PDA

View Full Version : Brake pads

zmaster
18th January 2012, 02:50 AM
Need brake pads for the Gq, I am keen on the EBC greenstuff 6000 or 7000, but can't find any in sydney, emailed RDA who seem to supply them, and was told they don't import them for the twin piston Gq. Does anyone have these pads on a twin piston Gq? What pads are people using? Mine's an auto, so it uses the brakes often, the factory pads seem lame, pretty hard to pull up, maybe they're all like that, any thoughts?

timbar
18th January 2012, 02:59 AM
i USE THE bENDIX 4X4 DB123 pads they work fine and last a while I do a lot of city driving and I tow a heavy trailer without brakes on the trailer and i get around 120k out of my pads not bad concidering you usually only get around 40 to 50k out of normal pads

BearGUST
18th January 2012, 09:28 AM
Get on to this guy:
www.onautos.com.au
He sells heaps of brake pads, rotors, etc at good prices and is pretty switched on! He'll point you in the right direction.

wildgu6
18th January 2012, 09:38 AM
Been a Bendix man on all my vehicles for past 28 yrs with no prob's what so ever. The old man used them for years before that too. Top pads and great stopping power.

Mrowka
19th January 2012, 04:20 AM
Whatever you do, DO NOT cheap out here.

my third 256
20th January 2012, 09:15 AM
i got mine from repco when they had their discount war produce your raa card or racv card to get i think it was 25% off been good pads with no problems

Steve cooper
21st January 2012, 09:20 PM
X3 for bendix pads here to mate, they are especially good when used on a unfaced/unmachined rotor.

However, our workshop has been using the new Repco branded pads (essentially reboxed ferodo pads) recently with good results, so another option if needed.

YNOT
21st January 2012, 09:33 PM
X3 for bendix pads here to mate, they are especially good when used on a unfaced/unmachined rotor.

However, our workshop has been using the new Repco branded pads (essentially reboxed ferodo pads) recently with good results, so another option if needed.

Watch the Repco branded parts, they're often more expensive than the name brands from my experience.

Tony

Steve cooper
21st January 2012, 10:16 PM
Have found the same thing to, however for memory bendix 4wd pads retail at $99 a set, repco branded pads retail about $85????

Plenty of room for them to move on either of those prices though, sweet talk the guy at the counter a bit :)

YNOT
21st January 2012, 10:20 PM
Show your RACQ card at Repco for a discount.

Tony