PDA

View Full Version : Sd33

ccpeart
18th January 2012, 11:55 AM
has anyone Turbo'd a Nissan Diesel SD33 engine, can you get aftermarket kits? whats a safe pressure to run it at ? is it worth my time to do it?

taslucas
18th January 2012, 12:27 PM
Hi, I have seen aftermarket turbo kits for the sd33. Can't remember who did them but I know they're out there.

the ferret
18th January 2012, 01:46 PM
I think you would be better off chasing up an SD33T and 5 speed box and doing a swap, that way you get all the bits as they are 12v, BUT, it can and has been done,The piston ring set up is not the same.
Cheers, the ferret.

MQ MAD
19th January 2012, 10:53 AM
I think you would be better off chasing up an SD33T and 5 speed box and doing a swap, that way you get all the bits as they are 12v, BUT, it can and has been done,The piston ring set up is not the same.
Cheers, the ferret.
Pritty much it in a nutshell

Good factory turbo manifolds ive seen for sale , with 2nd hand turbo around the $500 mark, you can run the n/a injection pump , but the turbo motor has its own injection pump
For the price of a good running , turbo motor youll be lucky to source the bits you need for cheaper
Safe boost , the turbo motors run 7-8 PSI from factory, you can turn up the boost ,and the turbo IP will handle up to 10 PSI without turning it up
Over that just turn the IP fuel up
Theres blokes running 15 PSI,intercooled
BUT , as with any oldish engine , its condition must be good before ramming heaps of boost down its throat