PDA

View Full Version : oversprung

ccpeart
18th January 2012, 11:47 AM
I've just got a 1985 3.3 Safari, (which I've been led to believe is the same thing as a patrol, at the momment the leaf springs are under the beam axles, I wan to pu them over instead. as far as I know I have to chang the shocks, has anyone done this do I need to worry about brake lines and Drive shafts? and if possible could you tell me how much lift will it give me??

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2012, 12:12 PM
It will give you at least 4 or 5 inches straight away. You will certainly need brake lines to both diffs. Your shocks will be Way to short and your tails shafts will be all wrong.

I think i read elsewhere that your car is a Shorty? if this is right then your likely going to need an extra joint in your rear tail shaft to deal with the crazy pinion angle.

Are you in Australia? If so then i'd be inclined to put a proper lift in instead with new springs and shocks. It is false economics mate. New suspension will be far more productive that a Spring Over with Nissan factory shocks that were made in 1983. They will be shagged mate.

my 2c