PDA

View Full Version : looking for a good mechanic in Perth

putin
16th January 2012, 01:52 PM
hello guys! I have a trouble with my GU, there is a big vibration on the steering and sometimes it shakes dangerously and the car pull on left.
Bridgestone service (I prefer not say wich one) said that it is normal for Nissan Patrol (WTH!!), I asked them to check the alligment but they didn't saying that the problem is not here!
I brought the car to a mechanic (just found on the yellow pages) and he tried the car and lifted it. He said that the steering is not new but not too bad, probably needs just alligment and the normal tyres service. So I did.

The car is a little bit better ( still pull left but less) and the shakes is exactly the same (WTF!!)

is there any good mechanic who has an idea about this car?? the areas are Balcatta, Ozzy Park or Malaga.

note, the car is under warranty and also the dealer said that it is normal for this car.

I cannot believe that.

rusty_nail
16th January 2012, 01:55 PM
sounds a bit rubbish to me mate, if its so new shouldnt be any troubles such a wheel balance or bad wear. good luck with the hunt!!!

Bigrig
16th January 2012, 01:59 PM
hello guys! I have a trouble with my GU, there is a big vibration on the steering and sometimes it shakes dangerously and the car pull on left.
Bridgestone service (I prefer not say wich one) said that it is normal for Nissan Patrol (WTH!!), I asked them to check the alligment but they didn't saying that the problem is not here!
I brought the car to a mechanic (just found on the yellow pages) and he tried the car and lifted it. He said that the steering is not new but not too bad, probably needs just alligment and the normal tyres service. So I did.

The car is a little bit better ( still pull left but less) and the shakes is exactly the same (WTF!!)

is there any good mechanic who has an idea about this car?? the areas are Balcatta, Ozzy Park or Malaga.

note, the car is under warranty and also the dealer said that it is normal for this car.

I cannot believe that.

Have you checked all the bushes/rubbers? Especially the radius arm bushes on the chassis? Steering bushes, casters, etc - sounds very specific to those sorts of items ...

Good luck with it mate

putin
16th January 2012, 02:00 PM
I bought this used car just last December, it is not so new, it's a TI 4.5 but still under warranty. When I tried the car I didn't push to 90 km/h where the vibration is very strong. I tought that the car just needed balancing

Bigrig
16th January 2012, 02:14 PM
I bought this used car just last December, it is not so new, it's a TI 4.5 but still under warranty. When I tried the car I didn't push to 90 km/h where the vibration is very strong. I tought that the car just needed balancing

Have a squiz at those rubbers mate, and if you bought it second hand, has the vibration been there since you got it? If so, another possible is does it have large offset (negative - sticking out away from the car) rims?

Also, have the tyres been checked for delamination (out of round due to the tread coming away - problem experienced when tyres are run under pressure on the road and they heat up and can delaminate).