PDA

View Full Version : why would my passenger side rocker pannel be filling up with water in the rain?

bobbrumby
17th January 2012, 02:06 PM
noticed a sloshing noise when braking/accelerating it appears the the passenger side rocker pannel has some water in it, the drivers side already had a drain hole drilled at the rear of the cab by the previous owner. Anyone know where the water that goes after it gets into the air inlet for the blower?

bobbrumby
17th January 2012, 04:59 PM
i ended up drilling a hole right at the front above where the front guard bolts to the rocker a couple of liters came out. found this article: patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/rain-water-through-aircon-c-blower-passenger-footwell-60643/

might have to take off the pannel and have a looksie. How is the water meant to drain from the blower inlet below the windscreen?

NOTE: DIRECT LINKS HAVE BEEN REMOVED DUE TO PATROL4X4's VIRUS PROBLEMS, ENTERING THE ABOVE LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER YOU DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

KIND REGARDS

FORUM MANAGEMENT

growler2058
17th January 2012, 05:51 PM
I think they're like ol
Holden's and there is a drain that gets blocked up with leaves and stuff

BearGUST
17th January 2012, 07:18 PM
I'm pretty sure there should be drain holes, the tyre tread literally pumps water into that area so you won't stop water getting in there very easily.