PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pressure issues

lawaedcia
23rd January 2012, 08:45 PM
How are we people?? Got a massive problem with my 95 GQ turbo diesel and the equivalent story to go with it.

Needed a new head for the 4x4 after the Mechanic I took it to completely stuffed me and didn't do the job properly thus the engine over heated and the head cracked. That being covered by waranty I was able to take the 4x4 to another mechanics to have the head fixed and a few other various bits an pieces. Bare in mind that before this head change the car always started perfectly fine, first go every time.

I got the call that the car was fine to be picked up, after finishing work I went to the mechanics (it was about 8 pm at this time so I had to pick up the key). The car started second time, the next morning the same thing, after work that same day the same thing and so on and so fourth.

So just to reiterate if i drive the car to the shopping centre and go shopping for an hour it will start fine after returning, but if it is left for anymore than maybe 4 - 5 hours, it is then I begin to have a problem with the starting so much so that I have to prime it everytime I want to start it, so it is obviously losing pressure. It is at the point now that if i prime it everytime i try to start it, eg: if I prime it in the morning and it doesn't start then i'll need to prime it again and again until it does.

- I have changed the filter
- I have tested the primer by plugging the end and trying to prime it but it would'nt allow any more pressure
- I have tested the hoses

I currently feel like I'm running out of things to test
any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Mat

YNOT
23rd January 2012, 08:51 PM
Welcome to the forum Mat.

I assume your talking about an RD28T - 2.8 turbo diesel?

When you prime the fuel system is the primer easy/soft to begin with? If it is then you have an air leak which is often caused by either a leaking lift pump or fuel filter.

Tony