PDA

View Full Version : FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER pic anyone???

td42dan
10th January 2012, 03:19 PM
hi there, im new on this site, was just wanting to know if anyone could post up some
pics of there front mount intercooler pics, and maybe a little info on what i\cooler they used and what
size piping???? im looking at putting a 600x300x76 on my td42 shortly and just chasing some input.
just in the process of getting some pics and info of my patrol on the intro section. cheers in advance.

Bigrig
10th January 2012, 03:42 PM
Hey mate

I've got a Ford XR6Turbo Intercooler in the front of mine which is about the same measurements as yours. Had to recess the Air Con radiator a bit and move the Power Steering cooler and Oil Cooler, and install New A/C fan, but all in all didn't end up too bad ... photo's below ...

The end result - had to carve away the fins on the grill to accomodate the size of the intercooler, and ended up using coloured mesh from Autobarn to fill the gaps left ... also had to cut the bottom of the grill away along the entire length, but virtually un-noticable due to the front bar ...

Don't forget to throw up that intro mate ... just something we ask for out of courtesy etc.

Welcome aboard either way!!

Wine_maker
10th January 2012, 03:58 PM
You have 3 radiators in front of the main one, and they aren't provoke the overheat?

Bigrig
10th January 2012, 04:04 PM
You have 3 radiators in front of the main one, and they aren't provoke the overheat?

Doesn't over heat too bad - only on heavy tracks at low speed generally, but that could be sorted with thermo fans I guess ...

td42dan
11th January 2012, 11:19 AM
thanks (BIGRIG), gunna sort out my intro post now. hopefully some members on here have pics of a TD42 fmic setup
and install, not a bad set up you got with the i\cooler, nice rig.

td42dan
14th January 2012, 12:03 PM
anyone used or no of what these i\coolers are like???? there off e-bay a mob called AUTURBO.....

Bigrig
14th January 2012, 03:59 PM
anyone used or no of what these i\coolers are like???? there off e-bay a mob called AUTURBO.....

Look very (and I mean "very") similar to the Cooler Pro Intercoolers ... that's what the bloke I bought the engine and turbo off had running in the front of his - so long as you don't have an oil cooler, and air con radiator, they slot down the front pretty well apparently. Only issue is the pipe work needs to wrap around each side and essentially 'crossover' the engine to get back to the passenger side at the turbo ... no huge drama I'm sure, just be aware the pipe work will cost as much if not more than the intercooler itself.

macca86
14th January 2012, 07:02 PM
there are intercoolers with the intake and out take on the same side to reduce piping making more efficient power and cooling such as this

Bigrig
14th January 2012, 07:10 PM
there are intercoolers with the intake and out take on the same side to reduce piping making more efficient power and cooling such as this

Too true fella - like my XR6 intercooler which I picked up for a snappy $75

macca86
14th January 2012, 08:31 PM
can't complain at that price

td42dan
15th January 2012, 06:59 PM
from the couple if fmic setups ive seen 600x300 with inlet and outlet at opposite sides the pipe work shouldnt be to involved.....