PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, just bought a 1992 LWB High Roof manual 4.2 diesel

nzmal
17th January 2012, 05:17 PM
It's a great machine, I bought it after towing my boat before Christmas with my Isuzu Bighorn (Blew the Bighorn up and needed another vehicle to get away on holiday).
One thing that surprises me reading these forums is the number of people adding turbos to their non-turbo deisel 4.2s. Even though mine has no turbo it still has heaps of grunt and more than enough to keep me happy. It doesn't have the fast acceleration that the Bighorn had (turbo 3.1L) but it's not far away. My father-in-law has a VX Landcruiser 4.2 turbo diesel and my Nissan will hold it off (although his has done 500k and mine's only at 150k)
One thing I need to sort out is getting some flared guards as it's running 32 x 11.5 tyres on off set rims and the tyres are 75mm wider than the body at present.

It just feels like a real 4 x 4. Having owned a string of hilux's and teh Bighorn, none of them came close to feeling as solid as this Nissan. I love it!

Bigrig
17th January 2012, 05:26 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

Enjoy!!

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2012, 05:36 PM
Welcome mate, good buy, if you think the TD42 is a strong motor without a Turbo it is a Joy with a Turbo bolted to the side mate, It just does Everything easier, Better fuel economy, easier hill climbs, towing. It just loves it.

Bolt on a Turbo and you will never look back.

Welcome and have a good read.

growler2058
17th January 2012, 05:50 PM
Gday mal welcome aboard mate, gotta friendly mob here full of great info and advice. Wheel arch flares, a lot of fellas here use plastic edge strip from Bunnings hardware, looks sh1tHot and is stong and flexible

Dhuck
17th January 2012, 06:17 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

nzmal
17th January 2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks Guys,
I'm blown away with how active and friendly this forum is...
I saw the Bunnings Flare set up and it may be the way I end up going...since I'm cheaper than a shop full of budgies.

wildgu6
17th January 2012, 06:34 PM
G'day Buddy welcome aboard
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Hope you enjoy the site as much as your rig

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Clunk
17th January 2012, 11:50 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard

timbar
18th January 2012, 02:02 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Maxhead
19th January 2012, 09:49 AM
G'Day NZMal, welcome to the forum mate