PDA

View Full Version : New member, returning from the dark side.........

Steve cooper
17th January 2012, 09:30 PM
Hi all,
Well, after owning a Lexus lx470 as our only 4wd for the last 3 years it's up for sale and I'm returning from the dark side!!

The Lexus cruiser is one awesome truck, it had a Harrop blower and a few other goddies on it, but I could never bring myself to take it out in the bush, so it's making way for a HSV and a patrol!!!

I'm looking for a gu with either a petrol engine(to turbo charge) or a blown up zd30(replace with v8), so if anyone knows of anything let me know!

My last proper patrol was a GQ with a vs ss 5 liter v8, lift, lockers, winch and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember now........ I always regretted selling it coz I had so much fun bashing it around, I sold it to a good mate and lately seeing it has made me want to do it all over again so here we go!

Anyway just thought I'd say hi and that this is a great looking forum I can't wait to join in, help, be helped and perhaps see a few of u around in the bush!

Later
Steve cooper

YNOT
17th January 2012, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the forum Steve,

Find one with a manual gearbox if you can, they have a stronger rear diff which it sounds like you'll need. It shouldn't be too hard to find a GU with a blown 3lt!

Tony

wildgu6
17th January 2012, 09:45 PM
G'day Buddy welcome aboard
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

growler2058
17th January 2012, 09:53 PM
Gday Steve welcome aboard mate gotta friendly mob here full of great info and advice

Steve cooper
17th January 2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks fellas, feel welcome already!

YNOT, agree totally about the manual, I transplanted an ls1 into a good friends 02 gu with a blown zd30, his was an auto and even with a shift kit that gearbox never felt like it enjoyed twice the power goin through it, although he was very happy with it.

I wasn't aware that autos and manuals had different size diffs, I know the ratios changed between engine and gearbox fitted, but not on transmission type. Might have to research that bit off I go............

Bigrig
17th January 2012, 10:21 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

We're an active bunch in the south east mate, so keep an eye on the forum meetups section for qld and feel free to come along and say g'day over a coldie!!

Enjoy!!

YNOT
17th January 2012, 10:27 PM
All auto petrol, 2.8 and 4.2 diesel manual GU's had H233b diffs both ends, a very strong diff in their own right. Pre about 2004 4.5 petrol, 4.8 petrol and 3lt diesel GU Patrols with manual transmission had the larger H260 rear diff.

Tony

Steve cooper
17th January 2012, 10:33 PM
Cheers YNOT, great info!!

Bigrig, I'll join up with u guys for sure when I get the new truck sorted, probably not much point bringing the current one................

Bigrig
17th January 2012, 10:37 PM
Cheers YNOT, great info!!

Bigrig, I'll join up with u guys for sure when I get the new truck sorted, probably not much point bringing the current one................

No matter mate - bring it along just to say g'day!! We're up at Landcruiser from Aussie day to Sunday, so being you're up the coast slip over if you get the chance (even just for a day trip).

Steve cooper
17th January 2012, 10:49 PM
I'll see what I can do mate, haven't been out to cruiser park for a while, used to have a blast out there in the old truck.

I'll be in touch

Bigrig
17th January 2012, 10:50 PM
I'll see what I can do mate, haven't been out to cruiser park for a while, used to have a blast out there in the old truck.

I'll be in touch

Too easy boss!!

Clunk
17th January 2012, 11:25 PM
g'day Steve and welcome aboard mate

timbar
17th January 2012, 11:32 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Dhuck
17th January 2012, 11:33 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
18th January 2012, 07:53 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, good to have you on board!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Sir Roofy
18th January 2012, 10:50 AM
Welcome aboard steve enjoy your stay

Maxhead
19th January 2012, 09:51 AM
G'Day Steve, welcome to the forum mate

DX grunt
19th January 2012, 10:12 AM
G'day Steve.

Welcome to the forum and great to have you onboard.

Welcome back to the dark side. Apparently Lexus and bush pin striping aren't good friends. lol

Looking forward to reading your build.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Steve cooper
21st January 2012, 07:06 PM
Thank you for the welcome guys, can't wait to meet some of u!!

A quick question, how can I become a forum sponsor, these adds are quite annoying......

Maxhead
21st January 2012, 07:14 PM
Thank you for the welcome guys, can't wait to meet some of u!!

A quick question, how can I become a forum sponsor, these adds are quite annoying......

Good to have you on board as well
To become the forum sponsor hit the "forum sponsorship" tab up the top or here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/sponsorship.html)

Steve cooper
21st January 2012, 07:33 PM
Ahh got it thanks mate, I'm viewing this on an iPad and it's covered by the forum search field doh !

Steve cooper
21st January 2012, 07:39 PM
All done :)

Finly Owner
29th January 2012, 01:50 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Steve

Tim

paulyg
29th January 2012, 07:35 AM
Hi Steve and welcome back from the dark side.