PDA

View Full Version : Shock absorbers, adjustable types, compare em.

Robo
11th January 2012, 08:12 PM
:) HI EVERYONE.
After some input on manners of variable shocks on the road.
2" lift medium strength springs.
Trying to decide on upgrade shocks

Tough dog 40mm adjustable.
Boss adjustable.
Rancho adjustable.
And any others available???

For day to day running around town.
Which setting used?.
Rd condition, rough smooth potholes etc.
Loaded with heavy trailer.

even describe your setup and settings if you like.
Go for it with the info.

MudRunnerTD
11th January 2012, 08:32 PM
Thats an easy one mate.

They are all junk!!

Buy some Old Man Emu Nitro Charger infinitely Variable valving. You will NEVER replicate the ride quality of a variable Valved shock with a manual adjustment.

Rip'n'Shred
11th January 2012, 09:39 PM
I'll be watching this one as I would like to know too.

MudDonk
11th January 2012, 11:09 PM
howdy robo ive seen the boss adjustables in action, in a long travel 3" lift kit (check out torque 4x4) and towing a camper, same vehicle adjust em 3 clicks and tows very well whilst allowing huge suspension travel on the softer settings, i am gettin them on my truck in 3 days after seeing swampy's gq with em...my gq isn't my daily driver so am happy to compromise road riding for adjustable suspension to suit the terrain.

Robo
12th January 2012, 09:58 AM
Funny you mention OME as that's what I want to replace. I can hear em air-rating the oil just bouncing the car by hand, sounds like insifficant oil in shock as this happens even cold.

GBrowne
12th January 2012, 12:07 PM
My 2c worth .... I don't know if it's much help but I run Tough Dog big bore adjustables with 4 and 5 ' lifts and they are great. I can 'tune' them to what i am doing.
In the past for towing heavy loads with 2' lift I fitted poly-air bags with a modifed adjusterin the rear springs. I know that it was more for ride height, but it also helped to a degree with dampening.