PDA

View Full Version : NADS on 06 GU just before common rail

bastardo
14th January 2012, 01:10 PM
Hi all,
I got one of those anti hand grenade kits from cross country 4x4. I did the catch can this morning and was looking it over and realized it only came with dawes valve and no needle valve. I went to a 4x4 shop and the guy was saying between 03 and 06 GU's don't really need the NADS. Can anyone chime in on this and give me your experiences. I have ordered a TUNIT CHIP through them. The guy was saying Boost and Pyro not really that critical to have either.
Kinda feeling now that I basically paid $320 for a catch can if I don't really need to do EGR and the dawes/needle.

Any help/comments much appreciated..

Sir Roofy
14th January 2012, 02:56 PM
mate i have an 02 model and in the process of doing the mods
if it puts ur mind at rest just do it if something did go wrong you,d be wishing you
had done it $300 aposed to thousands youve got it put it in

macca86
14th January 2012, 02:58 PM
03 to 06 3.0 di motors are less prone to the disaster that was 00 to 02 motors. Blocking the EGR valve is good and fitting the catch can is good stops all the crud you saw in your intercooler so makes your car run cooler and more efficient also stops fouling on your maff sensor which stops the error code and over fueling. you have the boost guage to make sure it doesn't over boost and the pyro to make sure you don't melt pistons due to the over fueling so all worth while. Like everything everyone has an opinion and mechanics are good to ask what's what on cars but have a think about it everyone here and other patrols recomend them for just in case and these things are good to know. the people here live and breath patrols so relax in knowing that you can stop your car blowing up since you have the guages and prventitive maintainance. The dawes valve manually stops it over boosting and you don't need the needle valve but having one you can change the way your turbo spools to suit your driving

bastardo
16th January 2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks Macca86, I definitely agree and think Ill do it for piece of mind and because I'm building this for family trips I want it reliable as possible.