PDA

View Full Version : Landcrusier 100- 4wd lever stuck

Aben Dean
17th January 2012, 05:05 AM
yesterday my dad tried to shift the little 4wd lever on his 05'LC 100-series but it seemed to be stuck and didn't move up or down. I know this is for Patrol's but my dad asked just to ask if anyone knows what would be the issue. i put the main gear to N (neutral) before trying to shift the 4wd lever but doesn't move.

Maxhead
17th January 2012, 06:28 AM
yesterday my dad tried to shift the little 4wd lever on his 05'LC 100-series but it seemed to be stuck and didn't move up or down. I know this is for Patrol's but my dad asked just to ask if anyone knows what would be the issue. i put the main gear to N (neutral) before trying to shift the 4wd lever but doesn't move.

Not really sure on the answer but someone with a bit more knowledge will hopefully help out.
Have you tried to shift it while moving slowly?

YNOT
17th January 2012, 06:45 AM
The shift mechanism will be rusted up from lack of use (typical landcruiser - posers car!), take the mechanism off the side of the gearbox and free it up out of the vehicle.

Tony

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2012, 09:05 AM
Did he push it down towards the floor first? If it is like the GU Patrol he will need to push the lever down first to get it out of the slot then back or forward for selection. If that does not work then Tony is right and it's a bucket of crap that has not been used and is rusted shut.

Good luck.

Aben Dean
17th January 2012, 09:39 AM
na its not the push type lever........may have to give it to the toyota dealer to check....damn its 2005 model and this shouldn't happen just yet! did try shifting at moving, dont wana force n break any major part!

hutchy84
17th January 2012, 11:05 AM
Tell him to sell it and buy a nissan lol

na its not the push type lever........may have to give it to the toyota dealer to check....damn its 2005 model and this shouldn't happen just yet! did try shifting at moving, dont wana force n break any major part!

gec
17th January 2012, 11:17 AM
Tell him he frightened it, it thought it would have to go offroad so it just seized up, tell him to assure it that its staying on the blacktop where it belongs and it will probably be OK lol.
:driving2:

Aben Dean
17th January 2012, 12:30 PM
lol.....my patrol is getting a pump and injector service done atm cant tell him the above stuffs as yet!

YNOT
17th January 2012, 02:57 PM
lol.....my patrol is getting a pump and injector service done atm cant tell him the above stuffs as yet!

Your stuff is worn from years of use, his is seized from lack of use, big difference haha!

Tony

the evil twin
17th January 2012, 04:27 PM
Sooooo much hate in the world today.... I., on the other hand, can always be relied upon to help.

IMHO the linkage and transfer case is frozen. Very common problem in the Cruisers

To 'unfreeze' it the best method is heat so to fix the issue permanently get about 6 or 8 timber pallets thoroughly soaked in Petrol.
Stack 'em about 3 high and park the Cruiser so the Transfer Case is directly above them, light it up and stand back.
After it all cools down in a day or two you won't need to engage 4WD anymore so problem gone.

It is much, much more satisfactory fix if it is a Prado rather than a 'Hundred' that has the issue tho.

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2012, 05:38 PM
Sooooo much hate in the world today.... I., on the other hand, can always be relied upon to help.

IMHO the linkage and transfer case is frozen. Very common problem in the Cruisers

To 'unfreeze' it the best method is heat so to fix the issue permanently get about 6 or 8 timber pallets thoroughly soaked in Petrol.
Stack 'em about 3 high and park the Cruiser so the Transfer Case is directly above them, light it up and stand back.
After it all cools down in a day or two you won't need to engage 4WD anymore so problem gone.

It is much, much more satisfactory fix if it is a Prado rather than a 'Hundred' that has the issue tho.

And THAT ^^ Ladies and Gentlemen, is why ET is an asset to this here forum.

Another Quality post by Ol' mate.

I hope that clears things up for your friend and i am proud that we could help in your time of need.

Kindest possible regards MR

Dark 1
17th January 2012, 06:32 PM
Tell him to sell it and buy a nissan lol

Yeh I know where theirs a good patrol for sale. lol.