PDA

View Full Version : New owner new member

DeJay
14th January 2012, 07:05 AM
First time Nissan 4x4 owner. Living in the top of NZ in rural / bush. Have been dreaming of owning a SWB Patrol for so long now and finally have one. I've got a Safari Granroad SWB 1989 in amazing condition. PTO winch, spotlights, tow hooks, running boards, shiny wheels and all the bells and whistles. Have a few questions about it so will post a thread in the appropriate section. I'll be using the truck for work mostly but will from time to time be used recreationaly. I'm not a 'petrol head' do have basic knowledge and interest in mechanics. Most of my time I am working around the greater community with people who have no money. I build and fix their homes, sheds, gardens and anything else they REALLY need help with. I'm a bit of a hippy at heart but nothing too extreme ( haven't hugged any trees lately or danced naked under the moon ). I want my truck to last me a long longtime so it will be loved on and treated as such.

growler2058
14th January 2012, 07:07 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here full of great info and advice

Sir Roofy
14th January 2012, 07:10 AM
welcome aboard mate glad to hear your a helpful sort of a bloke
enjoy your stay

AB
14th January 2012, 07:15 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

DeJay
14th January 2012, 07:27 AM
Awsome thanks guys. Glad you don't mind a Kiwi in here LOL.

AB
14th January 2012, 07:30 AM
Awsome thanks guys. Glad you don't mind a Kiwi in here LOL.

Plenty of Kiwi's on here mate, go nuts!

Dhuck
14th January 2012, 08:40 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

DX grunt
14th January 2012, 08:50 AM
G'Day DJ

Welcome to the forum and great to have you onboard.

Take care out there.

Rossco

wildgu6
14th January 2012, 10:33 AM
G'day Buddy welcome aboard
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Maxhead
14th January 2012, 12:27 PM
G'Day Dejay, welcome to the forum mate

Clunk
17th January 2012, 11:35 PM
g'day DeJay and welcome aboard mate...... didn't think you'd be hugging too many trees owning a Patrol mate!!!! lol

timbar
18th January 2012, 04:00 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

nzmal
18th January 2012, 06:35 AM
Hi DeJay,
I spent the morning checking out where to buy parts and oil filters online and trademe have a heap of well priced gear. Oil filters for $10 (although mine needs the Z416 and they were out of stock)