PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Member

Dr Gary
19th January 2012, 03:41 PM
I am new to the forum. I have a 2006 GU. It followed my 1991 GQ which provided sterling service.
I am retired and enjoying finally using all the toys.
"Dr Gary"

mikewrigley
19th January 2012, 03:46 PM
Welcome Dr, I'm a newbie myself (though I'm new to both 4wd, patrol ownership and this forum!!! Just in the process of getting my 97 GQ ship-shape and ready for action. Everyone's been great to me so far and I think the forum can answer more than the manual (my trouble is, I don't know what any of the parts are actually called so need the diagrams for that!!! Trade engineer but not on cars!).

Happy retirement!!!! :)

AB
19th January 2012, 03:53 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

mikewrigley
19th January 2012, 03:56 PM
Dr, am I correct in thinking you're from Mississippi? :confused:

Dr Gary
19th January 2012, 04:07 PM
While I am Australian, I did spend a lot of Quality time in Mississippi. I Earned my PhD there, and taught University. Loved it even is hot, humid summers. Alos had an 8 year stint in Texas-almost as good.

Dhuck
19th January 2012, 04:11 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

mikewrigley
19th January 2012, 04:14 PM
Well travelled then :) I've come from the UK myself (6 years ago) and (before the kids!) used to love travelling (well, holidays ;) ).

Only ever been to New Hampshire in USA though but was fantastic country!

Dr Gary
19th January 2012, 04:17 PM
For what it's worth, my GQ was a 1991 Maverick 4.2 and it was fitted with a Denco Turbo. Made it a super car and a pleasure to drive. Finally sold it after 14 years--little niggles like door locks, window winders etc etc. It wad a great truck.
The 3.0 Turbo GU I now have is more refined, body is worse, and power is about the same.
Good luck with yours

mikewrigley
19th January 2012, 04:27 PM
Cheers, so far so good. Only small things to do on it....door locks, clean up, steering shaft needs new rubber washer on the end of it (methinks) and last, but certainly not least....shocks and bushes (and steering damper!). But at $3500 I was pretty happy with my purchase as motor runs like a dream and even the A/C works!!!

growler2058
19th January 2012, 04:29 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard

DX grunt
19th January 2012, 04:38 PM
G'day Doc

Welcome aboard and great to have you here.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Bigrig
19th January 2012, 05:32 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

Enjoy!!

taslucas
19th January 2012, 05:53 PM
For what it's worth, my GQ was a 1991 Maverick 4.2 and it was fitted with a Denco Turbo. Made it a super car and a pleasure to drive. Finally sold it after 14 years--little niggles like door locks, window winders etc etc. It wad a great truck.
The 3.0 Turbo GU I now have is more refined, body is worse, and power is about the same.
Good luck with yours

Gday mate, Whats up doc? welcome to the forum.
4.2 mav would have been pretty tough. Sounds like you downgraded in my opinion! haha just kidding, that will get a few bites!

wildgu6
19th January 2012, 09:03 PM
G'day Doc, Great lot here, tons of rubble to dig through,
Jump in and enjoy mate.

Cheers Pete

Clunk
20th January 2012, 12:33 AM
g'day Dr and welcome aboard mate

Maxhead
20th January 2012, 06:32 PM
G'Day Dr Grey, welcome to the forum mate