PDA

View Full Version : Sub tank self drains

ilovebeer
24th January 2012, 10:39 AM
My sub tank is self transfering sometimes when i get to about half on the main tank. Any thoughts?

Sir Roofy
24th January 2012, 11:15 AM
your sub tank will start working while you warm up in the morning and comes on auto when you
have a quater or less in the mains(haha sometimes) designed to do this to keep turning fuel over so it wont go stale and keep seals in good nick

teno45
24th January 2012, 11:16 AM
Does it do the whole tank? Or just a little bit every time you start the car?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

my third 256
24th January 2012, 11:18 AM
your sub tank will start working while you warm up in the morning and comes on auto when you
have a quater or less in the mains(haha sometimes) designed to do this to keep turning fuel over so it wont go stale and keep seals in good nick
not on mine it doesnt i have to manually switch it over (press the button ) doesnt even mention it in the manual what you have said
could be a faulty switch im thinking

Sir Roofy
24th January 2012, 11:20 AM
i can do that as well but it does come on as said

macca86
24th January 2012, 12:15 PM
for the first 5 sec in petrol and 10 sec in diesel the sub tank will transfer to the main at start up once the main has reached 3/4 to half tank. you can still transfer manually from sub to main if needed( like when I drove to 700km from brisbane to rocky)

wildgu6
24th January 2012, 01:13 PM
Dejavue, there is another thread about subs draining ,not so long ago, but not sure where.Maybe someone can dig it up for ya to have a read.

On crappa talk at mo' and can't find jack.

ilovebeer
24th January 2012, 02:04 PM
It doesn't do the whole tank just about a 1/4 of the sub

ilovebeer
24th January 2012, 02:06 PM
If that is the case, it does only do it sometimes, not a massive deal but a bit of a pain when you don't notice.

macca86
24th January 2012, 02:27 PM
it only moves a bit at a time doesn't transfer the whole amount. you never use fuel from the sub only from the main tank sub just tops up the main unlike other sub tank systems

macca86
24th January 2012, 02:38 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?7102-Sub-Tanks&highlight=subtank

Sir Roofy
24th January 2012, 04:17 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?7102-Sub-Tanks&highlight=subtank

good one macca new it was here but got lazy
thanks for that

Maxhead
24th January 2012, 04:43 PM
Never had the sub draining by itself. My understanding is it will kick in on start-up only to keep the seals wet, so it's not a good idea having the sub empty.
What model are we talking about?

macca86
25th January 2012, 11:20 AM
Never had the sub draining by itself. My understanding is it will kick in on start-up only to keep the seals wet, so it's not a good idea having the sub empty.
What model are we talking about?

GU's mate My log books says that all diesel and petrol motoed engines do it to keep seal and parts working. I can't scan it but does it once 3/4 or 1/2 is reached on the main the sub will start transfering over on start up. If you do long journy's all the time you won't notice it if lots of start stops you should see sub tank go down

ilovebeer
28th January 2012, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the info macca, it sounds right now that I think about it, as I did a long drive when it didn't drain itself!