm running around like a pork chop getting ready to leave for the long weekend camping and realised I have an energy sucking family, Waeco, camper, lights, stereo, etc but no deep cycle...LMAO.

Raced around like a mad man today and just installed this for Australia Day...Another high-tech quality AB product...YEP...lol

Old school manual isolator!!!! Just waiting on Evil Twin, Yendor or Fletch to flame me on this one...lol

Also, I got my old man to make up a power outlet for the rear with 3 plugs, fuses and LED operating lights which may improve my high tech 21st century dual battery monitoring system....lol

Apologies for the fuzzy photos....Yet again!

pearcey
24th January 2012, 10:17 PM
Simply is best AB good job.

AB
24th January 2012, 10:18 PM
Simply is best AB good job.

Just remember to unscrew the isolator, just remember to unscrew the islolator, just remember to bloody unscrew the isolator...LMAO

GUtsy ute
24th January 2012, 10:20 PM
Very nice,

Quite well done for a last minute rush!!
That power outlet is a great idea, very professional looking.

Bigrig
24th January 2012, 10:39 PM
Still better than I could ever achieve ... even if I had more time!!! lmao

Well done boss!!!

the evil twin
25th January 2012, 12:02 AM
snip...

Just waiting on Evil Twin, Vendor or Fletch to flame me on this one...lol

Awwwww... now that is just plain mean. :eck05:

PS, whats the yellow wire for... looks like det cord... thought we only had that on ZD30's :Yahoo!:

rusty_nail
25th January 2012, 12:10 AM
you can get a dual battery kit from super cheap for about 60 bucks, disables the second battery from stealing power from the mains till the mains reaches 14v, simple but effective and cheap... just incase you didnt know these existed

the ferret
25th January 2012, 12:24 AM
All good Andy, I hope you have a very relaxing and pleasant weekend, the wiring looks ok for a quicky, at least you will find the yellow feed wire easier in the DARK!!
Thank you for all your work on my website, I am over the moon.
Have a good and very safe week end
Cheers, the ferret.

NissanGQ4.2
25th January 2012, 06:39 AM
Thank you for all your work on my website, I am over the moon.
Cheers, the ferret.

ahhhh now we know who won the ferretdeflator, sounds like the guessing game was rigged from the start *L*

AB
25th January 2012, 07:04 AM
Awwwww... now that is just plain mean. :eck05:

PS, whats the yellow wire for... looks like det cord... thought we only had that on ZD30's :Yahoo!:

Ejector seat.....lol.....Nah, thats the cord for the Pyro gauge off the dump pipe. I love the TD42's for their simplicity and non electrics but now I'm beginning to make it a spaghetti factory....lol

AB
25th January 2012, 07:04 AM
ahhhh now we know who won the ferretdeflator, sounds like the guessing game was rigged from the start *L*

Wasn't me mate, I just thought I would help out a fellow Patrol owner....lol

Sir Roofy
25th January 2012, 10:10 AM
a good quick fix mate dont forget to to properly when you get home
i found the redarc the easyest to put in and works quite well

Yendor
25th January 2012, 06:12 PM
I'm running around like a pork chop getting ready to leave for the long weekend camping and realised I have an energy sucking family, Waeco, camper, lights, stereo, etc but no deep cycle...LMAO.

Raced around like a mad man today and just installed this for Australia Day...Another high-tech quality AB product...YEP...lol

Old school manual isolator!!!! Just waiting on Evil Twin, Yendor or Fletch to flame me on this one...lol

Also, I got my old man to make up a power outlet for the rear with 3 plugs, fuses and LED operating lights which may improve my high tech 21st century dual battery monitoring system....lol

Apologies for the fuzzy photos....Yet again!

Now I know why my ears were burning.....lol

To quote Schultz, from a classic TV series "I see nothing...I know nothing". :biggrin:

Have a great long weekend AB.

HippoNZ
25th January 2012, 08:12 PM
off topic......AB your engine bay looks waaayyy to clean haha